Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:59:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the long term outlook for bitcoin price, for 2020 and beyond?  (Read 3310 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:57:31 AM

I suspect that Bitcoin Unlimited will likely die but that is not carved in stone either.

Bitcoin Unlimited will likely end up drying out, but the problem isn't exactly the proposed alternative sides, but more the people behind them. Poisenous, but at the same time quite influential individuals such as Roger Ver and Jihan Wu will not just drop their hidden agendas. If Bitcoin Unlimited isn't it, then they will come up with something else. Especially when you consider that they have no problems with holding Bitcoin's growth back to nurse their own ego and toxic ideology.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 11:03:47 AM

I suspect that Bitcoin Unlimited will likely die but that is not carved in stone either.

Bitcoin Unlimited will likely end up drying out, but the problem isn't exactly the proposed alternative sides, but more the people behind them. Poisenous, but at the same time quite influential individuals such as Roger Ver and Jihan Wu will not just drop their hidden agendas. If Bitcoin Unlimited isn't it, then they will come up with something else. Especially when you consider that they have no problems with holding Bitcoin's growth back to nurse their own ego and toxic ideology

With Bitcoin Unlimited kicking the bucket their influence will subside dramatically

Roger Ver will be as relevant as the number of coins he has, and if he chooses to dump them, then more power to him. I think quite a few people will be just happy to jump at this opportunity and buy his coins when the price flash crashes after he sells his stash of bitcoins (though I sincerely doubt whether he is actually going to sell anything). Again, Jihan Wu will likely also lose some of his influence between miners as well as miners themselves will be less relevant with the introduction of first SegWit and then Lightning Network

Prohodimec

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:06:52 AM

Don't bother yourself with so distant future. In the world of technologies this is very far away because changes are very fast and dynamic. Anything can happen with the Bitcoin too, the price could go up but also climb down, maybe some new successful cryptocurrencies will appear too. So, let's go one step at the time and focus on current Bitcoin issues.

I agree. Do not bother with forecasts of such a distant future, because it can not be accurately predicted. We need to live today and get the most from this.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:08:19 PM

Roger Ver will be as relevant as the number of coins he has, and if he chooses to dump them, then more power to him. I think quite a few people will be just happy to jump at this opportunity and buy his coins when the price flash crashes after he sells his stash of bitcoins (though I sincerely doubt whether he is actually going to sell anything).
Roger Ver has been offered to trade his Bitcoins for BU coins at the time a hard fork has been initiated, but of course, he never responded - which is more or less the same as simply saying no. In that regard, it's safe to assume that he will never sell his Bitcoins. Mainly because of the fact that his wealth (according to various articles, it is in the range of a few hundred thousand BTC) is exactly that what gives him his power.

Again, Jihan Wu will likely also lose some of his influence between miners as well as miners themselves will be less relevant with the introduction of first SegWit and then Lightning Network
Correct, but as long as he accounts for a large percentage of the total network, he will remain an important factor in the whole picture. Him and Ver combined makes a very powerful duo. In that regard, even with SW and LN activated, they will remain forming a massive obstable.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 01:11:46 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 05:00:36 PM by deisik

Roger Ver will be as relevant as the number of coins he has, and if he chooses to dump them, then more power to him. I think quite a few people will be just happy to jump at this opportunity and buy his coins when the price flash crashes after he sells his stash of bitcoins (though I sincerely doubt whether he is actually going to sell anything).
Roger Ver has been offered to trade his Bitcoins for BU coins at the time a hard fork has been initiated, but of course, he never responded - which is more or less the same as simply saying no. In that regard, it's safe to assume that he will never sell his Bitcoins. Mainly because of the fact that his wealth (according to various articles, it is in the range of a few hundred thousand BTC) is exactly that what gives him his power.

Again, Jihan Wu will likely also lose some of his influence between miners as well as miners themselves will be less relevant with the introduction of first SegWit and then Lightning Network
Correct, but as long as he accounts for a large percentage of the total network, he will remain an important factor in the whole picture. Him and Ver combined makes a very powerful duo. In that regard, even with SW and LN activated, they will remain forming a massive obstable

Just sitting idly on your bitcoins is not very effective either

Indeed, he can threaten to sell his bitcoins, but eventually people will just get used to his threats and stop giving a fuck about them altogether ("a barking dog never bites"). Regarding Wu and his accomplices, when LN gets activated, miners will quickly become purely utilitarian (just how they should have been right from the start). That basically means that they will be no longer able to dictate anything or set the rules since the market of miners (i.e. of sellers) will be effectively over

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:20:09 PM

Will it increase exponentially, linearly, stay constant or crash?

With these three options you have there, I am sure quite a number of people will agree with me that bitcoin price might actually have to witness those scenarios within six months not to talk of 2020 which is like 3 years from now. The truth is no one knows what will happen tomorrow when it comes to bitcoin as we are witnessing price increase now, by tomorrow it might be a crash. So I say, let the future take care of itself and if we are still here we will decide in the future.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:11:23 PM

In a positive environment like there will be no regulations from government and bitcoin gets power to scale and etf gets approval (for example) then obviously we can expect increased demands to have exponential growth.

Fundamentally every halving will trigger exponential growth as supply rapidly decreasing regardless of whatever will be happening around bitcoin ecosystem.
Yes I agree. The future of the Bitcoin is conditional, if the other things don’t change such as the government regulations and stuff it will progress more. As the government regulations are the most vital for any entity or commodity to survive. If the government doesn’t interfere with bad intentions for the bitcoin it will leave no stone unturned and will develop more.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:15:38 PM

These choices are possible to happen in bitcoin and it can happen that it will exponentially because of the positive news that are coming out. But that is still far, 3 years from now. Because technology is very fast in upgrade and bitcoin will be also fast on it's progress. But I strongly believe that it will grow exponentially.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:28:12 PM

Like any other business bitcoin will also go through a business life cycle, there will be a time when it will lose its demand or popularity among the community but it don’t seems to happen in the near future not till the 2020 and even after. Who knows how much time it will take for the bitcoin to go through this cycle ? I see a very bright future of the bitcoin for 2020. It will be traded with a very high price I guess.

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:56:25 PM

Like any other business bitcoin will also go through a business life cycle, there will be a time when it will lose its demand or popularity among the community but it don’t seems to happen in the near future not till the 2020 and even after. Who knows how much time it will take for the bitcoin to go through this cycle ? I see a very bright future of the bitcoin for 2020. It will be traded with a very high price I guess.
business life cycles will always be there but lets face the facts...as bitcoin prices keep sky rocketing its also losing grip of its users who

will demand for other cheaper cryptocurrencies like quantum for their invest options and if a solution of scalability isn't addressed btc will be hit hard  and lose its value. Bitcoins better days are yet to come probably 2020
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:26:25 PM

The outlook for believers is very positive and that is the reason why the market cap of bitcoin is increasing like anything. If the people did not believe in bitcoin, the price wouldn’t have gone that far. Even with the slow network, bitcoin price has increased to 1500 USD +…

So I strongly feel that bitcoin is going to much higher price within next 5-7 years and many investors like me, actually accumulating bitcoins from every possible source. I strongly believe that bitcoin will break all the boundaries of imagination by 2020 and will remain strong for another 5-7 years at least.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:13:21 AM

There is a lot of potential price for bitcoin by 2020 and we can see that the price is almost x4 from the price last year and if this trend will continue then we can multiply it by the year left so it will be x4 * 3 (Year) = 12x, so the possible price for bitcoin after the year of 2020 will be x12 and that is very huge price pump for bitcoin and this is why it is good to have bitcoin now.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:08:06 AM

we can't really say dude but if you base it from what's happening today and if this trend continues, we may very well be looking at the main cryptocurrency in the world that has a price exceeding 2k$.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: