Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Switzerland as a bitcoin haven  (Read 3045 times)
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:12:56 PM

Swiss banks are not hiding money anymore that business moved to Holland,that kind of money what you are talking about is possible to hide in bank books but not in blockchain.Switzerand is interested in new disruptive technologys ,becouse of that Switzerland is biggest blockchain hub,

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 07:38:36 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 08:41:52 PM by deisik

Quite interesting. USA now interfering with the Swiss banking system? But why? Why just now? You can't blame Switzerland then for acting like this. They maybe the second country behind Japan legalizing bitcoin(if not done already). Switzerland has been nuetral during WW2, but this time they are taking side, with bitcoin technology. I'm dreaming of staying in Switzerland, and this may be one reason I would move there.

No one knows that for sure

Well, someone (or a group of some) in the American establishment might in fact know the exact reasons for that, but we certainly won't find out. I guess the pretext is the same, i.e. terrorism financing, money laundering and similar bullshit. Personally, I think it could be the consequences of American citizens moving their money abroad from the American bank themselves to more reliable banks (that should count as capital flight). Obviously, the US government didn't quite like that and decided to put an end to this "nefarious" and "treacherous" practice of rich Americans hiding their wealth from Uncle Sam

And he wants you and all your coins

LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:43:42 AM

My plan after high school, I will lecture at the Switzerland . I think this is a good thing, I'm hoping if I study in Switzerland could pay the tuition with bitcoin so people my parents would send money via bitcoin.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:52:47 AM

Yeah Switzerland is alway well know for such things. When money comes or something precious comes Switzerland is always there and it has to be there.  Grin Bitcoin is being accepted everywhere and that too anonymously. Why Switzerland would ever stop there. They will acquire a big empire of bitcoin to attract more customers and people will reach out there for their money's safety as always they have done when it comes to money which comes in bonds.  Cheesy

Well, I have an idea which I want to share

After the US government forced the Swiss banks to reveal information about their clients and their money, it might in fact have been the Swiss gnomes themselves who had hammered Bitcoin specifically to get rid of Uncle Sam's supervision, surveillance and control. If I were them I would certainly feel hurt, upset and humiliated when they had been literally made to disclose this info, so it shouldn't come as surprise that they eagerly welcome Bitcoin (even if it were not them after all who created Bitcoin)

Well it could be.

Switzerland banks has been famous for its secrecy. Hence, a lot of rich people have a bank account somewhere in Switzerland. They don't disclosed any information of the account holders name except for extreme cases like illegal activities or terrorist links. With the best banking strategy and most stable economy in the past years, Switzerland has emerged as the best option for banking service. However, I'm not aware of Uncle's Sam meddling of Swiss banks policy of non-disclosure, however if this is the case then maybe what you said may be very well true.

this was in the news. i didn't pay much attention to its details because i don't live in US and i don't have a swiss bank account Smiley
but US has forced Swiss banks to reveal all the information they have on every single bank account of US citizens there. i don't know how much of even if they resisted but in the end the agreement is like this:
Swiss banks automatically, without being asked, send all the financial details of their customers to US.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/banking-secrecy_swiss-parliament-clears-us-fatca-deal/36858508
While I was not aware of those news, I did not need it to see it, uncle sam has been trying to crack tax havens for decades and those small countries have done everything in their power to resist but it seems they are finally giving in but a new opportunity has open with bitcoin and I do not think they are not going to take advantage of it.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:06:29 AM

I believe Switzerland is going to become a bitcoin paradise country where everyone with BTC will go there and retire. In years time, Switzerland will give full support to bitcoiners, so you will be able to buy anything you want with bitcoin without the need to pay any taxes. ATM bitcoin machines everywhere.

For one. Retireing in a country thats expensive to live in, is extremely non economical and imho stupid. You want the most out of your retirement bucks.

Switzerland has always been a heaven for rich people to store their money hiding from their governments and avoiding taxes.

You have nailed it. Its the country bank law fiction to store the money in, not to live there. So the ATM machines are not going to accomplish anything.

Yeah sure those rich bastards may panic a little, because of the USA interventions, and some of them will buy assets like bitcoin or gold. But can any country be a haven for bitcoin? Why we need haven for bitcoin? Its not legalized yet so its haven is the world.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:01:16 AM

My plan after high school, I will lecture at the Switzerland . I think this is a good thing, I'm hoping if I study in Switzerland could pay the tuition with bitcoin so people my parents would send money via bitcoin.

That is a nice plan but before that could happen the price of bitcoin could be very high and the schools in your are will be accepting bitcoins a a mode of payment for the tuition. If in case that could happen that your hometown becomes a bitcoin haven like Switzerland will you still go to Switzerland to study and teach there. Switzerland is really the first country to ever used and accepts bitcoin in daily lives and it was followed by Japan I wonder what country will be the next bitcoin haven.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 09:23:23 AM

That is a nice plan but before that could happen the price of bitcoin could be very high and the schools in your are will be accepting bitcoins a a mode of payment for the tuition. If in case that could happen that your hometown becomes a bitcoin haven like Switzerland will you still go to Switzerland to study and teach there. Switzerland is really the first country to ever used and accepts bitcoin in daily lives and it was followed by Japan I wonder what country will be the next bitcoin haven

I guess we should still wait and see

It is not yet known how things are going to pan out with Bitcoin in Japan in the long run or what events are set to unfold in the future. Indeed, Bitcoin is being heavily pumped right now with likely a lot of generic folks being attracted to it. But when Bitcoin as per usual goes for correction in due course (which seems to be inevitable), it may cause panic selling between grandmas and grandpas that invested their savings in Bitcoin recently. Naturally, many die-hard Bitcoin traders and speculators will be quite happy to shake the coins from the weak hands, but that might still have negative consequences over the long term as well as backfire on further "bitcoin havens" or "heavens"

kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:52:44 AM

That's great.
It's a good initiative taken from the authority of Switzerland. I'm really optimistic about Bitcoin and I think that kind of news more gives credibility of my prediction.
More country should follow this trend and in this way Bitcoin will be spread out everywhere.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:06:49 PM

That is a nice plan but before that could happen the price of bitcoin could be very high and the schools in your are will be accepting bitcoins a a mode of payment for the tuition. If in case that could happen that your hometown becomes a bitcoin haven like Switzerland will you still go to Switzerland to study and teach there. Switzerland is really the first country to ever used and accepts bitcoin in daily lives and it was followed by Japan I wonder what country will be the next bitcoin haven.

I also like to work in Switzerland. I don't know why but whenever I saw Switzerland in the news, I dreamed of working and staying there for good. With regards to want country should be next to adopt bitcoin, more likely it will be Switzerland because by the looks for it, they are now making plans to accept in the coming years and it will be a bitcoin haven for many big time investor to keep their money there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:40:53 PM

Sounds cool when Switzerland comes up with something new as it has done always in the past. It is well known for black money and wallet of richest persons in the world. Bitcoins are in the queue really to enter into Switzerland world where it will be grown like their own currency and fat wallet storage.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:05:08 AM

I believe Switzerland is going to become a bitcoin paradise country where everyone with BTC will go there and retire. In years time, Switzerland will give full support to bitcoiners, so you will be able to buy anything you want with bitcoin without the need to pay any taxes. ATM bitcoin machines everywhere.

There are already ATM machines in every location you can imagine.

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-government-paving-way-bitcoin-blockchain-banks/

They are obviously building the infrastructure to attract bitcoin holders there. We saw how bank secrecy is a failure with the leaks of bank accounts from lots of people. I think those famous idiots with lots of money will learn about bitcoin and start using it to hide their money from governments, and this will push the price up big time.

Your country is very lucky and you also. I hope they open they are open on importing their goods and products so more bitcoin users throughout the world can benefit also.
l8genius

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:35:34 AM

Switzerland is always a financial paradise. I am not surprised that swtizerland will be a bitcoin paradise. they have the banking infrastructure to support the transition from fiat currency to crypto currency.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

They are obviously building the infrastructure to attract bitcoin holders there. We saw how bank secrecy is a failure with the leaks of bank accounts from lots of people. I think those famous idiots with lots of money will learn about bitcoin and start using it to hide their money from governments, and this will push the price up big time.

Switzerland will give support to bitcoin only if there is some benefit.
The benefit for the country comes with taxation.
I think that offshore islands are a better bitcoin heaven.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 06:05:07 AM

I am not against taxation and social responsibility aspect but I don't want governments to control the wealth of the people. I am not sure how the ideal system form would be where there will be simple taxation system along with the freedom of holding & spending cryptocurrencies. Hopefully, we will be able to find a solution to this issue and it will help the governments across the world to deal with bitcoin and blockchain technology.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 07:41:08 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 08:07:39 PM by deisik

Switzerland will give support to bitcoin only if there is some benefit.
The benefit for the country comes with taxation.
I think that offshore islands are a better bitcoin heaven.

This is a very simplified approach and attitude

It might have been true a few hundred years ago but this is not the case in modern times. In today's complicated world, this might not work anymore. For example, when Internet had just started in the early 1990's, Internet browsers like Netscape had been actually sold for money. Now this is no longer the case, and what seems to be more important, the very idea that someone wanted money for a browser is hard to grasp today

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:50:03 AM

Did you also notice some of the cryptocurrency foundations are registered in Switzerland? Ethereum one of the biggest in the altcoin field right now is registered in Switzerland. There might be others following.

Are Swiss laws more lenient?
bankpower

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:57:16 AM

Do you know if there's a way to open a bank or swisspost account in Switzerland without being resident but European citizen?
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:33:38 PM

It is good to know having a lot of countries adapting Bitcoin like and other more. This is a good opportunity to distribute Bitcoin through out the world rather than having one country manipulating Bitcoin. This is also a good popularity boost and will attract more users and thus Bitcoin will become more solid like not worrying too much to wake up with Bitcoin just gone or dropt to a price of $4.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:08:49 AM

Sounds cool when Switzerland comes up with something new as it has done always in the past. It is well known for black money and wallet of richest persons in the world. Bitcoins are in the queue really to enter into Switzerland world where it will be grown like their own currency and fat wallet storage.
If Switzerland does really adopt bitcoin prepare yourself for the price to go to the moon, the swiss franc is one of the most solid currencies if they adopt bitcoin you can be sure the world is going to listen to this and everyone will begin to think of bitcoin as a very good currency too.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:22:31 AM

That is a nice plan but before that could happen the price of bitcoin could be very high and the schools in your are will be accepting bitcoins a a mode of payment for the tuition. If in case that could happen that your hometown becomes a bitcoin haven like Switzerland will you still go to Switzerland to study and teach there. Switzerland is really the first country to ever used and accepts bitcoin in daily lives and it was followed by Japan I wonder what country will be the next bitcoin haven

I guess we should still wait and see

It is not yet known how things are going to pan out with Bitcoin in Japan in the long run or what events are set to unfold in the future. Indeed, Bitcoin is being heavily pumped right now with likely a lot of generic folks being attracted to it. But when Bitcoin as per usual goes for correction in due course (which seems to be inevitable), it may cause panic selling between grandmas and grandpas that invested their savings in Bitcoin recently. Naturally, many die-hard Bitcoin traders and speculators will be quite happy to shake the coins from the weak hands, but that might still have negative consequences over the long term as well as backfire on further "bitcoin havens" or "heavens"

The backfire you mentioned will take long years to happen and the dump of bitcoins from weak hands will not take long since there are many catchers waiting for the dump as we speak. By next month Australia will going to adopt bitcoins and it will cause another opportunity to increase the number of bitcoin users that will affect the bitcoins price to spike again.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: