Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:01:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My iotas are no more valid !  (Read 2476 times)
patrickus (OP)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 879

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:40:31 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 01:07:23 PM by patrickus

Unfortunately, it seems that the iotas I have purchased at the beginning of the project are no more valid. It seems that the people that manage this project have produced a new version and have asked to owners of iotas to claim for obtaining new iotas. But the time to do that is terminated. And I have done nothing because I was not aware of this process because I do not participate to this project. I have purchased iotas at the start of the project, hoping to have a good surprise at the end and it is perfectly legitimate. The iota's people has responded that I had to participate to the project !! Those people, narcissic and full of themselves want that we look at them working with admiration. I add that the participation in the project was not in the initial agreement. And anyway I had other things to do ! In brief, I have been stolen and I am not alone in this case. This bullshit shows clearly that this project will not go far. You cannot build upon so dishonest fundations.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:21:35 AM

I failed to claim them just because I was not aware that I had to do so. Having limited the claim period of time was the way to make the theft.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:30:44 AM

Unfortunately, it seems that the iotas I have purchased at the beginning of the project are no more valid. It seems that the people that manage this project have produced a new version and have asked to owners of iotas to claim for obtaining new iotas. But the time to do that is terminated. And I have done nothing because I was not aware of this process because I do not participate to this project. I have purchased iotas at the start of the project, hoping to have a good surprise at the end and it is perfectly legitimate. The iota's people has responded that I had to participate to the project !! Those people, narcissic and full of themselves want that we look at them working with admiration. I add that the participation in the project was not in the initial agreement. And anyway I had other things to do ! In brief, I have been stolen and I am not alone in this case. This bullshit shows clearly that this project will not go far. You cannot build upon so dishonest fundations.

Not that I will make it any better or anything by posting - a loss is a loss - but here's my take:

I would be with you on this, but, unfortunately, you're confused (or don't have your facts straight) in regard to what "new version", "asked to owners of iotas to claim", and "participate to the project" actually mean.  The reason your IOTAs are no more "valid" is because you failed to claim them, which was possible for a fairly reasonable (if not prolonged) amount of time.

I understand one could argue why there was even a claim deadline to begin with, but, truth is, there was a deadline, it was announced through the official thread in the same forum that the ICO took place, and the deadline was further extended (if I remember correctly).  In other words, thus far, the only "participation" that was absolutely required was to claim your IOTAs during the announced period, which only you could do because of the seed.

So you condone this action?

Give the guys his iotas he paid for ffs.

If at the time of purchase there was nothing stated about claiming then he should have them.

How many BTC worth are we talking?

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:41:52 AM

Slow down. After the ICO, did you go to http://collect.iotatoken.com/ and send a small amount of Bitcoin to a specific address?
As mentioned in the very first post of the crowdsale here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.0

If no, then you're out of luck. If yes, then you should see your IOTA address from back then in this list here: https://forum.iota.org/t/genesis-distribution/88
In this case you can still claim your iotas (manually by asking the devs).
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

Yes I have sent a small amount of Bitcoin to a specific address.

Someone in the main iota thread has explained me that it is was too late to claim the new iotas.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Someone in the main iota thread has explained me that it is was too late to claim the new iotas.

There was
2.4 Unclaimed IOTA. If you do not claim all of your Resulting Distribution within 90 days
following the date we make it available to you, you may begin to permanently lose access to or
control over some or all of the Resulting Distribution.
written in the Terms of Sale. Did you pass that stage? Did you claim within the 90 days which ended by the 1st of April 2016?
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:52:05 AM

There was
2.4 Unclaimed IOTA. If you do not claim all of your Resulting Distribution within 90 days
following the date we make it available to you, you may begin to permanently lose access to or
written in the Terms of Sale. Did you pass that stage? Did you claim within the 90 days which ended by the 1st of April 2016?
No I did not.
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:56:23 AM

There was
No I did not.

So you never had "old" iotas and never had an IOTA address?

I'm asking because some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim".

Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
If you did that in time, then you did successfully claim.

Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:57:18 AM

No I did not.

I'm afraid you can't receive the purchased iotas now. They were given to IOTA Foundation, so they will still be used for the good of IOTA community.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:58:29 AM

No I did not.

I'm afraid you can't receive the purchased iotas now. They were given to IOTA Foundation, so they will still be used for the good of IOTA community.
I think that the iota people wanted to punish those that have not participated or even looked at their threads. A pure theft.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:00:46 AM

I think that the iota people wanted to punish those that have not participated or even looked at their threads. A pure theft.

I understand your feelings, but nothing can be done.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:01:01 AM

There was
No I did not.

So you never had "old" iotas and never had an IOTA address?

I'm asking because some people confuse "claim" and "re-claim".

Claim -> was collect.iotatoken.com -> send a small amount of BTC -> your address is in the genesis
If you did that in time, then you did successfully claim.

Re-claim -> The addresses changed at some point and you had to claim the iotas again to a new address. You can still get your iotas if you didn't do this.
No, I have old iotas and I have a iota adresse I can see in the list. I have made the claim but not the re-claim.
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:02:40 AM

No, I have old iotas and I have a iota adresse I can see in the list. I have made the claim but not the re-claim.

@Come-from-Beyond

Then he can still PM you his address (or seed?)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:02:55 AM

Sorry learn what the word means before posting again. How can you even reason I am a hypocrite? Does not even make any sense.

I think he refers to that case where you were caught lying that you didn't know about IOTA but then your old posts in IOTA thread were spotted.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:04:11 AM

@Come-from-Beyond

Yes. Let's make sure he indeed didn't claim in time.

@patrickus:
Enter the seed you have into http://188.138.57.93/oldaddressgenerator.html and post here the address you get. Use lower-case letters.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:16:24 AM

Sorry learn what the word means before posting again. How can you even reason I am a hypocrite? Does not even make any sense.

I think he refers to that case where you were caught lying that you didn't know about IOTA but then your old posts in IOTA thread were spotted.

Wow you english comprehension just gets worse and worse. He outlined clearly what he was referring to in his post. Which is what i replied to.

How many more times can I try to penetrate your skull with the same reply to this until you understand.

I said I was not aware of the IOTA Crowd sale before it has finished.
Because when asking about it before hand was told not to ask about it.

Is that clearer for you now.

That is not the same as not knowing the thread existed.

For someone who proclaims to be amongst the smartest on this board. You need to concentrate a little more.

Oh wait you do of course understand because I have explained it to you before many times.

How are all those hero and legendary sock puppet accounts you bought doing? are they enjoying their iota 30x returns yet + now all those that didnt jump through the new hoops?

I located the thread now which you were advertising to buy up as many as possible prior to the iota toke sale. Interesting isn't it.
Combined with the thread where you say it does not matter if people here find out about your antics of manipulating the iota crowdsale with sock puppet accounts because you intend to market it to people outside of bct that will be unaware of this gives people a clear indication of how things are on the inside of this project.

Anyway I have no time for iota revelations today.

Just give this poor guy his coins you are worth a fortune you can afford it.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:26:16 AM

Wow you english comprehension just gets worse and worse. He outlined clearly what he was referring to in his post. Which is what i replied to.

Ok, you have that many sins that it's not surprising that I guessed it wrong.

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM36ED544iE&feature=youtu.be still gives me a good laugh even though I watch it because of nostalgia.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:39:15 AM

...but still CFB has enough money just give this investor his iota.

Are you talking about CFB who is known to hate babysitting or some other CFB?
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:53:41 AM

I'm sure OP will not be the only person that this will happen to. I bet there's quite a few people who will receive this same shock when they return to see what's happened to the iota they bought.

Always keep an eye on your portfolio. I think ALL iota purchasers should get the iota they paid for, no questions. Where else can you buy something, come back later to pick it up, and then find out that your purchase has somehow expired?? Bet the money they got from you hasn't expired though!

All acceptable in crypto though. You will even be insulted and called a fool.
patrickus (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:55:05 AM

@Come-from-Beyond

Yes. Let's make sure he indeed didn't claim in time.

@patrickus:
Enter the seed you have into http://188.138.57.93/oldaddressgenerator.html and post here the address you get. Use lower-case letters.
I am sorry but I am a little suspicious. What the purpose of that ? Isn-t-it a little risky to enter my seed ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: