Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:18:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iBelink DM11G - Group Buy - Cancelled  (Read 5676 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:13:43 PM

Truth be told , trying to organize this before Friday is difficult if not impossible.  But you never know if someone wants to buy a bunch then it could happen.

Yeah I see that as a challenge for any of these types of GB
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:19:57 PM

I guess BTC could be used but not sure how to handle the second 50%-  

I have messaged philipma about providing escrow.  If he accepts to escrow the payment arrangements can be per his request.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:23:41 PM

I suppose this would be up to what payment methods that the manufacturer supports and the person doing escrow is willing to handle.

If the person doing escrow can't do wire transfer that would rule them out.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:24:20 PM

Where is your data center located?

Do you know individual shipping weight of each miner?

There are 3 people in our group with data centers.  1 is in Texas, 1 is in Arizona and 1 is in Missouri
Arizona? Where? Im in Phoenix.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:24:28 PM

Only way would be to liquidate the BTC @ market price instantly on receipt OR send 100% of payment up-front to iBelink for them to liquidate. 'Playing the market' with $500k (Leaving it in Crypto, while purchasing a fiat denominated product) makes it something different entirely.

adnanelgalla

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:28:12 PM

3 units for me
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:28:25 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 12:20:13 AM by mprep

I suppose this would be up to what payment methods that the manufacturer supports and the person doing escrow is willing to handle.

Correct, also all the buyers need to be protected from fluctuations in crypto as pointed out.  That is why I suggest Wire but ultimately escrow can make that decision with the community if this comes together.

3 units for me

added to the list

I want to be 100% transparent.  As per the OP I have offered philipma1957 $100/unit or $5000 to do the escrow service for this deal.  If he accepts he will post here himself.  DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY OR BITCOIN TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE.  If you receive any correspondence asking for money it is a  scammer

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:32:48 PM

Correct, also all the buyers need to be protected from fluctuations in crypto as pointed out.  That is why I suggest Wire but ultimately escrow can make that decision with the community if this comes together.
Prefer Wire, as I don't have 4 BTC handy currently. Localbitcoins takes a while to convert... Would need some advance warning if I had to do BTC by Friday...
I might be able to swing 2 rigs though, wife will kill me, but if I can get ROI fairly quickly, perhaps I will be out of the doghouse...
Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:39:51 PM

What kind of contingency do we have here if we get to 50 and then one guy at the last minute has an issue with the wire transfer and we end up at 47?

Would the deal then be dead?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:41:36 PM

USAO, if the wife kills you then make sure to setup a deadman switch so that your system emails the forum so we know that your dead with an address so we can come to your funeral... Do you want us to bury you in the boxes the iBelink shipped in?  Or do you have a preference?  LOL

usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:41:57 PM

What kind of contingency do we have here if we get to 50 and then one guy at the last minute has an issue with the wire transfer and we end up at 47?

Just guessing here, but my bet is that we have over 50, and there will have to be a queue of buyers for any rigs which don't get paid for from the first-50. They will have to jump in quickly to fill any gaps.
Perhaps an spreadsheet with the 50 slots filled in the the same order as paid? Refund anyone who's on the outside looking in? IDK...
usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:42:41 PM

USAO, if the wife kills you then make sure to setup a deadman switch so that your system emails the forum so we know that your dead with an address so we can come to your funeral... Do you want us to bury you in the boxes the iBelink shipped in?  Or do you have a preference?  LOL

Hey, 10+ Grand is no laughing matter.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:47:15 PM

Hey, 10+ Grand is no laughing matter.

LOL, I know it's not, but you have to admit it is pretty funny...  This is why I try to keep dangerous objects out of the reach of the spousal unit!  
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:47:24 PM

No, I am sure we would step up and buy the extra couple.  No way would we let it go for 3 units or whatever Wink

Eyedol-X

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:53:18 PM

No, I am sure we would step up and buy the extra couple.  No way would we let it go for 3 units or whatever Wink

Well here are the phases I see.

Phase 1 -- we have to identify a willing escrow account holder who can manage wire transfers. I don't know how many out there willing to escrow $285K in USD in a bank account somewhere. That shit could throw all kinds of IRS flags later on not to mention be an epic test of the escrow account holders trustworthiness

Phase 2 -- Identify 50 people to make the purchase

Phase 3 -- Get those 50 people to pay the escrow account holder on time, this means they'd have to make their payments by Thursday to clear by Friday most likely

Phase 4 -- Escrow account holder pays $125k to the manufacturer on Friday, sits on the rest until shipment.

I don't know about you but I think the biggest hinge here is the escrow account holder. Second being payment on time.
joarcofa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

Hi Kilo, 1 unit fo me

Thks
Tai_Pan

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:15:27 PM

Please let me know some details:

-what escrow service
-how much to pay
-how / where to provide proof of payment from the escrow and so on.
-when will they be shipped
-how much is the shipping usa-usa or how / where to estimate

and so on ?!?

usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:17:49 PM

-what escrow service
-how much to pay

and so on ?!?
Much of this was dealt with in the OP.
Escrow: TBD
Cost: OP
Timeline: OP
Shipping: OP
Tai_Pan

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

-what escrow service
-how much to pay

and so on ?!?
Much of this was dealt with in the OP.
Escrow: TBD
Cost: OP
Timeline: OP
Shipping: OP

That doesn't really answers any of my questions  Grin
Well hell, I want 1 piece of that gorgeous iBelink ass  Grin

P.S. Please provide further instructions when it's the case.Thank you

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:26:09 PM

-what escrow service
-how much to pay

and so on ?!?

I will post all the specifics tonight.  I am tied up for a few hours.  Wink  This deal will only work with a Verified Trustworthy Escrow like philipma1957.  Most people know him on the forum and he has impeccable qualifications.

List of buyers updated

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: