Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:54:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE DELETE  (Read 1082 times)
jimmyk (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:54:00 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 05:05:50 AM by jimmyk

PLEASE DELETE
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:56:26 AM

this is going to be a game changer for the bitcoin community

take usd to the corner store, swap it for canada money, fund mtgox with canada money instantly

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:57:17 AM

too bad you can double spend if the chip is compromised.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 01:00:25 AM

HAHAHA This was done last year, don't you remember?  Grin Grin Grin

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:02:14 AM

Jon Matonis pointed out some drawbacks to the mintchip in Forbes back on April 12th: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/04/12/mintchip-misses-the-point-of-digital-currency/
grue
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:02:18 AM

Someone needs to start an alt-coin called the mintchip RIGHT NOW.  We need to swamp google search with an alt-coin named MintChip!  What a spoiler and power grab for the alt-coin community.
THIS IS NOT AN ALT-COIN. I REPEAT: NOT AN ALT-COIN

The value is stored on the device itself, and the price is pegged to the canadian dollar. This is closer to a credit card than an alt-coin.

solareclipse64236

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:04:55 AM

its been discontinued already

grue
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:05:56 AM

lol, I wonder why it failed? I'm guessing security exploits.

UKMark

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:08:43 AM

Now there is Irony  Undecided

Of course the banks won't want anything they can't centralize to succeed, but what they are forgetting is the sheer security needed to have money in a digital format, BTC has taken 4 years to get just over 11,000,000 extremely secure digital mintage, what are these Banks gonna use in 4 seconds/minutes/weeks/months even years with next to no hashing power?? - MD5 LOL? Either way it will be something that without a shadow of a doubt will be hacked/copied and generally targeted for total fraud and with total ease... LMAO we will see who shall win!

I'm stocking up on popcorn for this one!  Cool

UKMark

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:14:23 AM

lol, I wonder why it failed? I'm guessing security exploits.

Yea, the backdoor password was "Hockey" - some drunk teenage hacker cracked it.

Lol that was quick Cheesy

UKMark

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:36:02 PM

Actually the second link - in the second post is great.  If you read the comments after the article in the link it gets really indepth about economics and law.  Pretty interesting.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/04/27/bitcoin-canada-banks/

Agreed I have just read most of the comments also, its very good!

Is there anything that Bitcoin can do to force the Banks to change their mind though? Or will this just be a closed shop with regards to Canada?

TBH I reckon it would/will just go to OTC dealers if the Banks are not interested in supporting it.
IE: Make something illegal and you automatically create another market.

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:51:19 PM

Of course the banks won't want anything they can't centralize to succeed, but what they are forgetting is the sheer security needed to have money in a digital format, BTC has taken 4 years to get just over 11,000,000 extremely secure digital mintage, what are these Banks gonna use in 4 seconds/minutes/weeks/months even years with next to no hashing power?? - MD5 LOL?

:facepalm:

UKMark

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:26:53 PM

Of course the banks won't want anything they can't centralize to succeed, but what they are forgetting is the sheer security needed to have money in a digital format, BTC has taken 4 years to get just over 11,000,000 extremely secure digital mintage, what are these Banks gonna use in 4 seconds/minutes/weeks/months even years with next to no hashing power?? - MD5 LOL?

:facepalm:

Huh you lost me? Care to explain your facepalm?

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:47:17 PM

The money in mintchip has a centralized distribution architecture, even if it can be used in a decentralized way. It does not require hashing power to be secure, it requires whatever signature algorithm the chips use to remain secure from people trying to hack the chip.

UKMark

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:21:44 PM

The money in mintchip has a centralized distribution architecture, even if it can be used in a decentralized way. It does not require hashing power to be secure, it requires whatever signature algorithm the chips use to remain secure from people trying to hack the chip.

K I understand your Facepalm now Cheesy, tbh I just posted that thinking it was another hashed currency, and ignored the WARNING there have been other posts while you were supping your coffee, lighting your fag and scratching your arse in between key presses.... blah, blah, message on submit. Tongue

So it would be similar to a Mifare type of chip I take it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: