Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 06:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Term or Long Term  (Read 3797 times)
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:31:58 PM

Thanks for all the information within this topic.

My personal view :

Trade on multiple platforms both short and longterm. Also do not be affraid to take your investment out from a coin which you want to trade shortterm, BUT  atleast a part of the actual profits within the coin and use it for longterm. Lets say that coin explodes.. you make even more profits on the long run.

Also try to think allong, sometimes a coin which you want to trade for long term can change in a way that it's smarter to use it as a short term trading coin.

If the coin does explode (better word would probably be "pump"), grab the opportunity to sell it and then long it on stabler and well traded coins. This is assuming you invest on those super volatile coins and wait till it does pump. In most cases, all coins will go up, it's just a matter of time. Though this is not always true in all coins, however I often see this in Poloniex since most coins there are all active.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:43:28 AM

Both type of trading have their perks, with long term you may end up with bigger margin of profit, but you have to be very patient for that, and in short term, you see growing your investment every day even though by a small amount.
But how do you prefer to trade? Especially when trading alts. Do you go with good potential coins and long term investment so you can only cash in when you get to a desired level of profit?
Or do you prefer day trading and go with whichever coin suits on the day.
And what is according to you best practice?

Those are both really gives us really profit actually, I don't see any of them that are not good they're both profitable.
But if you really want to harvest a big profit, holding in a long term is the best choice to do it, than day trading although it is profitable and quick to earn but it has risk involved only, unlike in long term you just need to be patience only and nothings else to be follow.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

I would go for long term trading. I can say that its really good and applicable for me. I used to learn from being a panic seller and managed to become a short term or day trader. But I'm upgraded right now and I can say thay long term trading is applicable for me because I can handle my emotion and I'm not the same anymore.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:24:57 AM

I would go for long term trading. I can say that its really good and applicable for me. I used to learn from being a panic seller and managed to become a short term or day trader. But I'm upgraded right now and I can say thay long term trading is applicable for me because I can handle my emotion and I'm not the same anymore.

these two strategies are not separate from each other so you don't exactly need to only choose one for your trading strategies. you can do both and also remember that different markets require different type of approach.
for example you can do day trading in both altcoin and bitcoin market but long term investment only works with bitcoin and not a single altcoin is good for that.

Buying the dip...
Japinat

Activity: 3024
Merit: 685

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:10:08 AM

these two strategies are not separate from each other so you don't exactly need to only choose one for your trading strategies. you can do both and also remember that different markets require different type of approach.
for example you can do day trading in both altcoin and bitcoin market but long term investment only works with bitcoin and not a single altcoin is good for that.
Just follow the trend and you shall succeed, now that bitcoin is getting its good value most altcoins are currently on dump, you can buy now and expect to make profit again once bitcoin starts to neutralize, it's a hard job to do really if you are doing it for short term trades.

However, if you look for long term trade, technique that I used is I buy at dip and keep it longer, it gives me success doing it, just be patient to wait.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████