Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:34:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My iotas are no more valid !  (Read 2476 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

I am sorry but I am a little suspicious. What the purpose of that ? Isn-t-it a little risky to enter my seed ?

Right, it's risky, so do the following:

Store that html file locally.
Switch the Internet off.
Double-click the file.
Enter the seed.
Copy-paste the generated address.
Close the page.
Switch the Internet on.
Post the address here.

EDIT: The purpose is to see if you still can receive the iotas or not.
patrickus (OP)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 879

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:16:26 AM

I am sorry but I am a little suspicious. What the purpose of that ? Isn-t-it a little risky to enter my seed ?

Right, it's risky, so do the following:

Store that html file locally.
Switch the Internet off.
Double-click the file.
Enter the seed.
Copy-paste the generated address.
Close the page.
Switch the Internet on.
Post the address here.

EDIT: The purpose is to see if you still can receive the iotas or not.

I obtain:

AUCUSILSKJJJHBKIZZT9ZEBVWXPYBZDBLOWN9QRVIODMWKPAJLWZXPAFT9WCRDNIZUADNMNPZJLUDWS SY
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:50:51 AM

I obtain:

AUCUSILSKJJJHBKIZZT9ZEBVWXPYBZDBLOWN9QRVIODMWKPAJLWZXPAFT9WCRDNIZUADNMNPZJLUDWS SY

223 207 457 424 iotas are on that address, contact David (iotatoken).
Someone, explain him how to do that properly, please.

PS: Looks like
No I did not.
was a lie, that might cost you 18000 USD...
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:55:26 AM

I obtain:

223 207 457 424 iotas are on that address, contact David (iotatoken).
Someone, explain him how to do that properly, please.

PS: Looks like
No I did not.
was a lie, that might cost you 18000 USD...

Might not be a lie. He might just not be 100% sure what the process is.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:59:41 AM

How to contact David ?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

How to contact David ?

Make sure it's https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=574177, someone might try to scam you to get your seed and claim instead of you.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:07:32 PM

How to contact David ?

Make sure it's https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=574177, someone might try to scam you to get your seed and claim instead of you.
ok thansk I am going to send him a message.
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:50:37 PM

Where else can you buy something, come back later to pick it up, and then find out that your purchase has somehow expired?? Bet the money they got from you hasn't expired though!

I bought 3 coupons to a car wash once because they were on a sale. Later I went to get my car washed and turned out the coupons had expired. I complained to the cashier and to her supervisor but they refused to give refund or extend the coupons because they had allegedly told me they expire after 3 months when I bought them. I guess I didn't bother listening or simply forgot. Suck it up, deal with it and move on.

Tangleblog.com

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:07:03 PM

It was clear from the beginning these iota people were scammers. Especially come-from-beyond but likely anyone involved in this scam project.

They know not everyone will claim the new coins for whatever reason, but this is a way for them to increase the value of their holdings.

Fucking scamming swine

Are you willing to make a testimony? I'm preparing something.
I just need your full name and address and your statement + a legit source of your claims.
Send me a pm and I get back with the details.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:15:11 PM

It was clear from the beginning these iota people were scammers. Especially come-from-beyond but likely anyone involved in this scam project.

They know not everyone will claim the new coins for whatever reason, but this is a way for them to increase the value of their holdings.

Fucking scamming swine

Come-from-Beyond just helped this user claim his iotas.
Besides, 93% of all iotas have been claimed until now.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:39:58 PM

Fucking scamming swine

Come-from-Beyond just helped this user claim his iotas.
Besides, 93% of all iotas have been claimed until now.
Yes I confirm that Come-from-Beyond has helped me to understand a little better the problem (especially the difference between claim and reclaim) but I still don't know how to (re)claim manually these iotas. Huh
testnet.worker1

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:13:57 PM

If you are small time holder of byteball, please don't worry about a 50 or 100 price drop in byteball. If you forsee this as a problem in the future - I would suggest not buying anymore and just continue holding. Look at what recently happened with veteran coins in the past two months, eth, etc, litecoin, dash, xrp, xem..

Trust me when I say that byteball is priced perfectly right now. Just enough to curb mass accumulation and not too much to ruin the price growth - for the most part price growth seems organic. This is where whales and everyone should want it. And it's only been on bittrex for a month. DON'T hate yourself 3 years from now because you sold GB's below 1000USD. Remember, for every seller there is always a buyer.

And cut the crap with back and forth about IOTA. I haven't been around to know the details on both.. but WHO CARES?!? They both will exist as dags or tangles alongside of each other covering a wide spectrum of use cases. And both having success will benefit both tremendously. Anyway, I don't care all that much, I'm just here to hold byteball and its use cases.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:05:53 AM

Where else can you buy something, come back later to pick it up, and then find out that your purchase has somehow expired?? Bet the money they got from you hasn't expired though!

I bought 3 coupons to a car wash once because they were on a sale. Later I went to get my car washed and turned out the coupons had expired. I complained to the cashier and to her supervisor but they refused to give refund or extend the coupons because they had allegedly told me they expire after 3 months when I bought them. I guess I didn't bother listening or simply forgot. Suck it up, deal with it and move on.

I hate seeing part of the community attacking late claimers...I think it is primary selfish stance, just to make their iota rarer and more expensive.

Did you know by the way that yesterday, iota dev made a swap. Any iota before yesterday were donated to iota fundation and dev swimming pool.
Oh sorry, you weren't warned ! You should have participated and not sleep. You have enough time to sleep in the rest of you life, it is your fault...

So I wouldn't attack late claimers because they were less available than others. High profiles are less available also.
I saw another swap lasting one year just to be sure to not leave anybody behind.

Except you are ok to lose your iotas because time passed on chat or twitter is now a criteria, don't take holidays this summer, just in case a 2 weeks swap occurs.
You will lose your iotas and the community will mock you.
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:34:10 AM

Did you know by the way that yesterday, iota dev made a swap. Any iota before yesterday were donated to iota fundation and dev swimming pool.
Oh sorry, you weren't warned ! You should have participated and not sleep. You have enough time to sleep in the rest of you life, it is your fault...

Be careful what you write, because it sounds like all iota were donated.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: