Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14288 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:30:02 AM

Apples and oranges. BTC is the only currency of these 2, ETH is a fascinating POC of distributed computer tailored for hosting tokens and operations with them. I believe we will see ETH/BTC go way higher for a while...

This. Not direct competitors, both wildly successful, can coexist very nicely.

Also, the only 2 bona fide Cults in crypto (where tech directly replaces mainstream religion)...
Religious cults can get people to blow up their children... so I'm sure the same dynamics can push BTC and ETH higher.

Also, Metcalfe's Law and the ETH ICO orgy...
Pretty much guarantees that Ethereum cap will blow by Bitcoin cap within months.
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:32:19 AM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards
Ethereum does not threat Bitcoin at all, Ethereum is much more better than Bitcoin but they doesn't depend on each other, they will grow up together  and will be used all over the world.
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:34:32 AM

NO! It is not the same
ratoe

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:40:54 AM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards
Even if you assume is right, it's take time Etherum to become bitcoin contender as leader cryptocurrency. But I am interested about Etherum as bitcoin alternative. I have option what cryptocurrency should I have:
1. Bitcoin
2. Litecoin
3. .. maybe Etherum
easytipz

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:55:09 AM

I have just invest 10% of my budget into ETH... and its price decrease from about $350 to $240 now.
So sad!
(altair)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:35:17 AM

NO! It is not the same

Of course it's not the same. And we can't compare to each other because eth can't surpass bitcoin. Each two have different platform and building it's own name in the market. Yes eth is use as alternative to bitcoin but bitcoin is more widely known, adopted and trusted by many. The name itself is the foundation.
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:35:54 AM

Regards
I think BTC is in this year, investors prefer to swap its coin into BTC even though the price could come down later in the day, whenever the time is in the process of monitoring investors if it is good may be able to switch to ethereal
sonic212

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:33:30 AM

Regards
Ethereum does not threat Bitcoin at all, Ethereum is much more better than Bitcoin but they doesn't depend on each other, they will grow up together  and will be used all over the world.

I think you are speaking the wrong way, maybe I think Btc is better than Eth, because we can see that growth later after Halving in August, how they will move faster than the price of Eth now. It's possible now that there are many Holding Bitcoin people for now, so from now on let's see how Bitcoin will be much better than Eth for the future.
ilham nur77

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:13:06 AM

I think not true because altcoin including Ethereum follow price bitcoin if price bitcoin down then altcoin will price increases and if price bitcoin up then altcoin will price down.

AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:44:21 AM

ETH is a bit of a threat because of the hype surrounding it, but IDK why some people consider it that much of a threat.. theoretically, there is no supply cap
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

I don't see ether as a threat to bitcoin.
Ether is platform for smart contracts and bitcoin is money.
Only thing i am using ether for is to send tokens because i need gas, and that's it.
kynaz

Activity: 1078

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

I am sure that Ethereum is Bitcoin threat because big investors are moving to Ethreum more and can participate in ICO projects easily without spending too much money. I think if Bitcoin does not soon add new features then Ethreum will overtake Bitcoin by 2020

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:05:54 AM

I am sure that Ethereum is Bitcoin threat because big investors are moving to Ethreum more and can participate in ICO projects easily without spending too much money. I think if Bitcoin does not soon add new features then Ethreum will overtake Bitcoin by 2020
I don't get the part of Ethereum investors on participating on ICOs projects easily. Isn't it the same for Bitcoin investors on selling / exchanging their position in exchange on participating on ICOs? Well if you continued in my logic or the logic of trading all cryptocurrency can be traded to one another in order to arrive at what you want to buy. So I don't think that Ethereum has that advantage alone all cryptocurrency including all altcoins can participate on ICOs one way or another.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

Regards

I don't think so, btc is much better than eth. We can follow their history price, graphic volume and how many speculation happen on those coins?. BTC is cooling down now and eth is rising, but that's usual on real market. We can only predict depend on our strategy but market always get their own answer. Eth will never replace bitcoin as number one, btc is still the best coin. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:52:29 PM

NO! It is not the same

Of course it's not the same. And we can't compare to each other because eth can't surpass bitcoin. Each two have different platform and building it's own name in the market. Yes eth is use as alternative to bitcoin but bitcoin is more widely known, adopted and trusted by many. The name itself is the foundation.
Yes it is i agree. Btc is the main on all coins here it is such a speculation for us that we think eth would be better than btc but as a year past as btc start as small but now it is higher value and the top on all aspects. If there can have a big change of all there would be possibility.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:01:06 PM

Of course ETH is a threat to BTC because not only is ETH and its blockchain better than BTC but it also has many altcoin tokens under it. ETH gained a lot of momentum on its way and not even BTC saw a rise this big during its initial years.
Charlie777

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:11:22 PM

Both ETC and BTC have risen significantly in price this year (and have also fluctuated about a fair amount too) - although price can be a good indicator of strength it can be manipulated - and also crypto is so volatile that on any given day you could get a totally different picture (e.g. could be up/down 20% for whatever reason).

I don't think you can say one is "better" than the other becuase at the moment they're used for different things - Ethereum seems to be used for ICOs (so many ICOs!) and smart contracts for business automation, whereas BTC is more about payments etc...

I don't think either is going to go away any time soon, but that's just my two cents  Cheesy

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:25:20 PM

I don't see ether as a threat to bitcoin.
Ether is platform for smart contracts and bitcoin is money.
Only thing i am using ether for is to send tokens because i need gas, and that's it.
For me, I dont think ethereum a threat to bitcoin. As we all know even ethereum use for ICO's a smart contract, still people will go into bitcoin and will find a way to cashout into real money. Thus, bitcoin added a huge impact to anyone who uses this.
BitHub.pl

Activity: 1316
Merit: 265

Najnowsze Wiadomości ze Świata Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 04:29:29 PM

Here is an interview with Dave Chapman from Octagon Strategies and why they chose Ethereum:

http://bithub.pl/english/from-bitcoin-ethereum-were-chatting-with-dave-chapman-from-octagon-strategy/

Bitcoin, Kryptowaluty, Blockchain, Bitcoin informacje, Poradniki, Bitcoin wiadomości, Porady, Informacje, Dash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Monero, PIVX, Golem, Giełdy, Rankingi kryptowalut,
BitHub.pl

Activity: 1316
Merit: 265

Najnowsze Wiadomości ze Świata Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 07:00:49 PM

To my mind ETH wont be a threat to bitcoin biecause it is ment to bo something else than just money  - like bitcoin. It is supposed to be a kind of programming language. It is the same sitaution as if you asked can airplanes be a threat to cars. They are used to completely diffrent things

Bitcoin, Kryptowaluty, Blockchain, Bitcoin informacje, Poradniki, Bitcoin wiadomości, Porady, Informacje, Dash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, Monero, PIVX, Golem, Giełdy, Rankingi kryptowalut,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: