Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 10:17:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the Machines do the Work (The end of Slavery)  (Read 18318 times)
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:46:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the other guy just addressed this issue, and in a non-trolly manner. Please take his lead Smiley
Certainly. Ekaros, all yours.

(Some prep reading, FinShaggy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_thermal_energy )

Yeah, good read. I'm not sure such system do really scale for home use...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:46:24 PM

And there is a reason that your suggestion is not already implemented.
Are you sure?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_photovoltaics

FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Are you sure?

Ha, nice Smiley
Already in existence... I guess no invention necessary, just development now.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:59:28 PM

Are you sure?
Interesting. You'll note that it uses high-efficiency cells, and requires additional trackers, and cooling. Throwing more light at an inefficient cell doesn't increase it's efficiency.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:22:11 PM

Are you sure?
Interesting. You'll note that it uses high-efficiency cells, and requires additional trackers, and cooling. Throwing more light at an inefficient cell doesn't increase it's efficiency.

So it sounds like we just have to develop the technology, and you are too lazy to even talk about doing that, lol. Wow. TROLL, by nature... You don't even realize you are doing it...

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:24:56 PM

Shag, why not go out and get this stuff done?  We've already talked enough about it, now's the time for action.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:28:06 PM

Are you sure?

So it sounds like we just have to develop the technology, and you are too lazy to even talk about doing that, lol. Wow. TROLL, by nature... You don't even realize you are doing it...
You do realize that people are developing the technology? People are working as we speak to increase PV efficiency and power output. Telling you that slapping a magnifying glass on a regular panel isn't going to help much isn't trolling, it's injecting a little reality into your THC-soaked fantasy.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:29:46 PM

Shag, why not go out and get this stuff done?  We've already talked enough about it, now's the time for action.

I AM POOR.

But I'm getting paid in June, and I will be doing exactly that.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

You do realize that people are developing the technology? People are working as we speak to increase PV efficiency and power output. Telling you that slapping a magnifying glass on a regular panel isn't going to help much isn't trolling, it's injecting a little reality into your THC-soaked fantasy.

Great, then maybe next time you could say that NOT like a mad troll. And if they develop it, I'll just buy that and try to make it better.

I really don't see how you aren't understanding this.

NO MATTER HOW GOOD SHIT GETS, I WANT TO MAKE IT BETTER Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:35:40 PM

I'm glad for you. I wish you luck. You'll forgive me, I hope, if I don't expect much in the way of results from a broke stoner.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

I'm glad for you. I wish you luck. You'll forgive me, I hope, if I don't expect much in the way of results from a broke stoner.

If you can't expect things from a broke stoner, then you must not believe in Apple/Mac, or America itself (founded by rich stoners that made everything out of hemp)...

Or the beginning of civilization, which was the cult of Pashupati, which can be traced to the cult of Shiva, or MARIJUANA lol

And of course the old man on the mountain and his crazy ninja stoners...  The ORIGINAL Assassins, Hashashins Smiley

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:51:01 PM

If you can't expect things from a broke stoner, then you must not believe in Apple/Mac, or America itself (founded by rich stoners that made everything out of hemp)...

Or the beginning of civilization, which was the cult of Pashupati, which can be traced to the cult of Shiva, or MARIJUANA lol

And of course the old man on the mountain and his crazy ninja stoners...  The ORIGINAL Assassins, Hashashins Smiley
They got results. All I've seen from you so far is unrealistic dreams. Now, go, and exceed my expectations. I wish you luck.
(you'll need it)

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:56:29 PM

All I've seen from you so far is unrealistic dreams.

Unrealistic? Other people are LITERALLY developing the technology that you are calling 'unrealistic dreams' lol...

All I've seen from you is mouth diarrhea  Shocked

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 09:01:55 PM

All I've seen from you so far is unrealistic dreams.

Unrealistic? Other people are LITERALLY developing the technology that you are calling 'unrealistic dreams' lol...
Oops, sorry. Unrealistic dreams and one half-baked idea that other people are already decades ahead of you on.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 09:04:33 PM

Oops, sorry. Unrealistic dreams and one half-baked idea that other people are already decades ahead of you on.

Development is not a competition. I bet there were people when Stephen Hawking was growing up that were like "Stupid wheelchair slut, Einstein already figured that stuff out!"

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

Development is not a competition. I bet there were people when Stephen Hawking was growing up that were like "Stupid wheelchair slut, Einstein already figured that stuff out!"
I somehow doubt it. Especially considering the fact that he wasn't diagnosed with ALS until he was 21.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 09:13:11 PM

I somehow doubt it. Especially considering the fact that he wasn't diagnosed with ALS until he was 21.

Was he not into physics before that?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 09:34:39 PM

He already had a bachelor's degree, first-class honors, and was working on his doctorate.

You know you could look this info up on Wikipedia, right?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:09:09 PM

He already had a bachelor's degree, first-class honors, and was working on his doctorate.

So you know you just proved my point? lol

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:12:53 PM

So you know you just proved my point? lol
Sure. You can have this "win."  Wink I'm not interested in chasing down your stoner logic to figure out what point I've just "proven."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: