Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the Machines do the Work (The end of Slavery)  (Read 18319 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:40:10 PM

Stone cold sober, chief. And the word "should" appears 41 times, making it the 14th most common word in that text. For reference, McKinney only appears 31 times, and people 34. (Bitcoin appears twice, and mining only 6 times.)

Of those instances of "should," by the way, 16 of them are "should be" (the second most common phrase in that text), 7 are "there should," and 4 are "should have."

The word "should" is because as you should remember, these are PLANS.
None of this stuff is in place, it is plans to expand what the town of McKinney already has in place.

Please learn what context is before talking to me Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:46:39 PM

Let me see if I understand what the argument is here.

1. We all get ASIC mining machines
2. We create lots of cryptocurrency coins
3. We're all rich from our cryptocurrency coins
4. We use all of our money to buy robots
5. Robots do all the work

Is that correct?

No.

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 No, you are missing many points
4 No, you are missing many points
5 Almost, but not ALL the work

3 - what are the many points I am missing?
4 - what are the many points I am missing?
5 - I understand

2. (I know I didn't mention that you missed this one, but you did) We don't just make a bunch of coins, we also make uses for coins.
Ex: Make a coin for your town, make a coin for your Xbox Live clan, make a coin for your family and use it to teach your kids about finance.

3. We don't get rich from the coins, so not only did you miss points, you were just blatantly wrong in your guess. It just creates a system like the USD and Peso, but for smaller groups instead of countries, making it so that the group can exchange debt between one another. It has nothing to do with getting rich, just getting everyone on the same level. Or at least get everyone off the bottom level, so we can just hire immigrants and stop worrying about the border (I also have drug policies that could be beneficial to America).

I can continue if you would like, that is not all you missed.

4. We don't buy robots, companies & individual inventors specialize robots to fir their needs and humans continue to do do jobs robots can't do, like: Invent, be artistic, philosophize, repair robots, govern, act, organize groups, etc.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:07:52 PM

Stone cold sober, chief. And the word "should" appears 41 times, making it the 14th most common word in that text. For reference, McKinney only appears 31 times, and people 34. (Bitcoin appears twice, and mining only 6 times.)

Of those instances of "should," by the way, 16 of them are "should be" (the second most common phrase in that text), 7 are "there should," and 4 are "should have."

None of this stuff is in place, it is plans to expand what the town of McKinney already has in place.
Yes, that's my point. It's all "other people should", not "I plan to." And don't you think that the plans should be a little more centered on bitcoin mining, instead of murals, festivals, and trees, given that your plan to get to utopia centers around bitcoin mining?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:21:58 PM

Yes, that's my point. It's all "other people should", not "I plan to."

WRONG. As I said before, that is YOUR fault for reading with that tone. That is not what was written.
These are the policies for a 2017 campaign.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:23:56 PM

An it DOES NOT center around bitcoin mining. Even the original philosophy of "let the machines do the work" is not primarily about bitcoin. Bitcoin is just the part that starts the profiting from robots (since they are robots that make money), it is in no way the "center" it is simply a "piece".

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

Then don't you think you should lead off with that? Or even just include it?

Because if you don't say that, preferably at the start, the reader is inevitably going to take it exactly the way I did. Especially when you lead off with a lot of bitching, pissing, and moaning about how old and christian the community is.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:31:25 PM

Nope, this thread isn't about the Collin County campaign, it's about the philosophy "Let the machines do the work".

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:32:42 PM

Especially when you lead off with a lot of bitching, pissing, and moaning about how old and christian the community is.

I didn't piss an moan, I mentioned once that they WERE. Otherwise you wouldn't have even known about that section of the population.

You are just willfully dense, even as someone blatantly educates you :lol:

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:33:12 PM

Nope, this thread isn't about the Collin County campaign, it's about the philosophy "Let the machines do the work".
Then why did you clutter it up with all the rest of the stuff?

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

To show how the philosophy fits into a real world society.

Why do you take everything in giant circles? Can't you just read with intent to understand?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:42:20 PM

Well, you didn't need to include all the rest of that, just the parts that actually show how it would fit into a real society. Like the library running mining machines to pay for it's operations costs. The rest of the stuff, with murals and festivals and whatnot are wasted time.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:52:17 PM

Well, you didn't need to include all the rest of that, just the parts that actually show how it would fit into a real society. Like the library running mining machines to pay for it's operations costs. The rest of the stuff, with murals and festivals and whatnot are wasted time.

This isn't just about mining, you need to get that through your head. Mining is just a PEICE. It is THE piece that allows ANYONE to own a machine that earns them money. But it is not the only part. It is just A part.

There are plenty of ways for someone to have a niche in this proposed society without having or wanting a bitcoin mining machine.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:54:29 PM

Even bitcoin itself isn't just about mining. Bitcoin still includes real world shop owners, website owners, consumers, vendors and more.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

This isn't just about mining, you need to get that through your head. Mining is just a PEICE. It is THE piece that allows ANYONE to own a machine that earns them money. But it is not the only part. It is just A part.

There are plenty of ways for someone to have a niche in this proposed society without having or wanting a bitcoin mining machine.
That still doesn't explain how more festivals and a mural celebrating every successful shit the mayor takes fit into "Letting the machines do the work."

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:57:44 PM

That still doesn't explain how more festivals and a mural celebrating every successful shit the mayor takes fit into "Letting the machines do the work."

By bringing people together, making a demand for stalls and artists, making a demand for small business, making a demand for more citizens/coins, making a demand for more jobs/machines, making the demand for more inventors and developers, making the future possible.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:01:47 PM

By bringing people together, making a demand for stalls and artists, making a demand for small business, making a demand for more citizens/coins, making a demand for more jobs/machines, making the demand for more inventors and developers, making the future possible.
That would be true in any economy, not just a Bitcoin one. What's special about your plan?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:03:33 PM

We have festivals here all the time; they don't do any of those things.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:06:21 PM

That would be true in any economy, not just a Bitcoin one. What's special about your plan?

you missed my whole point. I mentioned that stuff to show how bitocin mining is NOT the only thing that needs to be mentioned. Because you asked why I added all the other stuff.

And the difference about MY plan, is the government becomes a profitable entity that provides REAL service to its community, while working towards a fully paid-employed society. Which is the FIRST step in the application of working towards a fully unemployed society. First, everyone needs to be accepted into a part of the society. Then you work towards making everyone smarter, and making machines to do labor.

Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:06:50 PM

Actually, the machines don't have to do ALL the work, only the work that nobody wants to do.

cjgames.com
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:07:26 PM

We have festivals here all the time; they don't do any of those things.

Festivals DO do those things. They promote the small businesses and booster clubs in your community, while earning the city money through the sale of stall space. And giving exposure to local bands and artists.

You just don't SEE it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: