Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Feathercoins were mined the first day (24 hours) 1 million or 2 million  (Read 3293 times)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:15:38 AM

The hashrate went up on this coin faster than any other alt before it. After 12 hours the hash rate was higher than Freicoins after it had been released for a week. I look forward to the FC hash rate and coin minted graphs when we get them up so we can analyse this in closer detail.

For all that there were so many coins out there I still have not been able to buy 100k for 10BTC.

The value of the coins comes with time, bitcoins were worthless in the beginning too. Once some exchanges start to deal in FC and they start changing hands, the value will start to rise.

The issue was the opposite. The price was higher than I expected. I tried to pay 10BTC for 100,000FC in chunks but was being offered it for 40BTC. I do not know if this is a fair price, I will wait for the exchange and let that inform me.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:25:58 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 10:11:38 AM by erk

The issue was the opposite. The price was higher than I expected. I tried to pay 10BTC for 100,000FC in chunks but was being offered it for 40BTC. I do not know if this is a fair price, I will wait for the exchange and let that inform me.

Sounds cheap to me, LTC are trading at about 30:1 for BTC on BTC-e. You could say FC could be worth as much as 1/4 of an LTC if they had the same reputation, so that could be as high as 120:1 against BTC one day.

The way I see it, coin value has two parts, firstly the base value, that's how much energy it takes to mine it. You would know that better than I for FC I will assume it takes a quarter of the energy that mining LTC does. Then you have the good will component, that's what the coin builds up being traded in the marketplace for a number of years. So once the good will builds up, the coin should be proportional worth the energy it takes to mine it compared to BTC, LTC etc.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:10:29 AM

I mine what's profitable, I don't even care. Make a Buttcoin and if it's profitable, I'll mine it.
But I'd never keep FeatherCoin, I don't believe for a second that it has a future.
I turn it into LTC as fast as I can.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:22:08 AM

I mine what's profitable, I don't even care. Make a Buttcoin and if it's profitable, I'll mine it.
But I'd never keep FeatherCoin, I don't believe for a second that it has a future.
I turn it into LTC as fast as I can.

I mine what's profitable, I don't even care. Make a Tittycoin and if it's profitable, I'll mine it.
But I'd never keep LTC, I don't believe for a second that it has a future.
I turn it into BTC as fast as I can.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
UKMark

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 10:44:12 AM

All this BS Altcoin hating is absolutely crazy..... Sour grapes because the OP's of these threads couldn't figure out how to mine the fuckers soon enough?... FFS any altcoin (EVEN theeeee COIN had to start off in order to exist and there are quite a few $MILLIONS in BTC sat in cold wallets AFAIK - Imagine the chaos if they ever suddenly became HOT wallets) Anyway if you are that bothered buy a few thousand, most miners with these so called millions of FC have either sold, are selling or have given a large portion of them away, maybe one day they might regret doing that, maybe one day they won't, either way does it really matter anyway? If people believe in a coin it will work.
I like the idea of FC tbh as it follows the /4 route of the other 2 MAIN coins. And having transacted with FC I like the way it fully confirms in a fraction of the time with a fraction of the hashing power, seems a pretty logical step forward and I'm sure Satoshi wouldn't be starting these types of threads!  Undecided

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:03:33 PM

Feathercoin is early adopter scam, and the same goes to Mincoin and partially to Bytecoin. The last fairly started coin was ... can't recall any, LOL!

From your line of thinking, every coin is a scam.
r3animation

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

Feathercoin is early adopter scam, and the same goes to Mincoin and partially to Bytecoin. The last fairly started coin was ... can't recall any, LOL!

From your line of thinking, every coin is a scam.

Bitcoin and Litecoin differ, but you would not know since you actualy have no clue about anything.

Then explain how early adopters of BTC or LTC didn't benefit.
r3animation

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:23:34 PM

Do I look like living wikipedia or something? You are on the Internet and you have a brain, do the homework yourself.

Then you clearly have nothing to support your statements.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: