Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:43:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: System keeps crashing after some hours of minning  (Read 441 times)
Sakisspahos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:32:58 AM

Hello, we have 4 rx480 cards and one rx470 cards connected to the mainboard with 5 rissers.The two of them are connected to the x16 slots,and the other 3 to the x1 slots.System boots,BUT it doesn't recognize the 470 card,only the others.Secondly the monitor blinks by time to time to black, and then opens again.Once we start minning the the system after some hours crashes and shuts down.What do we need to do to make it stable?We have installed all drivers, catalyst 17.4.3 from AMD and the drivers for Motherboard. We run the pc on its onboard gpu.Do you think we should run it from the gpu one?what can we do?what is the possible problem for the system to crash?

Mobo:FM2A55+
CPU:A6 5400K
GPU'S:4X (RX480 8GB)      1X (RX470 8GB)
RAM:4GB
SSD:60GB
PROGRAM FOR MINNING:NICEHASH
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

Hello, we have 4 rx480 cards and one rx470 cards connected to the mainboard with 5 rissers.The two of them are connected to the x16 slots,and the other 3 to the x1 slots.System boots,BUT it doesn't recognize the 470 card,only the others.Secondly the monitor blinks by time to time to black, and then opens again.Once we start minning the the system after some hours crashes and shuts down.What do we need to do to make it stable?We have installed all drivers, catalyst 17.4.3 from AMD and the drivers for Motherboard. We run the pc on its onboard gpu.Do you think we should run it from the gpu one?what can we do?what is the possible problem for the system to crash?

You missed to mention the most important part and the mostly causing this problem the power supply , it could be an insufficient power issue.

2016 GPU Miner
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:26:35 PM

You missed to mention the most important part and the mostly causing this problem the power supply , it could be an insufficient power issue.

The main problem maybe the power supply even if it is like over 750 watt for keeping 5 cards if it is not at least silver or gold rated then is definitely a power supply issue. If you are sure that you have no problem from your PSU (it would be nice to tell us which brand is and what level is rated) there are a lot of other points to check. I would add at least another 4GB ram which is cheap to see if the situation improves after doing so.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 09:35:13 PM

^^^^^ This.

Also an overloaded circuit/low line voltage.   The line voltage at the supply should be checked while mining....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:50:53 PM

Not all motherboards will work with more then 4 GPUs. Can anyone confirm that they have used that motherboard with 5+ GPUs? Also, try using the 16.12.2 drivers or 16.9.2 drivers for the AMD 400 series when mining. --- Try disabling the onboard gpu/apu and connect your monitor to the GPU plugged into the main PCI-Express x 16 slot.

I definitely agree with everything already said about your Power Supply; we need to know what brand and model you have.
Sakisspahos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 11:42:16 PM

Thank you so much for replying all!
We have an LEPA 1000W 80+Bronze,
sometimes there is a blue screen even with 2 gpus on.
I have onboard motherboard disabled.
I will no try the different drivers you mentioned.
My guess is the risers...What more info could i sent you that will help you figure out if i do something wrong?Screenshoots/photos? would that help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: