Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU's to mine ZCASH with?  (Read 54462 times)
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:49:41 PM

Profit is how it is....still one of the best options for nVidia cards....
Got my first Ti yesterday..710sol out of the box.

Guys help....What is the best ZEC miner/pool at the moment?

Im using EWBF with flypool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hanskan

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:57:51 PM

flypool is one of the best if not the best. If the electricity prices are on the higher side where you live, i suggest you tweak your gpu settings. You can get 680sols while only using 170 watts. 4sols/watt is pretty awesome
tomlev5

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:21:06 PM

flypool is one of the best if not the best. If the electricity prices are on the higher side where you live, i suggest you tweak your gpu settings. You can get 680sols while only using 170 watts. 4sols/watt is pretty awesome

Yeah I need too undervolt it for sure. My electricity cost is around 0,14 USD per kWh.

Im using nanopool now...do you recommend to switch for flypool?
I am also using nanopool. It is a very stable pool.
I think it is best to avoid flypool (It has almost 50 percent mining power, and that is making the whole ZEC network unsecure)
Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:04:38 AM

Yeah I need too undervolt it for sure. My electricity cost is around 0,14 USD per kWh.

the highest hasrate one one pool i believe it is a flypool
so my guees it would be wiser to go there - cause huger hash rates - easier to find new block and get reward

just my 2 cents

by the way, nevere had any problem with it from middle of June when I came to the mining world  Grin
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:49:03 PM

so my guees it would be wiser to go there - cause huger hash rates - easier to find new block and get reward

just my 2 cents

by the way, nevere had any problem with it from middle of June when I came to the mining world  Grin
As others have said its not good for one pool to have such a large hashrate. . however I get better returns on flypool as opposed to when I mined on nanopool or slushpool

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:32:15 PM

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126188&cm_re=1080_ti-_-14-126-188-_-Product

asus blower back in stock here and neweggbusiness

+

pretty nice price drop on the 1070 mini

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500408&cm_re=1070_mini-_-14-500-408-_-Product

Haruderty

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:42:25 AM

just my 2 cents

As others have said its not good for one pool to have such a large hashrate. . however I get better returns on flypool as opposed to when I mined on nanopool or slushpool

I tried on slushpool, the return is not as good.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 01:21:52 PM

just my 2 cents

I tried on slushpool, the return is not as good.
my buddy states coinotron has better results for him than flypool but I haven't gotten around to testing it  yet so maybe others could chime in .. .

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:05:09 PM

Irritating timing, I had just bought one of those about a week before that - JUST out of their price-match timeframe.

On the other hand, Bitcoin dropped over 10% in that same timeframe, so it worked out OK.

flypool seems to have been suffering from a DDOS attack today, not sure if it's over yet or not - but those seem to happen semi-randomly to ALL the pools at times.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 04:22:55 PM

Irritating timing, I had just bought one of those about a week before that - JUST out of their price-match timeframe.

On the other hand, Bitcoin dropped over 10% in that same timeframe, so it worked out OK.

flypool seems to have been suffering from a DDOS attack today, not sure if it's over yet or not - but those seem to happen semi-randomly to ALL the pools at times.

which flypool server are you connected to? I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday O_O

That is irritating, surprised at these recent 1060 and 1070 prices and yet TI's are still stupid high

Shoxc

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:27:53 PM

I am mining with NVIDIA Geforce 1060 3GB and getting around 300 sold out of the box for each...
But when I read about the values of other users cards I feel like I have to cry Cheesy
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:32:10 PM

How much maximum hash rate is everyone getting? I am very new to GPU mining and just trying to do my profit calculations before investing into hardware. Thank you guys.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:15:53 PM

which flypool server are you connected to? I didn't notice anything unusual yesterday O_O

That is irritating, surprised at these recent 1060 and 1070 prices and yet TI's are still stupid high

I was confused, forgot I'd been working on the system that was on flypool. Ignore the doom and gloom.

9-0

If I push towards max hash (my norm) I'm seeing 760sol/s right now out of my Aorus 1080 ti - +5% power, +50 cpu, +200 memory - and I'm CERTAIN that's not the most it's capable of, I've been having "crashing driver" issues with the newest Nvidia 3xx.41 junk and am in the process of rolling back to something more reliable.
 At my power cost, there's no point in "efficient" on ZEC mining at this time, I NET more by not being efficient and I'm nowhere near power limits on the new place.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:39:10 PM

I am mining with NVIDIA Geforce 1060 3GB and getting around 300 sold out of the box for each...
But when I read about the values of other users cards I feel like I have to cry Cheesy
what is the memory in your 1060?

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

I was confused, forgot I'd been working on the system that was on flypool. Ignore the doom and gloom.

9-0

If I push towards max hash (my norm) I'm seeing 760sol/s right now out of my Aorus 1080 ti - +5% power, +50 cpu, +200 memory - and I'm CERTAIN that's not the most it's capable of, I've been having "crashing driver" issues with the newest Nvidia 3xx.41 junk and am in the process of rolling back to something more reliable.
 At my power cost, there's no point in "efficient" on ZEC mining at this time, I NET more by not being efficient and I'm nowhere near power limits on the new place.

whats your power cost? I'm jealous I pay 10.5 cents kwh that's awesome though keep me posted, I will be messing around with those cards sometime next week, or preferably i'd like to just sell them as all my other cards are X size and theyre 1.5x X size lol

Miningstore

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

Miningstore.com - Mining Rigs and Rig Hosting

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

I personally like an 8 GPU build with RX 5series cards and that hashes at about 2200h/s no OC.
With OC settings and BIOS mods for AMD cards as effective as they are on the 4 and 5 series cards I could see that hashrate going up by at least 35-40%

Host your Antminer S9 starting at $82 a unit at www.miningstore.com
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:13:45 PM

whats your power cost? I'm jealous I pay 10.5 cents kwh that's awesome though keep me posted, I will be messing around with those cards sometime next week, or preferably i'd like to just sell them as all my other cards are X size and theyre 1.5x X size lol

Well under 5 cents / kwh all-up.

There's a REASON I spent most of a month last summer moving from Iowa to "The Land Of Very Very Cheap Electric" in Central Washington.

And yes, the Aorus are bloody huge 3-slot cards - been a while since folks MADE cards that huge (I have a HIS IceQ blower model HD 7870 that is ALSO 3-slot, but only the BLOWER area is that wide).

They're no worse than some of the other cards out there - at least one Zotac model and at least one MSI model are JUST as huge.

They have awesome cooling though for air-cooled.

joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:16:57 AM

I personally like an 8 GPU build with RX 5series cards and that hashes at about 2200h/s no OC.
With OC settings and BIOS mods for AMD cards as effective as they are on the 4 and 5 series cards I could see that hashrate going up by at least 35-40%

I think zcash is nvidia friendly, it is better to use nvidia card instead of AMD.

Lookingfordarkskys

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:47:51 AM

This is a new rig with 7 cards soon to be 9.
Running SMOS on a USB.
I have the cards set so the highest one is around 60 to 65c.
100/500 fans at 80%
These are MSI cards
They seem quiet. 50db at 3 feet
They feel warm. Around 115 degrees to the touch.
They run in my unheated 2 car garage and if I don't open the door daily
the temps push 90 degrees.
I've ordered an exhaust fan that I'll be installing soon so I can hopefully
push the power level a bit. Although 4Sol/w seems like a good tradeoff.

https://imgur.com/a/N798r
moodonis

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:25:26 AM

Well under 5 cents / kwh all-up.

oh jesus. so jelly :/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: