Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: z170A Gaming Pro Carbon 6 gpus (radeon rx 570)  (Read 876 times)
tgejesse (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:21:04 PM

Hey Bitcointalk, I've been having some issues with my gaming pro carbon and running 6 gpus. I've been talking to our fellow user creepas, and we've come to the conclusion that the max number of sapphire rx 570's that can be run on windows 10 UEFI is 5 cards. Unfortunately, I had purchased six cards (considering the board has 7 PCI slots). I was wondering if anyone else has tried running this combination of mobo and gpus and what success they have had (or lack there of). It would be greatly appreciated if you have this rig up and running, to share your secret.

The newest Ethereum miner,
Jesse
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fuzion1

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:25:41 PM

This is discouraging.  I have one of these motherboards running 7 RX470's, and I thought I would be able to do the same with the RX570.   Angry
tgejesse (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:38:31 PM

Sorry to discourage. It seems to be a big problem with this mobo. No one has found a windows work-around yet for this combination (that I know of... which is why I'm here).
costi.kocev

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:40:15 PM

I dont think is a mobo problem. I have read that is the driver problem and we wait AMD to release a fix.
tgejesse (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:45:17 PM

I dont think is a mobo problem. I have read that is the driver problem and we wait AMD to release a fix.
This is what I'm thinking is the problem too. Do you know how long it takes amd to usually fix said issues?
costi.kocev

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:47:36 PM

Everything is in the hands of AMD. Here in the forum has petition about this problem - report direct to them.
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:34:07 PM

Here's an example of a bug report I submitted which you should submit as well:

This problem applies to catalyst drivers starting from the RX580 Press Release drivers and is still current as of 17.4.4. The new drivers which support the RX 580 now cause a BSOD with message "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY" when attempting to use greater than 5 GPUs. This was not the case prior to the RX 580 Press Release drivers. The testbed is a Z270-A Pro motherboard with a Celeron processor, 8GB RAM, 1800W PSU, using Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 Limited Edition graphics cards. This configuration works for RX 480 graphics cards using sub-17.3.x drivers with 6 GPUs under Windows 10. Further, the same system supports 7 GPUs under Ubuntu using amdgpu-pro drivers. Isolating the problem consisted of having 5 working GPUs and attempting to add the 6th. On boot, BSOD noexecute error. Unplugging ANY of the existing cards alleviates this BSOD on boot. Further, once 5 GPUs are active, you can disable one of the GPUs and install the 6th GPU without error as seen in the attached screenshot. The moment you select to re-enable the disabled card, again BSOD noexecute error, seemingly confirming its a driver issue. The choice of disabled card is arbitrary, it works with any one of the cards disabled. The hardware works as confirmed by booting into Ubuntu and all GPUs are operational.
BeyondDeception

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:32:11 PM

Doesn't work - I've been working on it for a week and half. The best I can do is 5 and even then, it's not completely stable. GPU 1 (if you start with GPU 0) on all 3 machines get a error code 43 from time to time. It's easy enough to fix, but it's causing stability issues. I can only get the machines to run for 3-4 hours at a time before GPU 1 hangs in open cl. At first, I thought it might have something to do with the video card, but whatever it is - it's exactly the same issue across all 3 machines (MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon - MSI RX 580 - Windows 10 - AMD driver 17.4.4). I've tried several different setups, bios changes, changing intensity levels, using -old 1, etc. I can't seem to fix it.

My best guess is - AMD driver. I came across a post from AMD that says their drivers only support 4 cards and no more. Whatever they did, you cannot get 6+ cards under Windows and 5 seems to be unstable. 4 works fine.

Until AMD comes out with a new driver or someone figures out how to modify the driver, we are screwed and have to look to other options such as unbuntu. I've heard rumors that some have gotten 6 cards working with unbuntu.

Good luck! If you find anything let us know Smiley
fuzion1

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:01:15 PM

Tgejesse,

Can you try the instructions in this thread and see if it gets it to work??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1900035.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: