Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverwolf's Introduction post. Aka. From Russia with Love.  (Read 482 times)
Silverwolf_Ru (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:14:07 AM

Hello everybody! Greetings from Russia.

Just wanted to have a thread for myself here on the Newbie forum. I am mining mostly Litecoin in P2Pool, dabbled a little in Feathercoin, but never found  a block. Not a very great set up. Will get to list it in my tagline. But it's a simple GTX 560TI doing 155-162 k/hash scrypt with the new CUDA Miner. Input that into this Excel table as well https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjMqJzI7_dCvdG9fZFN1Vjd0WkFOZmtlejltd0JXbmc#gid=2  Have a slow GTX260 doing 20-24 khash scrypt, which I can't seem to pump higher before crashing.

Hobbies are mostly amateur ham radios and astrophotography. Maybe someday I'd be able to buy a proper mount and telescope for the crumbles of Litecoin that I have. The current 0.2 LTC isn't much Smiley Pondering at getting a 5630 for mining. Sadly those are so hard to find right now. No store in Russia holds them. What they do stock does less! actually then my current setup. The whole calamity can peak at 220 khash for scrypt, but then it looks and sounds like Chernobyl at meltdown.; Lasts as long as well sadly Sad I dread the summer. It can get up to +30C or higher and I am afraid my whole little mining 'rig' would just melt.

Just sharing some personal thoughts and experiences, running Minerd on full 4 cores results in less khashes for my GPU's somehow. Wanted to reply to that on the CUDA miner thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.580 here, but newbies aren't allowed to do that. Seems if you run the new CUDA miner with the -D option and let it tune you will get a handy table of how your NVIDIA GPU performs at different settings of S**x* (that's not a swearword Wink )

Feel free to ask something, if anything in my introduction post caught your eye. I'd like to think I am a kind and helpful wolf ^^

Bitcoin: 17kz4pWKoMoVupGUYgj8kGomxXUkDHNtVe
Shadowcoin: Seta8CFwP6yvbeCkgfjxXjpkokrQMQovGF ~Coin of the Future!
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:13:54 AM

Hi,

You need to make 4 posts + stay logged in on this forum for at least 4 hours, and then you will be able to post on the CUDA miner thread.
So, read a few (while logged in) posts and say hi to other newbies ...  Smiley

Silverwolf_Ru (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:27:21 AM

Hi,

You need to make 4 posts + stay logged in on this forum for at least 4 hours, and then you will be able to post on the CUDA miner thread.
So, read a few (while logged in) posts and say hi to other newbies ...  Smiley

Dear YaCare.

Thank you for the kind greeting. I will surely keep that in mind. I do plan on staying for longer then four hours. But so far I don't seem to have much sensible to post. Oh well, I guess this reply counts as well. Enjoy your day please!

Oooh, Hashing rate up to 250 khashes with my 'rig' (I doubt it can be called that even! It's more like my old gaming computer from 2008, slightly updated.) Spikes to 300 khashes. But I am not sure that P2Pool graphics and statistics are reliable. I've read they tend to overvalue setups.

brandnewx

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:27:54 AM

I just want to trade some Feathercoin (thru PM) and I'm not sure how many posts I need to be able to do so. Please advise.
Silverwolf_Ru (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:53:43 AM

I just want to trade some Feathercoin (thru PM) and I'm not sure how many posts I need to be able to do so. Please advise.

You can send Private Messages right away I believe. You can get in touch with persons and such. But I am sure they would still use their own personal judgment to trust you, or not. Besides there is a Feathercoin trading thingy on Google Docs somewhere. You could look that up. Then again, use common sense to avoid scams and fraud. Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: