Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: $0.85 transaction fee is absolutely ridiculous!  (Read 24224 times)
Crewn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:24:49 AM

The future tx fee's will be a more ridiculous number. That I can assure ypu  Cheesy
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 01:31:21 AM

The future tx fee's will be a more ridiculous number. That I can assure ypu  Cheesy
More and more people are adopting bitcoin or starting to learn about bitcoin and that's what's going to make more transactions in the network. If there is a way to make it faster to transact, I think it's time to apply that. It wouldn't be reasonable to transact low amounts now because of the currently recommended fee.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ms-yuliya75

Activity: 1148
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:36:21 AM

Sent transaction with size 1068 bytes, to send it quickly pay around 250 sats/byte and fee for me around 6 USD. Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous!
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:47:38 AM

Segwit+2mb or just 4mb please.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:39:50 PM

More and more people are adopting bitcoin or starting to learn about bitcoin and that's what's going to make more transactions in the network. If there is a way to make it faster to transact, I think it's time to apply that. It wouldn't be reasonable to transact low amounts now because of the currently recommended fee.
Well that is not right i think, because if you transfer lower amount of bitcoin multiple times, i think either you will pay same final amount, or even a bit more than if you have transfer it once. It would be best if fee was scaled on how much person is transfering. That would keep low transfers fee lower, and everything would go faster i guess.
linkme

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:04:56 PM

I don't think so, as Bitcoin price has been increasing or at least, it's at its highest price ever, the Bitcoin fee is still around 40k satoshis to 200k satoshis, so if you make a comparation, the past fee when Bitcoin price was still low, you will see that there's still no different.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:12:32 PM

Good news all, transactions just got 30% cheaper today!

All your wishes came true. Wink
Dite1989

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

E᙭OTIᑕ ♥ ᑕOIᑎS

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

It has grown much compared to what it has been in the past. But look what you get for this fee: 24/7 up-time, intercontinental transactions, no 3rd party dependency, anonymous transactions... Do you really think that all these things don't worth $0.85?

nod

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

I don't think so, as Bitcoin price has been increasing or at least, it's at its highest price ever, the Bitcoin fee is still around 40k satoshis to 200k satoshis, so if you make a comparation, the past fee when Bitcoin price was still low, you will see that there's still no different.
I agree with you, as Bitcoin price is getting higher and higher, we should pay a higher fee for the miners so that they can also earn their living. The Bitcoin has been more difficult for the miners to mine so that we should pay a higher fee to them as a way to thank them for keeping the blockchain stable.
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

Damn...

I just sent a tx with 3 mbtc of fees...
That's 7$ of fee just for a transaction...

Ok I KNOW that btc is supposed to be used for great amounts of money and on international transfers.
But still... You can no longer say that sending money with btc is cheap ><

I just hope there is something that's going to be done. And to be done soon.
Because with those fees? Market will be unusable :/
TrissMerigold

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 02:28:03 PM

yeah , fees was pain in the ass right now , probably because a millions transastion is unconfirmed till now , but if you send transaction with low fees it will take an age to confirm lol , there's no other way beside you try to accelerate your transaction with viabtc but since it only accepted 100 transaction a day ..so enjoy high fee haha ... also high fee is for better security and transaction , take it or leave it :p

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:32:48 PM

And here's how high fees have a huge impact on the micro-economy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1936216.0

Microwallet/microcache went rogue because it can't pay transaction fees.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:53:59 PM

It seems that the transaction fee has been increased once again as what I have seen while ago, I only realized recently that it appears to be getting more increased whenever the bitcoin's price gets higher as well . Some people might not be minding the increased transaction fee but this could be a burden especially for the people who are not actually making a transaction with a huge amount .
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:06:26 PM

Yes you are right 0.85$ transaction fee is absolutely radiculous.But on the other hand you can just imagine now bitcoin price is raised every single day so transaction fee is high.
iruu

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:17:20 PM

if you don't do Address reuse
How is address reuse related to fees/tx size?

Welcome to reality and stop shilling some centralized shitcoins.
Apples and oranges for eth, average fee includes big smart contracts. Simple transfers work fine with <1 cent fees.

tiggycomb

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

▬▬ CARE 4 ME ▬▬ ▧

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 08:27:28 AM

0.85 is high and that's my opinion too, I think people need a more definitive solution in the form of increasing the size of the block, HOWEVER as far as I understand that might result in a fork or the like, if that's the case I would prefer the current system rather than a broken new one.

■  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CARE 4 ME ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ■
▧  Peer-2-Peer Healthcare Management App  ▧  CareCoin Pre-ICO ▬ Starts July 17th, 2017  ▧
■▬▬▬ TWITTER ▬▬▬ FACEBOOK ▬▬▬ SLACK ▬▬▬ BITCOINTALK ▬▬▬■
FanatMonet

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

0.85 is high and that's my opinion too, I think people need a more definitive solution in the form of increasing the size of the block, HOWEVER as far as I understand that might result in a fork or the like, if that's the case I would prefer the current system rather than a broken new one.
There are suggestions to increase the size to 2MB, or even 4MB. I read that at first blocks were 256KB, then increased to 512KB and only then it became 1MB. So if everything is done well, then there will be no plug.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
spatifilium

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

I slowly began to leave BTC for high fees, and I'm looking for a different altcoin alternative
HITTI2

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:03:32 PM

I slowly began to leave BTC for high fees, and I'm looking for a different altcoin alternative

I heard ethereum/litecoin.

I'm leaving nicehash soon, as fee's are ridiculous.

Fucking rape

"0.5% or 0.005 BTC (whichever is bigger) fee will be applied. Confirmed balance must be minimal withdraw amount 0.001 plus fee"

Little ppl are pushed out.

Win7x64 Pro, Acer XB240H, Corsair Obsidian 750D Black,DEMCifilter Corsair Obsidian 750D Dust Filter Kit,Delidded i7-3770K OC'd@4.5GHz, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5, ASUS Xonar D1, Vantec UGT-ST644R, ASRock Z75 Pro3, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU, EK-KIT L240, 2 x NF-A14-FLX Fans, 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID 0 32KB strip, WD Re WD1003FBYZ 1TB,2TB HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641),2 x HGST A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, Vertex II 60GB,Samsung SH-S223L.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:48:29 PM

Fee for today is very expensive, and many people transfer money in forks, which are both faster and cheaper

That's the only solution, The accelerator has limited seats every hour, and it already filled so quickly. With some doge coins and those already delivered the transaction so fast.
Keeping mind if this cases will push the bitcoin. I mean bitcoin is dying. The agreement will have happened in a half of year later.
At that range, the forks will always be valuable to be your own solution for the bitcoin network.

Bitcoin is not dying. If the accelerator can fasten up the transaction, the miners and along with dev can use the accelerator technology directly into bitcoin blockchain to make the whole chain move in a faster way. I know its sounds ridiculous but believe me we are soon coming up with the slow transaction and higher fee issue resolved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: