Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent ETH to Yobit ETC wallet by mistake  (Read 2320 times)
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:31:21 PM

You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

Wow, glad you have recovered your eth I mean refunded. This is a good publicity for Yobit, for several transaction that I encounter that they are very slow in processing claims. This is great for Yobit,  hope they improve their service.
Valt

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:02:31 AM

Still nothing. Yobit support is non existent.

228LV

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:35:22 AM

Same for me! Its two month zero response!  Angry
xander1982

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:02:36 PM

I did the same mistake on yobit. ,I tried to send my ETH from poloneix to my yobit ETC adress by mistake.  I asked both yobit admin with the nickname dominikherzog and support desk.
he replied as "Yobit generates a separate Ethereum and Ethereum Classic deposit addresses because of security requirements." without creating a solution. But on etherscan website I check my ETC wallet. On my ETC wallet there are 19 ETH is shown. So the transaction is verified. I can refund ETHs with ETC private key of yobit.
but they refuse to give it. And could not understand why?. I am following my ETHs on  etherscan. If I detect a transfer out of my control , I dont know what to do ? I hope they wont steal my ETHS.

dominikherzog previously help CryptoManiacHen, he does'nt want to help.
Valt

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:05:33 PM

I did the same mistake on yobit. ,I tried to send my ETH from poloneix to my yobit ETC adress by mistake.  I asked both yobit admin with the nickname dominikherzog and support desk.
he replied as "Yobit generates a separate Ethereum and Ethereum Classic deposit addresses because of security requirements." without creating a solution. But on etherscan website I check my ETC wallet. On my ETC wallet there are 19 ETH is shown. So the transaction is verified. I can refund ETHs with ETC private key of yobit.
but they refuse to give it. And could not understand why?. I am following my ETHs on  etherscan. If I detect a transfer out of my control , I dont know what to do ? I hope they wont steal my ETHS.

dominikherzog previously help CryptoManiacHen, he does'nt want to help.

At least you got a response but sad they are doing nothing to help you send back your ETH.

I've still had zero response from support and they have now issued new ETH wallet addresses so my TenX PAY tokens aren't even associated with my account anymore.

darkknight28

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

i made the exact same mistake with bittrex a couple days ago, I have contacted their support and is waiting for a reply. Do u know of any instance where bittrex actually refunded the ethereum, I'm pretty depressed it was about half of my savings. ANY GUIDANCE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:17:35 AM

This happen to me today. I accidentally sent ethereum to my cct address. the support does not responding to my ticket.
hope i get what i lost.
Nry211

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:50:35 AM

Did anyone get their money back from Yobit after sending ETH to ETC?Huh?

Seems like a scam to me as I made sure I was selecting ETH and not ETC but did not check the address of ETC. After transferring ETH from coinbase to ETH Yobit I waited for few hours and when I was comparing the address I found out it was ETC. But, I swear I selected ETH on yobit.

What are the ways to get my money back? Its around $340

any help would be appreciated.
alpakka88

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:09:04 AM

^^^ Thats really interesing to read as I've had the EXACT same thing happen!
toomzw

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:57:28 PM

I just did the same mistake Grin

Valt can u update ?
alpakka88

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:03:24 AM

You cannot recover tokens, but ETH/ETC is easily recoverable , YOBIT has the private key to do this quickly and as you can see the OP had the problem resolved, on the 17th of MAY 2017 , since then theres about 1000% more users and I feel the likely hood of my 0.95 being sent to me ETH account pretty slim, but quote this link like i have in your support ticket to show support.
achlyss

Activity: 607
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:20:04 AM

Hi Forum,

A mistake led me to sending ETH to Yobit's ETC wallet address.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Here are a few things that struck me as odd about Yobit.

1. I searched ETH in the wallet search bar, but ETC still showed up.  I realize ETC's full name is Ethereum Classic, but most exchanges will only show Ethereum when you search for ETH

2.  You need one BTC satoshi in your account to participate in the chat box.

3. I reached out to support and it took nearly a week to get a response.  I hadn't realized until after their response that I sent ETH to an ETC wallet.  Instead of offering suggestions to resolve the issue, they sent a response saying I had sent ETH to an ETC wallet and that's why my funds are not showing.  They closed the ticket.

I reached out to Exodus support which is where I sent my ETH from and they said that the exchange has full control of those ETH funds and that it would be possible for them to recover and refund them for me.

I have sent a follow-up to Yobit support.  I don't plan to use their exchange anymore after this experience.  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how to deal with them in trying to get back my ETH?  I sent 7 ETH so it's about $700 worth of ETH as I write this.

Oh, and I know I screwed up. I accept responsibility for that. I'm just kinda fascinated actually that they operate the way they do.

Thanks!

Hen

you should report to admin of youbit firstly, then wait for few of days until admin reply your ticket submit, I think wait for 1-3 days

miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

Wow, glad you have recovered your eth I mean refunded. This is a good publicity for Yobit, for several transaction that I encounter that they are very slow in processing claims. This is great for Yobit,  hope they improve their service.

Yes, at least he recovered because there are many people who are complaining about the Yobit. It is good to contact the support before posting any negativity because it will damage the reputation of the Yobit.
alpakka88

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:27:13 AM

Sounds like you have interest in "the Yobit"
https://imgur.com/a/c2PwX IS what happens to your text if you type "Will Yobit help if I sent ETC to ETH address"
Krakenproto

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:52:35 PM

Yes, at least he recovered because there are many people who are complaining about the Yobit. It is good to contact the support before posting any negativity because it will damage the reputation of the Yobit.

I never heard of insurance fund on exchanges. It would be nice to have them. Even for a fee.
Or at least some warning message to prevent cases like this one.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:09:08 AM

Many has been complaining here that yobit don't answer complain and there support teams hardly answer people. I think you have do very serious mistake and you should pray for you ethereum to get refund or sell at yobit after they might have current the issues. I have been care when sending coins because of what happened to my friends last time.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:12:19 AM

Many has been complaining here that yobit don't answer complain and there support teams hardly answer people. I think you have do very serious mistake and you should pray for you ethereum to get refund or sell at yobit after they might have current the issues. I have been care when sending coins because of what happened to my friends last time.
No,they will hardly refund your ethereum because many exchanges don't refund if you send it to the wrong address and now the exchanges are also stated to mention that make sure that sending address in the same as your coin if it was wrong then it was result into the permanent loss.
But I think the OP need to lock this thread because the topic created almost a year ago so he may or may not received so no more discussion available to talk about this problem.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:07:07 PM

Your lucky they gave back your ETH , I read some of the thread that yobit had a bad support , i hope you learn your lesson always check before depositing.
Sanders1

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:26:24 PM

Hi  'CryptoManiacHen'

I see your update in the blog
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1902605.msg20750521

you said in the forum "  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund. "

I have same scenario, I send ETH from coinbase to ETC yobit wallter by mistake, it is nbeen 4 day they are not responding my ticket. I need your advice,

What I need to do? 
How long they took to solve your issue, 

please advise.

Sanders
228LV

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:39:08 AM

Its been 221 days ago I deposited to wrong address, still no answer from support! Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: