Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀 |ANN| MYSTERIUM NETWORK - Decentralized VPN built on blockchain |MYST|  (Read 127326 times)
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:30:08 PM

Interesting concept, that might actually be useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:49:19 PM

I have read the white paper and have a question about the Seed Participants rewards.
It mentioned that the seed multiplier is 1x when 2 million is collected and 1x to 5x gradually increasing if more than 2 million CHF and less than 6 million CHF is collected. Also "Seed Participant tokens will be separated in two parts: the 1x multiplier part will be released to Seed Participants right after the Token Creation ends. The second part will be locked for 12 months." 
However, in the following table, we can see the Seed Participants(locked) : 2m is 3.4%,3m is 5.7%.4m is 7.7%... the  Seed Participants(locked) seems not proportional to the amount of donation. How the Seed Participants(locked) is calculated?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Mac0ni

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:52:34 PM

Alright so the concept seems neat, but I don't see any answers to basic questions that normal buyers would want to know.

• I see in the whitepaper that "speed" is listed as "High/Medium" vs the Centralized "High". So we can assume right off the bat that speeds are going to be a bit slower than other VPN solutions?
  • What about latency? I would assume this might be one area this project would come out ahead since you'd be able to take much more efficient routes to your destination vs having to path to a centralized server first?
  • Will there be monthly fees for using this "VPN" (like other VPN services)? I see there's allotment for "infrastructure" in the whitepaper, so I'm assuming there will be continual upkeep even though this is decentralized?

I'm just trying to get a feel for where this will fit in the market. Most people I know want the fastest speeds/lowest latency while getting a decent amount of privacy. This project seems more focused on absolute privacy rather than performance, correct?
BurntSnow

Activity: 462

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:36:37 PM

Alright so the concept seems neat, but I don't see any answers to basic questions that normal buyers would want to know.

• I see in the whitepaper that "speed" is listed as "High/Medium" vs the Centralized "High". So we can assume right off the bat that speeds are going to be a bit slower than other VPN solutions?
  • What about latency? I would assume this might be one area this project would come out ahead since you'd be able to take much more efficient routes to your destination vs having to path to a centralized server first?
  • Will there be monthly fees for using this "VPN" (like other VPN services)? I see there's allotment for "infrastructure" in the whitepaper, so I'm assuming there will be continual upkeep even though this is decentralized?

I'm just trying to get a feel for where this will fit in the market. Most people I know want the fastest speeds/lowest latency while getting a decent amount of privacy. This project seems more focused on absolute privacy rather than performance, correct?

The first one's answer is very situational. For example, If I connect to a server that is close to me, I get high speed. But if the server is actually on overseas, the speed gradually decreases. So your speed will depend on the node's location and it's internet speed.

The answer to your second question is something else entirely. You will have to pay MYST token to node owners to actually run VPN.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:44:25 PM

What's the hard cap for the 24 hour additional window if the soft cap of 6 mil CHF is reached before 14 days? According to the whitepaper, it should have been announced 1 week before the ico begins. I probably missed it.
TronQuix

Activity: 306
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:49:53 PM

do we continue to earn rewards for hosting nodes? Or does that end?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:51:22 PM

What's the hard cap for the 24 hour additional window if the soft cap of 6 mil CHF is reached before 14 days? According to the whitepaper, it should have been announced 1 week before the ico begins. I probably missed it.

from slack.

1. Hard Cap is set to 14mm
2. tokens will be created as the sale progresses (less tokens if it's a smaller sale, and more if it's a bigger one). Once it's over - no more MYST coins will be ever created. so to answer the 15% future coins - yes if the sale generates over 6mm - then yes it will be fixed at 15%
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:25:53 AM

I like this project and the idea behind it. Of course there are some technical issues such as the speed or the pricing but I believe they will be resolved/clarified. However for me the most important thing in order to succeed is marketing. The competition is too strong in this market and many people are not aware of the cryptocurrencies, this means that a serious amount of money should be spent in marketing once development is in a sufficient level.
BallsMahoney

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:03:30 AM

Legal Question: If I rent my bandwidth to a mysterium network user who performs illegal activities through my internet connection, could I be charged?

We are working on several ways to protect Nodes from illegal activities from clients. Eg., whitelisting for certain activities to be allowed to run via node.

I'm reading everything I can on this project. This quote bothers me. If my internet use is completely anon, how are you going to stop me? Also, if you can't access certain .onions or other naughty things, doesn't that virtually destroy what would be the first demographic to start using your product?

Hope I'm not coming across like a dick but this has been the only redflag for me afte reading as much as I can. This project sounds awesome but I want to understand everything before investing or getting involved.

Thank you.
Chikako

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:43:10 AM

Legal Question: If I rent my bandwidth to a mysterium network user who performs illegal activities through my internet connection, could I be charged?

We are working on several ways to protect Nodes from illegal activities from clients. Eg., whitelisting for certain activities to be allowed to run via node.

I'm reading everything I can on this project. This quote bothers me. If my internet use is completely anon, how are you going to stop me? Also, if you can't access certain .onions or other naughty things, doesn't that virtually destroy what would be the first demographic to start using your product?

Hope I'm not coming across like a dick but this has been the only redflag for me afte reading as much as I can. This project sounds awesome but I want to understand everything before investing or getting involved.

Thank you.

I believe anon users is not a must-have group for a blockchain project, it can be avoidable, bitcoin had a quick recover when silkroad was seized.
BallsMahoney

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:28:04 AM

Thank you.

I believe anon users is not a must-have group for a blockchain project, it can be avoidable, bitcoin had a quick recover when silkroad was seized.

But the entire point of this project from my understanding is supposed to be about providing the best way to be anon? Otherwise, why wouldn't I just use TOR or "reputable" VPNs?
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

Thank you.

But the entire point of this project from my understanding is supposed to be about providing the best way to be anon? Otherwise, why wouldn't I just use TOR or "reputable" VPNs?
That is the main question, although TOR browser seems a little bit slow but there have been significant improvement in that regards,  one thing I have learnt in this market is that you can't have it both ways, speed and security one has to be prioritized.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
BallsMahoney

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:09:22 AM

Thank you.

That is the main question, although TOR browser seems a little bit slow but there have been significant improvement in that regards,  one thing I have learnt in this market is that you can't have it both ways, speed and security one has to be prioritized.

What intrigues me so much about this tech is if it's properly developed, it could be a literal game changer in internet anonymity. But I'm trying to figure out what they meant by this as it is a direct conflict with everything else they're saying. It confuses me how you'd do this? Are you just going to outright ban .onion sites? If so what's to stop a person from connecting through TOR on a VM?
colombuszka

Activity: 802
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:12:41 AM

Just joined to the bounty program and definitely invest some if I can.

Is there any google/other sheet on accepted/declined bounty hunters? Got signature and reserved the Hungarian translation too, but I don't find where to check my applications.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:37:44 AM

I just love VPNs
MysteriumNetwork (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 07:47:40 AM

IMPORTANT

How to protect Yourself during a Token Sale?
Token Sales are a hot, maybe even hotter than hot buns these days.
Mysterium also has a coming token sale on May 30'th as well. Thus we feel obliged to talk about potential risk of being tricked and how to protect yourself.
This sudden growth attracted all sorts of fraudsters to the space — trying to trick people participating in a token sale by sending their ETH the wrong way.
One of the most common strategies for the fraudster is to imitate a team member and post messages on the company Slack, Telegram, Bitcoin talk forums — soliciting the wrong address (owned by the fraudster of course) urging people to send ETH their way. One thing to note — mostly this type of communication is constrained to chat channels.
In the face of FOMO “fear of missing out” — this is a very simple yet effective strategy, which has been repeated multiple times already.

Where to find information about Mysterium Token Sale?
Statement from Mysterium team:
Mysterium founders WILL NOT POST — token sale smart contract address on any chat channel!
Therefore if you get any message saying that this is the address where you should send your ETH, that most likely means:
It’s NOT coming from us, but from someone pretending to be Mysterium team member. And most likely they are trying to trick you into sending your ETH to the wrong address.
Don’t fall for it.

The only safe place to look for actual token sale/creation smart contract address will be on our website: https://mysterium.network/
Along with the address you will also find the actual guidelines on how to participate in the sale. Nothing to worry about and no need for heavy preparations — as this will be a simple and already common process for most of you.
Don’t fall for cheap tricks neither now nor in the future — and we wish you to be vigilant and always double checking.
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:56:10 AM

waiting for this.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
AlteregoX

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:03:56 AM

Looking forward to the ICO, i think we can easily reach 10 mln
EDisney

Activity: 336

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:28:38 AM

An interesting interview of the founders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3RQofQIdCo

GUTS | GET-Protocol ICO
smart-ticket protocol for events | live product with market traction!
BTC ANN | WEBSITE | BLOG | SANDBOX | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY
hedgeh0g

Activity: 728
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:34:21 PM

IMPORTANT: We’ll post contribution address ONLY on Mysterium homepage (planned for Monday, May 29th)
When the information on the smart address of the contract appears on the site?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: