Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96 is out  (Read 13772 times)
Tim R

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:27:18 PM

I checked and Bitcoin Core is running in the background, which I thought meant it would keep the block height current. Is there a specific sequence to force it to the full block height - thought that happened automatically with Armory left running and Bitcoin Core referenced in the background. Just tried closing Armory and opened Bitcoin Core and it is full synched. Then opened Armory and it is stuck at "Loading 100%".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tim R

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:50:25 PM

No progress so closed both Armory and Bitcoin Core and restarted only Armory as usual with Bitcoin Core called up to run in the background. Will see if I get full block height this time when done - unless you or goatpig offer a alternate thought in the interim. If still not to full block height when done I will post logs in pastebin link again. Thanks.
Tim R

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:02:16 AM

goatpig:  Still no progress for Armory 0.96.0.3 Parsing Tx Hashes after hours. When I can get Armory fully loaded the block height was still lower than current so balance was unconfirmed. Have tried various methods to try to get Armory to load full block hoping the balance would get confirmed with 0.96.0.3 loaded. Latest pastebin error log https://pastebin.com/7j7su0Au
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:54:50 AM

You want to build the current state of testing, has a fix for this.

truebits

Activity: 66
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:53:02 AM

I upgraded to Armory .96 and now my Armory wallet never goes "online". it always says "offline"

I uploaded Bitcoin core (.14) and sync'd it as well. I tried opening Bitcoin core and still nothing?

Ideas?

Without logs no one could help you.

Ok, fair enough how do I retrieve my log? (i am a complete newbie to this).

naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:36:21 AM

I upgraded to Armory .96 and now my Armory wallet never goes "online". it always says "offline"

I uploaded Bitcoin core (.14) and sync'd it as well. I tried opening Bitcoin core and still nothing?

Ideas?

look at C:/Users/your_user_name/AppData/Roaming/Armory   folder. It is over there. Use pastebin online service to present log content here
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:44:00 AM

Ideas?

look at C:/Users/your_user_name/AppData/Roaming/Armory   folder. It is over there. Use pastebin online service to present log content here

Alternative: Open Armory, click 'File' -> 'Export Log File'.

* it is still there, right?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:28:18 AM

* it is still there, right?

It's still there, but posting the individual files is better, as the export option, while more accessible to the user, compounds both client and db logs together which makes it a bit harder on those who read through it. More often than not, only one of the logs is actually relevant to a given issue.

Tim R

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:40:31 PM

You want to build the current state of testing, has a fix for this.
goatpig: Installed latest test build #4 and all worked great and balance all confirmed. Test transaction pending and should be good. Thanks for your assistance!
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:32:07 AM

I tried installing "armory_0.96-gcc5.4_amd64.deb" as an offline wallet but it required downloading a couple of files. Obviously, I am not about to compromise my offline machine by exposing it to the interweb just to download said files. Will the next release be self-contained (i.e. not requiring to go online to download some files in order to complete its installation)?

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:49:48 AM

https://btcarmory.com/docs/pathing

I wrote a tutorial explaining what paths Armory uses and how to set them up in the config files. This is simpler than you are imagining it.

Thank you for this thorough tutorial. It helped a lot.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:34:20 AM

I tried installing "armory_0.96-gcc5.4_amd64.deb" as an offline wallet but it required downloading a couple of files. Obviously, I am not about to compromise my offline machine by exposing it to the interweb just to download said files. Will the next release be self-contained (i.e. not requiring to go online to download some files in order to complete its installation)?

I do plan on pushing out an offline package for 0.96.1 if it's what you are referring to.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:32:16 AM

I do plan on pushing out an offline package for 0.96.1 if it's what you are referring to.

I suppose so. Thanks.

alomar

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:34:06 AM

is there any general reason why both 0.95.1 and 0.96 *.deb in VM would both show Connected status bottom right but be stuck at 470751?  everything else appears ok.

getblockcount shows correct height.
RustyRussell

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:43:29 AM

0.96.3 gcc 5.7 ubuntu deb.  Three issues I've found (was on 0.93.3).

- I get a flashed-up-then-gone dialog on startup.  Finally caught it on video, it's "Mirroring Wallets".  Is this something I should be able to click on?

- Bump fee via right-click fails (see error below).  This is my imported vanity addr 1RustyR...

Code:
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/../lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 3409, in showContextMenuLedger
    self.bumpFee(wltID, txHash)
  File "/usr/bin/../lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 5913, in bumpFee
    addrComment = wlt.getCommentForAddress(h160)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1818, in getCommentForAddress
    hashList = self.cppWallet.getScriptHashVectorForIndex(assetIndex)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 4083, in getScriptHashVectorForIndex
    return _CppBlockUtils.WalletContainer_getScriptHashVectorForIndex(self, arg2)
RuntimeError: invalid asset index

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/../lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 3409, in showContextMenuLedger
    self.bumpFee(wltID, txHash)
  File "/usr/bin/../lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 5913, in bumpFee
    addrComment = wlt.getCommentForAddress(h160)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 1818, in getCommentForAddress
    hashList = self.cppWallet.getScriptHashVectorForIndex(assetIndex)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 4083, in getScriptHashVectorForIndex
    return _CppBlockUtils.WalletContainer_getScriptHashVectorForIndex(self, arg2)
RuntimeError: invalid asset index
- You told a previous user to use the RBF control dialog, hitting that gives this error (and no effect):
Code:
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 289, in doRBF
    RBFDlg(self, self.main, wlt)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/CoinControlUI.py", line 140, in __init__
    self.rbfTreeModel = RBFTreeModel(self, wlt)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 998, in __init__
    self.treeStruct = TreeStructure_RBF(self.wlt)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 708, in __init__
    self.setup()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 714, in setup
    rbfList = self.wallet.getRBFTxOutList()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 59, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 512, in getRBFTxOutList
    utxos = self.cppWallet.getRBFTxOutList()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 4005, in getRBFTxOutList
    return _CppBlockUtils.WalletContainer_getRBFTxOutList(self)
DbErrorMsg: <CppBlockUtils.DbErrorMsg; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'DbErrorMsg *' at 0x7fafaba49600> >

File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 289, in doRBF
    RBFDlg(self, self.main, wlt)     
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/CoinControlUI.py", line 140, in __init__
    self.rbfTreeModel = RBFTreeModel(self, wlt)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 998, in __init__
    self.treeStruct = TreeStructure_RBF(self.wlt)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 708, in __init__
    self.setup()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/ui/TreeViewGUI.py", line 714, in setup
    rbfList = self.wallet.getRBFTxOutList()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 59, in inner
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWallet.py", line 512, in getRBFTxOutList
    utxos = self.cppWallet.getRBFTxOutList()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 4005, in getRBFTxOutList
    return _CppBlockUtils.WalletContainer_getRBFTxOutList(self)
<class 'CppBlockUtils.DbErrorMsg'>: <CppBlockUtils.DbErrorMsg; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'DbErrorMsg *' at 0x7fafaba49600> >
Hope that helps track something!  Meanwhile I'll wait for my 2sat/byte TX Smiley

Thanks!
Rusty.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:14:10 AM

- I get a flashed-up-then-gone dialog on startup.  Finally caught it on video, it's "Mirroring Wallets".  Is this something I should be able to click on?

To allow for the use of segwit and compressed key in p2sh scripts, I developed a whole new wallet code. This stuff is in C++ and operates as companion code to the python stuff. The goal was to no disrupt the existing, time tested code, while providing new features for those willing to run new code.

This flashing dialog is for the operation the mirrors the python wallet containers into their new, C++ implemented counterparts. These wallets are WO only, as they only need the data necessary to register the scripts with the DB and construct unsigned transactions. And no, there's nothing to click on, it is just there for report progress on the mirroring, and closes on its own. I figured I'd rather let people see something progress than silently mirror wallets, which can take up to a couple minutes on large wallets.

You will see that dialog every run because you use an imported address, and the mirroring code goes through every import each run, since there is no deterministic way to verify the mirrored wallet is still in sync with the python counterpart.

I'm not sure where to take that part of the GUI atm (if letting the dialog flash is ok, or requiring user interaction to close it is gonna piss off people real quick).

- Bump fee via right-click fails (see error below).  This is my imported vanity addr 1RustyR...

Yep, I borked that when I fixed comments resolution in the main ledger.

- You told a previous user to use the RBF control dialog, hitting that gives this error (and no effect):

And apparently I borked that too... fml.

Thanks for the reports, will go over that stuff .4

gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:23:55 AM

I'm not sure where to take that part of the GUI atm (if letting the dialog flash is ok, or requiring user interaction to close it is gonna piss off people real quick).

It is a common problem: Do you want to display a progress box, if you don't know how long the operation is going to take?  Some programs delay popping up the dialog until a few seconds have passed.  It can still pop up a fraction of a second before it closes, but now it is a lot less likely.

Or you could put a 1-sec delay on closing it.  But please don't require an extra click Smiley
Legar

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:31:31 PM

Hi,

I just installed the wallet but can't launch it:

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3747 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 5929, in <module>
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 244, in __init__
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2190, in loadWalletsAndSettings
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2196, in loadCppWallets
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd6' in position 16: ordinal not in range(128)
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:39:26 PM

Hi,

I just installed the wallet but can't launch it:

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3747 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 5929, in <module>
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 244, in __init__
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2190, in loadWalletsAndSettings
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2196, in loadCppWallets
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xd6' in position 16: ordinal not in range(128)

You have a Unicode character (Ö) somewhere in your path. Armory can't handle Unicode. You'll have to make the entire path ASCII-only.
RustyRussell

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:51:54 PM

- I get a flashed-up-then-gone dialog on startup.  Finally caught it on video, it's "Mirroring Wallets".  Is this something I should be able to click on?

To allow for the use of segwit and compressed key in p2sh scripts, I developed a whole new wallet code. This stuff is in C++ and operates as companion code to the python stuff. The goal was to no disrupt the existing, time tested code, while providing new features for those willing to run new code.

This flashing dialog is for the operation the mirrors the python wallet containers into their new, C++ implemented counterparts. These wallets are WO only, as they only need the data necessary to register the scripts with the DB and construct unsigned transactions. And no, there's nothing to click on, it is just there for report progress on the mirroring, and closes on its own. I figured I'd rather let people see something progress than silently mirror wallets, which can take up to a couple minutes on large wallets.

You will see that dialog every run because you use an imported address, and the mirroring code goes through every import each run, since there is no deterministic way to verify the mirrored wallet is still in sync with the python counterpart.

- Bump fee via right-click fails (see error below).  This is my imported vanity addr 1RustyR...

Yep, I borked that when I fixed comments resolution in the main ledger.

And apparently I borked that too... fml.

Thanks for the reports, will go over that stuff .4

Well, my tx didn't need bumping in the end.  But Armory (0.96.3) seems can't detect its own txs; I think I'm going to run out of outputs soon Smiley

Re-importing the wallet didn't help; I was hoping there was a way to invoke rescanning?  And trying to do a Wallet Consistency check gave a backtrace and an empty
Perform Wallet Consistency Check with both buttons greyed out:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3192 - Error in pybkgdthread: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'walletPath'
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3190, in run
    self.output = self.func()
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3127, in funcPartial
    return thefunc(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWalletRecovery.py", line 1848, in ParseWallet
    Progress=Progress)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3218, in wrappedFunc
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWalletRecovery.py", line 1695, in FixWallet
    frt = fixer.ProcessWallet(wltPath, wlt, Passphrase, mode, Progress=Progress)
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3218, in wrappedFunc
  File "/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWalletRecovery.py", line 400, in ProcessWallet
    WalletPath = Wallet.walletPath
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'walletPath'

Thanks!
Rusty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: