Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila is a scammer and heavily in debt. New 2020 scam info enclosed  (Read 31022 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:17:22 PM

David Latapie
+ 2017

Know what i just noticed ? Your Trust Rating is twice as bad as mine ?
4x worse than Mark from Gox..
Why is that ? Can you explain that to us all ?
I don't think i want to take trade advice from a guy with red trust  Cheesy

PS:
Projects i have started or been involved with i was negged over = 0
Trade related activity i have had i was negged over = 0

..you can't say the same now can you King Risto ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

Create topic calling him a scammer..
Then come back and defend him ?

'Defend'? Not exactly.

Point out when you are spewing nonsense, yes.

There is plenty of scamming that rpietilla has actually done. Your nonsensical delusional allegations are not helpful.

How does a guy create a topic titled "rpietila's Crypto Kingdom game is a scam, heavily in debt. Do not deposit funds." ..in the scam section here.
And then, come back here and deny it all then play dumb etc ?

I'm denying nothing about rpietilla and his game being a fractional reserve scam and heavily in debt. People should stay away from sending or depositing money into anything he's involved with.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:22:10 PM

The nonsense was provided with proof.. see the link i posted.
You as always as you have done for 4 years dance around playing games and bullshitting.

You are full of shit and no better than king risto.

I hope all of you enjoy your karma.. it's coming.
I warned you and i was right and you said the same thing then.. "i was spewing bullshit"

I TOLD YOU SO.

Now carry on with your scam topic in the scam section.  Cheesy

Don't worry guys if Risto thinks you DESERVE your money and the guy he hired to get access to his email address used on the exchange pans out you will get paid eventually... maybe ? Wink
Oh and in the mean time just join his new forum game !
..for Monero adoption of course ROFL

Hey assholes..
I don't have to "spew bullshit" you got it covered  Cheesy

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:30:54 PM

Create topic calling him a scammer..
Then come back and defend him ?

'Defend'? Not exactly.

Point out when you are spewing nonsense, yes.

There is plenty of scamming that rpietilla has actually done. Your nonsensical delusional allegations are not helpful.

How does a guy create a topic titled "rpietila's Crypto Kingdom game is a scam, heavily in debt. Do not deposit funds." ..in the scam section here.
And then, come back here and deny it all then play dumb etc ?

I'm denying nothing about rpietilla and his game being a fractional reserve scam and heavily in debt. People should stay away from sending or depositing money into anything he's involved with.

Not sure why you respond to such delusional ramblings dude, nothing he says makes sense and we all know.  What he is after is a response from anyone since I doubt after all his time on BCT anyone other than a total noob would ever engage him and humor his ramblings.

All one has  to do is compare you trust rating to his and all is evident.  No need to feed his delusions which would be much better served with a strong regiment of anti-psychotic medication.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:08:22 AM

But but but.. Risto & Latapie are "not apart" of Monero they chant all along for 4 years.
Except uhhh they are  Cheesy

So ?
What do we see ?

The usual Monero suspects flooding in as usual doing Monero Damage control.

It's simple.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 08:25:49 AM

Oddly, the title is misleading as it lumps risto's debt in with the game--a game risto has been kicked out of for scamming people. Though I think this is smooth's attempt at deflating the game's value, so he can buy back-in on the cheap. So until smooth changes the title, I think he deserves the irony of sputnik lumping risto's scam in with monero--and having to defend against the obvious fallacy. Funny how things go.

BTW: neither CK or Monero are scams, but they can be used by scammers in the same way BTC or AlphaBay can be used by scammers. These are tools, not omnipotent-organizations. I just wish smooth would fix his logic in the same way he expects sputz to fix his.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:00:59 AM

Oddly, the title is misleading as it lumps risto's debt in with the game--a game risto has been kicked out of for scamming people.

The game is also at fault, for failing to control its own books and accounts, and also failing to do anything to make players whole once the founder and largest stakeholder of the game manipulated the integrity of the game and ripped people off.

The best thing for anyone who hasn't already been ripped off to do is stay away until people are made whole and the structural problems are resolved (for example by putting the assets on a blockchain where they can't be arbitrarily manipulated).

If MtGox reopened tomorrow with Kerpelles 'kicked out' but the whole rest of the crew still there, would you deposit money? I know I would not.

And no, I have no interest in buying in on the cheap (I wouldn't have to buy 'back' in either, as I already have a huge collection of in-game assets).

Fix this problem for real, and maybe the game has a chance. Otherwise, its all one dirty and dangerous pile of shit and people should not deposit money.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:45:07 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 10:57:22 AM by generalizethis

Oddly, the title is misleading as it lumps risto's debt in with the game--a game risto has been kicked out of for scamming people.

The game is also at fault, for failing to control its own books and accounts, and also failing to do anything to make players whole once the founder and largest stakeholder of the game manipulated the integrity of the game and ripped people off.

The best thing for anyone who hasn't already been ripped off to do is stay away until people are made whole and the structural problems are resolved (for example by putting the assets on a blockchain where they can't be arbitrarily manipulated).

If MtGox reopened tomorrow with Kerpelles 'kicked out' but the whole rest of the crew still there, would you deposit money? I know I would not.

And no, I have no interest in buying in on the cheap (I wouldn't have to buy 'back' in either, as I already have a huge collection of in-game assets).

Fix this problem for real, and maybe the game has a chance. Otherwise, its all one dirty and dangerous pile of shit and people should not deposit money.

The game is at fault for Risto's actions? So Alphabay would be at fault for every dealer who sells counterfeit pills? Sputz feel free to lump Monero and Risto together using smooth's logic. [Also, who is the "Game?" By your own admission, you own a large chunk of the game, so are you going to pay me the $200,000 eu that risto owes me, or do I pay back the how-ever-much BTC risto owes you? It be like a decentralized exchange paying victims of a scammer with money from the victims of a scammer]

Mt Gox was an exchange, not a video game with deposhares controlled by third party wallets. And Risto is alone in his actions. I never heard you once complain about CK's design (or trade the items that in your own infallible wisdom, you should have seen as risky) until Risto fucked it up for everyone.

How would you fix it? You want to pay Risto's bill? I'm looking into putting items on the blockchain, but all that work has to come from volunteers paid with in-game currency (work I never see you volunteering to help with--despite your concern).

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 11:11:18 AM by smooth

The game is at fault for Risto's actions?

I'm not assigning fault, I'm saying it is an unsound system which enabled this scam and has done nothing to resolve the fact that people deposited into the game and were not able to withdraw from it (the proximate cause for that being rpietilla's manipulation of the game records, but the underlying cause being poor controls) other than "SFYL, game goes on!"

I'd add to that another separate incident where the database was lost, due to developer error, there were no usable recent backups, and people faced potential large trading losses from a rollback until one of the players thankfully volunteered to help the developer do what he wasn't able to do himself (recover it).

If you are inviting people to put money into that, then yes you are complicit in scamming. Play all you like, but don't invite people to deposit money into such a system before you get your house in order.

I never heard you once complain about CK's design

Excuse me? I have been saying for years that at least the monetary assets (whether houses and such should be on a blockchain is a different question) should be on a blockchain (and also repeatedly stated that the blockchain version of the token should not be disadvantaged relative to the in-game token, for example by not receiving dividends, so that people are not discouraged from more-safely holding the blockchain version). I was the one who originally did the research into the capabilities and suitability of various asset platforms and suggested counterparty last year when luigi created the original token.

How would you fix it? You want to pay Risto's bill?

Aside from structural reforms,  you could start by seizing and selling all of his in-game assets with the proceeds used to (likely partially) repay the players who were ripped off when it turned into a fractional reserve scam. Has that yet been done?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 11:26:47 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 11:44:05 AM by generalizethis

I'm not assigning fault, I'm saying it is an unsound system which enabled this scam and has done nothing to resolve the fact that people deposited into the game and were not able to withdraw from it (the proximate cause for that being rpietilla's manipulation of the game records, but the underlying cause being poor controls) other than "SFYL, game goes on!"

I'd add to that another separate incident where the database was lost, due to developer error, there were no usable recent backups, and people faced potential large trading losses from a rollback until one of the players thankfully volunteered to help the developer do what he wasn't able to do himself (recover it).

If you are inviting people to put money into that, then yes you are complicit in scamming. Play all you like, but don't invite people to deposit money into such a system before you get your house in order.

Excuse me? I have been saying for years that at least the monetary assets (whether houses and such should be on a blockchain is a different question) should be on a blockchain (and also repeatedly stated that the blockchain version of the token should not be disadvantaged relative to the in-game token, for example by not receiving dividends, so that people are not discouraged from more-safely holding the blockchain version). I was the one who originally did the research into the capabilities and suitability of various asset platforms and suggested counterparty last year when luigi created the original token.

Aside from structural reforms,  you could start by seizing and selling all of his in-game assets with the proceeds used to (likely partially) repay the players who were ripped off when it turned into a fractional reserve scam. Has that yet been done?

Assets were seized yesterday, accounts were locked weeks ago, and yes, PJ is a hack DEV--but risto paid him upfront and he's all we have atm until we can get a blockchain asset  and fund it ourselves. So unless you have a way to expedite these matters, like creating a blockchain asset with your skillset, you are just repeating what we already know. Though if you are suggesting tying the game's currency to a blockchain asset, you would be damning the game--we were lucky that saddam was never hacked when M was pegged to XMR--risto's actions actually highlight this risk, rather than point to it as a solution. [Note: I am distinguishing between asset and currency]

Also, no one is asking anyone to deposit anything into the game atm--but meanwhile, risto is creating another game--so feel free to protect those people.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:41:31 PM

Also, no one is asking anyone to deposit anything into the game atm--but meanwhile, risto is creating another game--so feel free to protect those people.

Okay then, I'm not sure what the issue is if there are no deposits and actions are being taken to improve the situation.

If there are any new developments in terms of paying back the players who were scammed I'll be happy to add them to this thread. In fact your comments about his assets being seized and other improvements to the safety of the game are worthy of being noted in the OP as well. When I get a chance I will make the edit.

As for his new game, afaik this thread and his associated history should suffice to warn people not to deposit money in his next game either.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:34:40 PM

Aside from structural reforms,  you could start by seizing and selling all of his in-game assets with the proceeds used to (likely partially) repay the players who were ripped off when it turned into a fractional reserve scam. Has that yet been done?

Assets were seized yesterday, accounts were locked weeks ago, and yes, PJ is a hack DEV--but risto paid him upfront and he's all we have atm until we can get a blockchain asset  and fund it ourselves. So unless you have a way to expedite these matters, like creating a blockchain asset with your skillset, you are just repeating what we already know. Though if you are suggesting tying the game's currency to a blockchain asset, you would be damning the game--we were lucky that saddam was never hacked when M was pegged to XMR--risto's actions actually highlight this risk, rather than point to it as a solution. [Note: I am distinguishing between asset and currency]

Risto is creating another spreadsheet game?  I could never understand how so many people participated in that in the first place, it seemed so silly but thats just me.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:40:57 PM

It's not just you.  Cheesy

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:16:59 PM

It's not just you.  Cheesy
lol Ditto
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:05:29 AM

Monero wouldn't exist unless Risto funded it all along.
You guys forever down play his involvement and his forum game employee he hired David Latapie.

It's Risto's coin guys.
So yeah.. this does relate to Monero big time.

Hell he said explicitly he created it as a Monero Adoption Asset on the MEW topic.
This forum game *IS* Monero Advertising by the very same people behind Monero.

All this does matter and we all know it.
The only people waffling around bullshitting are the Monero shills in damage control mode.

Honestly i think all the little fish are scared shitless he will take his ball & go home.
If Risto decides to dump all his XMR it's gonna get ugly and stain the reputation of the coin badly forever.

And he might.
He's a mentally ill asshole.

Look at this topic he rips you off then says you don't "Deserve" your money.
What is there to defend ?

You guys if you had half a brain would have severed your ties from him LONG AGO !

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:32:15 AM

When CK was first being discussed I thought the prevailing Idea was that XMR would be the in game currency. Wasn't that what was supposed to be the innovation and the part that helped monero expand it's eco system? I have no clue why a spreadsheet and a trusted system was  even used? That kind of defeated the initial purpose of the game didn't it?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

@generalizethis, I edited your comments about kicking rpietilla out of the game and seizing his assets into the OP. Now my question to you is whether those assets are going to be used to compensate the players who were scammed?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:32:26 AM

@Hueristic
Excellent point !
Can't believe i missed that.
But yeah i was thinking that too way back.

I also find it disgusting a millionaire took MEW money donated to fund his forum game.
It sickens me that he had to take small amounts from little fish to fuel his fantasy.
And who the hell ever heard of a forum game needing money ?

So it seems the XMR part of this was getting the Monero community to donate XMR coins to fund this game so he could run off with cash later.

The question i'm wondering is here is who is the victim ?

I have said all along for years the Monero shills were simply exploiting the mentally ill rich guy.
But in reality it appears he is in fact the shrewd one and got the last laugh.

As long as buddy stomped around with big talk and posted pictured of castles and screen caps with huge wallet balances all these Monero shills were more than happy to feed into his maniacal ego and shenanigans.
Even going so far as to cover up his bullshit stunts when he got cornered.

Look at the guy above me..
Then look at the MEW topic.. who was first in line doing damage control setting up refunds and an apology ?

An apology for yup.. Risto's idiotic bullshit ego tripping shenanigans.

So i wonder will the crew here learn something ?
I've thought that guy was a cancer on what ever project he supported.

Risto you are a little piece of scammer shit prick.
Pay these guys their money pronto ...and shut your fucking mouth.
Hows that for for straight forward ? LOL  Grin
I am not going to suck up to that chubby ass bald nerd prick douche.

And check your ass back into a mental hospital.
Risto you lured these people into a game so pay them.
Don't have access to exchange funds ?
Then sell the Bentley or the castle or the silver you posted pictures of here.
You have ZERO excuses buddy.. pay your damn bills.

And you have some fucking nerve rattling your cocky smug little "angel" dick holster about who "deserves" their money.. and saying " do these people know who they are dealing with ?"

Yeah a petty arrogant little scammer douche bag who has a scammer topic created on his ass.
THAT'S WHO !

Quit being a cunt and get some packing peanuts and put those silver tea pots into a box and Fed-Ex them to your victims asshole !

..this prick has no right simply starting a new game after ripping people off on the old one !

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 02:04:28 PM

@generalizethis, I edited your comments about kicking rpietilla out of the game and seizing his assets into the OP. Now my question to you is whether those assets are going to be used to compensate the players who were scammed?

Yes, if risto does not pay his debt and reclaim his account, his assets will be used to repay the debt he created, and this is a huge IF, if the game is successful enough to do so.

And just to be clear, I am using some seized assets (his M, land, and deposhares will remain untouched as per game rules) to create bounties and fund other projects to help ck become a successful gaming platform.

Also, I did not follow this thread, but will do so as to answer any questions that may arise about the game sans risto.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:51:08 PM

Monero wouldn't exist unless Risto funded it all along.
You guys forever down play his involvement and his forum game employee he hired David Latapie.

It's Risto's coin guys.
So yeah.. this does relate to Monero big time.

Hell he said explicitly he created it as a Monero Adoption Asset on the MEW topic.
This forum game *IS* Monero Advertising by the very same people behind Monero.

All this does matter and we all know it.
The only people waffling around bullshitting are the Monero shills in damage control mode.

Honestly i think all the little fish are scared shitless he will take his ball & go home.
If Risto decides to dump all his XMR it's gonna get ugly and stain the reputation of the coin badly forever.

And he might.
He's a mentally ill asshole.

Look at this topic he rips you off then says you don't "Deserve" your money.
What is there to defend ?

You guys if you had half a brain would have severed your ties from him LONG AGO !

let him dump ,XMR is bigger than risto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: