Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:34:02 PM

In large amounts I think the recommended amount is fair. But when sending smaller amounts sometimes the fee can be more than what you want to send which sort of eliminates the point of sending small amounts.
yasukata

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:42:36 PM

Indeed I think transaction fee for bitcoin is high. Is there any solution?
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:53:58 PM

miners are allready getting paid when they mine, there's nothing fair about those fees they gives the users.
I can send money local here using the bank system for free, and the arrive the same sec i send them.
Iveyalla

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:13:58 PM

I didn't find fair side or not. And indeed it should be that fee tx remain as low as before or not too high rise. Because, looking value bitcoin as now, fee tx is very visible value.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:35:54 AM

to all these newbies that thing that fees are fair because the "miners" get them.. the "miners" get the 12.5 btc block reward.. shouldn't that be enough?
the fee system is not fair and is completely broken.. right now it doesnt matter how much btc you send.. you send .002 or .2 or even 2 btc you will pay the same fee per kb and if your wallet is fragmented you will even pay a higher total fee for sending LESS than if you sent MORE..

plus there is the issue that when you send bitcoin you can be totally fine with a .001 fee, then 10 minutes later your tx will never confirm because the fee went up.. leaving you STUCK with no option to raise your fee or cancel your tx and resend it..

the fee should be a fixed amount.. and the tx priority should be first in first out.

georgiyfo

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

bitcoin transaction fees not honest now a days.users always use large charges for obtaining affirmation soon.community not enhance block size in this way miners are receiving profited and consumers unfastened their cash.so several people now use bitcoin now want enhance block size or else bitcoin transaction expenses will more than bank charges.
tryer12

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:26:40 PM

The problem is what will the fees be when there's no bitcoins left to mine and all the miners will have to relay on fees.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:12:18 PM

I agreed that there are flaws in the current fee structure of bitcoins, it's just like making the strong miners richer and those that are using it are subjected to high fees, i remembered placing a market order of 0.08 BTC cost another 0.01 BTC = 65 dollars! and moving them cost like 6 dollars which is too much for me now, also buying a cheap server with $10 worth of BTC costs another $5 BTC just for the processing fee, not to mention about the speed and lengthy time on confirmation. It's definitely unfair for us i must say.

hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:21:43 PM

of course not. I think the bitcoin is directly proportional, so every price rises, then the fee we have to spend will also rise, as well as other needs other. I think it all happened because the number of transactions increased due to the very active market.

Everything is fair - as long as you are earning big money out of your bitcoin thing, bitcoin transaction fee is not really a problem. It would only be unfair if only us will benefit from it and at the expense of the bitcoin miners. Yes, I agree that the transaction fee is proportional to how bitcoin price is going up or down and the law of demand and supply is in application with bitcoin transactions.
I think the transaction fee depends upon the price of bitcoin. If the price of bitcoin low the transaction fee will be low and if the price high then transaction fee will also high because the charges is in bitcoin and not in dollars or any other currency. Just like in this forum. The contractors pay in bitcoins and not in the dollars. Your earnings totally depend upon the price of bitcoin.
No, if the price of Bitcoin can keep stable at high price in few days, we won't have any problem make you need to spend a lot of Bitcoin to pay the transaction fees. Because, it depends on the total numbers transaction in the network. Increases the transaction has still can makes the Bitcoin network becomes obstructed.
Criptolog90

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:35:09 PM

I think it is indeed a way how they do business with transaction costs, in fact it's a reasonable thing, but if the transaction costs are too expensive then it is unnatural because they are managing too much benefit
Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:45:46 AM

I agreed that there are flaws in the current fee structure of bitcoins, it's just like making the strong miners richer and those that are using it are subjected to high fees, i remembered placing a market order of 0.08 BTC cost another 0.01 BTC = 65 dollars! and moving them cost like 6 dollars which is too much for me now, also buying a cheap server with $10 worth of BTC costs another $5 BTC just for the processing fee, not to mention about the speed and lengthy time on confirmation. It's definitely unfair for us i must say.
First of all, you need to know do not try to send your Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin increases to new All time high price and has strongly volatility in the market. In that time, too many people also want to try send their Bitcoin while total miner can not provide confirm for all transactions in network. Finally, it creates a huge numbers of transactions can not confirm. -> Need to increase the transaction fees.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:07:31 AM

First of all, you need to know do not try to send your Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin increases to new All time high price and has strongly volatility in the market. In that time, too many people also want to try send their Bitcoin while total miner can not provide confirm for all transactions in network. Finally, it creates a huge numbers of transactions can not confirm. -> Need to increase the transaction fees.

what you said is exactly why the fee system is not fair and is broken..

you should never have to worry about when to send bitcoin.. or how much fee you need to GUESS to add to the transaction..

i say guess because at the moment there is no real way to tell exactly how much fee to include.. most of the wallets just overshoot the fee by a huge amount so the tx gets confirmed quickly.. this is not how it should work.
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:33:40 AM

I think fair, if we compare the transaction with the bank of course bitcoin transaction costs are very small and cheap so it becomes our hope all to transfer the transaction from bank to bitcoin.
Manyara

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 07:45:18 AM

Compared to some other payment systems, it is considered fair. You cannot compare the fees when transaction on Bitcoin to those charged by PayPal. Also, the speed of the transfers are very efficient. You get your funds even in minutes whereas you have to wait longer with PayPal and the rest especially when the transfers are from someone in another continent. 

For all the latest Cryptocurrency and blockchain news visit www.coinweez.com Join coinweez telegram community https://t.me/joinchat/E4QgYhDAXeum7azNK8JRuw Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinweez Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinweezofficial/
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:52:32 AM

Compared to some other payment systems, it is considered fair. You cannot compare the fees when transaction on Bitcoin to those charged by PayPal. Also, the speed of the transfers are very efficient. You get your funds even in minutes whereas you have to wait longer with PayPal and the rest especially when the transfers are from someone in another continent. 

Fees would be unreasonable if the bitcoin price is 100x more expensive than the current price, unfair because the miners apply the cost that can not be lowered again, this time still can be compared with paypal or fee from conventional bank, but in the future will not be able to because it will be more commercial.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:34:03 PM

Volatility comes with price. I think that there are some issues with the transaction fee having a direct relationship with the rate of Bitcoin, however there's a part of me that also agrees that this kind of system is just and fair. The transaction fee is highly dependent on the network you are involved with. Given that scenario, the amount of your transaction fee is not solely based on the amount of Bitcoin you want to send, trade, or convert. There are some networks that offer free transaction fees when sending Bitcoin (i.e. transactions done with the same wallet to send Bitcoin). There are also some systems that charges a greater amount of transaction fee rather than to what will be sent. I believe that these rules are established in order to maintain the value of Bitcoin. Maybe if this would be improved, a certain or fixed percentage of the Bitcoin that is to be wired should be the amount of transaction fee to be paid to establish a centralized system (i.e. no matter the amount of Bitcoin you want to transfer, a 10% transaction fee should be charged on you), no matter what network is involved. If this was considered then I think a consensus for everyone would be established.
bbs98

Activity: 190

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:41:14 PM

we should see the comparison between Bitcoin and Bank transactions in advance that we can see which is cheaper or more expensive, Bitcoin transactions can be more expensive if you see high bitcoin prices but cheaper when looking at the ease of transactions with bitcoin.
Python2.5

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:08:34 PM

Bitcoin transaction fees are fair. They are actually the best you can find anywhere for the kind of transactions you make online.
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:08:47 PM

Bitcoin transaction fees are very expensive, i hope  that the transaction fees may be lessen in the future. It serves as a burden for those who are not earning too much.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:58:17 PM

I think fair, if we compare the transaction with the bank of course bitcoin transaction costs are very small and cheap so it becomes our hope all to transfer the transaction from bank to bitcoin.

Yes, right. whether we are fair or not, are we also benefiting equally? platforms and miners benefit, as well as our transactions that can be confirmed smoothly. well, a kind of symbiotic mutualism, all benefit.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: