Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Switzerland as a bitcoin haven  (Read 3045 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 06:16:34 AM

My plan after high school, I will lecture at the Switzerland . I think this is a good thing, I'm hoping if I study in Switzerland could pay the tuition with bitcoin so people my parents would send money via bitcoin.

That is a nice plan but before that could happen the price of bitcoin could be very high and the schools in your are will be accepting bitcoins a a mode of payment for the tuition. If in case that could happen that your hometown becomes a bitcoin haven like Switzerland will you still go to Switzerland to study and teach there. Switzerland is really the first country to ever used and accepts bitcoin in daily lives and it was followed by Japan I wonder what country will be the next bitcoin haven

I guess we should still wait and see

It is not yet known how things are going to pan out with Bitcoin in Japan in the long run or what events are set to unfold in the future. Indeed, Bitcoin is being heavily pumped right now with likely a lot of generic folks being attracted to it. But when Bitcoin as per usual goes for correction in due course (which seems to be inevitable), it may cause panic selling between grandmas and grandpas that invested their savings in Bitcoin recently. Naturally, many die-hard Bitcoin traders and speculators will be quite happy to shake the coins from the weak hands, but that might still have negative consequences over the long term as well as backfire on further "bitcoin havens" or "heavens"

The backfire you mentioned will take long years to happen and the dump of bitcoins from weak hands will not take long since there are many catchers waiting for the dump as we speak. By next month Australia will going to adopt bitcoins and it will cause another opportunity to increase the number of bitcoin users that will affect the bitcoins price to spike again

There is no contradiction in my post

It may take long and it may take a few months (or even weeks), these are not two mutually exclusive events. Right now, we may see a small correction since the price is not very high as of yet (in comparison to what insane crowds of grandmas and grandpas could drive it to), so few hands will be shaken, and, as you said, there are too many knife catchers waiting in the bush for the price to get dumped (I hope for 1,200 dollars per coin, personally). But this element will always be there, at least, as long as Bitcoin remains a purely financial asset

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:34:44 PM

Sounds cool when Switzerland comes up with something new as it has done always in the past. It is well known for black money and wallet of richest persons in the world. Bitcoins are in the queue really to enter into Switzerland world where it will be grown like their own currency and fat wallet storage.
If Switzerland does really adopt bitcoin prepare yourself for the price to go to the moon, the swiss franc is one of the most solid currencies if they adopt bitcoin you can be sure the world is going to listen to this and everyone will begin to think of bitcoin as a very good currency too.
I think they've already accepted it and I agree japan did it already and we're seeing a price movement that would make anyone who hold btc smile from ear to ear. having switzerland back up btc would be a very big boost and that would be something to really look forward to

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:32:46 AM

it is really a good news for us who are engaged in bitcoin, hopefully, it starts strongly, is bitcoin could cover in Europe then it will be a great achievement for becoming a global currency.
so let's see what will happen....
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:12:59 PM

it is really a good news for us who are engaged in bitcoin, hopefully, it starts strongly, is bitcoin could cover in Europe then it will be a great achievement for becoming a global currency.

Countries are accepting bitcoin slowly but surely. Japan, Australia on 1st of july, Swiss companies accepting bitcoin all together. I just hope that small businesses start accepting bitcoin, cuz I'm still waiting for the day to buy coffee with btc. Cheesy

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Mbokani

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:46:26 PM

Switzerland was a save haven for major business magnets and illegal holders for a very long time and they usually accept everything with both arms and it is not a big surprise that they are accepting bitcoin,we are seeing more countries accepting bitcoin and it is a really good thing for the community and hope to hear more positive news in the future.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:46:39 AM

Countries are accepting bitcoin slowly but surely. Japan, Australia on 1st of july, Swiss companies accepting bitcoin all together. I just hope that small businesses start accepting bitcoin, cuz I'm still waiting for the day to buy coffee with btc. Cheesy
Buying coffee with bitcoin is not a good idea because the network of bitcoin is getting slower and the confirmations are taking days to confirm and some of the transactions are still unconfirmed. I think the first thing we need to do is to fix the issue or problem with bitcoin first before continuing to being adopted by the countries or store.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:04:07 AM

Switzerland was a save haven for major business magnets and illegal holders for a very long time and they usually accept everything with both arms and it is not a big surprise that they are accepting bitcoin,we are seeing more countries accepting bitcoin and it is a really good thing for the community and hope to hear more positive news in the future.

They're a country with great wealth, a high degree of educated people and low crime rates. If what they're doing is working why wouldn't other countries just adapt to something similar. Having an open mind allows you to move forward as a society. If you're close minded you'll never look into bitcoins because "it's for criminals".
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:26:36 AM

They're a country with great wealth, a high degree of educated people and low crime rates. If what they're doing is working why wouldn't other countries just adapt to something similar. Having an open mind allows you to move forward as a society. If you're close minded you'll never look into bitcoins because "it's for criminals".

Sweden really is an open-minded country with open-minded people. Those who accept Bitcoin are open-minded being for they see the good things and bad things alike and weight them. It is not Bitcoin itself is the one who is dangerous or criminal because anything can either be used good or bad and legal or illegal activity which really depends on the person who is holding it. By the help of government and developers, we can put rules and order so that it will not be used in these not so attractive ways.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:59:18 AM

Sweden really is an open-minded country with open-minded people. Those who accept Bitcoin are open-minded being for they see the good things and bad things alike and weight them. It is not Bitcoin itself is the one who is dangerous or criminal because anything can either be used good or bad and legal or illegal activity which really depends on the person who is holding it. By the help of government and developers, we can put rules and order so that it will not be used in these not so attractive ways.

Sweden isn't Switzerland. They are 2 different country. Take a worldmap. Sweden is north of Europe, Switzerland is the little one between France and Germany Wink
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:24:53 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 08:42:13 AM by PokerFace3

Sometimes back, I read Switzerland railway is going to accept bitcoins or their postal department is going to sell bitcoin or something similar to that. But I was not seeing any big impact those news actually would have done like how Japan's stand is right now doing. Many European governments made their stand against bitcoin like treating it as digital asset in 2013 and 2014 but none of them had made any big impacts.

I welcome Switzerland to be bitcoin heaven after being a safe heaven for world black economy. I wish at least in coming years Europe to influence into bitcoin economics.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:20:46 AM

I'm tempted to agree that Switzerland will be a safe haven for Bitcoin due to their secured banking record and so we should spearhead bitcoins usage in Switzerland the most and it will likely be induced on other European countries.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:03:54 PM

At this point Europe will take some time before they will follow the footsteps of Switzerland. But I can see asia as having the most potential for bitcoin offline transactions. We do have Japans adoption of bitcoin last april and it made a huge impact on bitcoins price and soon other asian countries will also follow Japan. By next month Australia will follow the lead of Japan and it will be the spark that will soon lit a fire in the whole Australian continent.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:36:10 PM

The Swiss connection and banking secrets are top notch and so I expect Bitcoin to grow and be deep rooted there and spread across the rest of Europe.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:52:52 PM

Already switzerland is well known for its banks which does not give any details of its customers to any country.So,lots of money flow from all over the world towards swiss banks.It seems that they don't want to be late in adopting the newer technology bitcoin.Bitcoin payments can be made for any government works in switzerland here after.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:52:03 PM

I believe Switzerland is going to become a bitcoin paradise country where everyone with BTC will go there and retire. In years time, Switzerland will give full support to bitcoiners, so you will be able to buy anything you want with bitcoin without the need to pay any taxes. ATM bitcoin machines everywhere.

There are already ATM machines in every location you can imagine.

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-government-paving-way-bitcoin-blockchain-banks/

They are obviously building the infrastructure to attract bitcoin holders there. We saw how bank secrecy is a failure with the leaks of bank accounts from lots of people. I think those famous idiots with lots of money will learn about bitcoin and start using it to hide their money from governments, and this will push the price up big time.
Cannot agree totally. Perhaps there are more people who use bitcoins in Switzerland and there is more merchants accepting it there, but to be a bitcoin paradise the world has to be a place where you can eat and dine with bitcoins without having the hassle to convert it to flat currency.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:04:34 AM

I think Switzerland take one step ahead from other countries. Blockchain and bitcoin is  tech that will replace old financial system that has been controled for long time by banking industries. That's a good news. In another world, Indonesia does backward step, the government can see the money owner without permission of the owner who has above 200 million rupiah ( 15000 USD). http://www.tribunnews.com/bisnis/2017/06/05/psst-saldo-tabungan-rp-200-juta-ke-atas-di-bank-kini-bisa-diintip-orang-pajak

Tax officer has authority to see the holder of account more thant 200 million or 15000 USD. I think Indonesian people should use bitcoin and cryptocurrency to store their money.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:00:29 AM

Already switzerland is well known for its banks which does not give any details of its customers to any country.So,lots of money flow from all over the world towards swiss banks.It seems that they don't want to be late in adopting the newer technology bitcoin.Bitcoin payments can be made for any government works in switzerland here after.
Switzerland is not so safe Harbor. At the end of the 2000s, Switzerland was to give information on Bank accounts requests of the American authorities. This has undermined their credibility among people who had savings acquired by not entirely honest way. And remember the story of Assange.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 05:07:26 PM by deisik

Switzerland is not so safe Harbor. At the end of the 2000s, Switzerland was to give information on Bank accounts requests of the American authorities. This has undermined their credibility among people who had savings acquired by not entirely honest way. And remember the story of Assange

And what about the story of Assange?

Aren't you confusing Sweden with Switzerland? Remember, Switzerland is not Sweden, and neither is Spitsbergen. Regarding revealing bank account info, this is applicable only to bank accounts open by the American citizens if I'm not mistaken. If the Swiss bankers didn't give in, they would be cut off from major payment systems which are controlled by the US authorities. This is how matters stand in today's world with the global domination of the US in the world of finance

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:01:11 PM

Well that is where all the money was and is. So as Bitcoin is the NEW MONEY the Swiss are very clever to make sure there is a good infrastructure framework available for all the Bitcoiners and Bitcoin Whales to par their nice big funds of Bitcoin.  Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:24:07 PM

Well that is where all the money was and is. So as Bitcoin is the NEW MONEY the Swiss are very clever to make sure there is a good infrastructure framework available for all the Bitcoiners and Bitcoin Whales to par their nice big funds of Bitcoin.  Smiley

Could be true. Swiss banks has been known as safe heaven long way before. So a lot of billionaires, rich people put their money in Switzerland. And they are already thinking about the future when they become a bitcoin friendly country. And for sure whalers will took advantage of it and stash their bitcoin in Switzerland.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████