Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan and the United States equaled the volume of bitcoin trades  (Read 859 times)
Marcus_2017 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

Statistics shows that the trading volume in dollars and yen higher than ever, but some believe that these figures should be taken in excess. For example, when China dominated the bitcoin market, this is due to the fact that the trading platform is allowed to trade without fees, which dramatically increased the volume of sales in RMB. Because Chinese exchanges added to the Commission, the trade volume of BTC / CNY in China fell. One of the advantages of a Japanese bitcoin trading is the fact that Japanese stocks do not charge commissions for transactions. It's a little alarming skeptics, since statistics JPY / BTC can be inflated for this reason.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:39:47 PM

Statistics shows that the trading volume in dollars and yen higher than ever, but some believe that these figures should be taken in excess. For example, when China dominated the bitcoin market, this is due to the fact that the trading platform is allowed to trade without fees, which dramatically increased the volume of sales in RMB. Because Chinese exchanges added to the Commission, the trade volume of BTC / CNY in China fell. One of the advantages of a Japanese bitcoin trading is the fact that Japanese stocks do not charge commissions for transactions. It's a little alarming skeptics, since statistics JPY / BTC can be inflated for this reason.

It's clear that we are seeing new flows of money, forget about the usual suspects, we are seeing brand new people coming into the crypto bandwagon. People want to get rich quick and they see crypto as a booming industry so they are starting to buy and hold coins. All the altcoins are on the green too, sometimes they dip as BTC rises, but usually you can say new money is coming in. We'll see if this is a bubble or not.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

Don't compare Chinese and Japanese market in terms of volume. Japan now is dominating the trading volumes as much 50%. Followed by USA. No fake volumes going on. Bitcoin ecosystem has been flourishing with a lot of money now specially coming from the Japan. We have to remember that Japan has a lot of money and it makes sense to them to just put in it bitcoin ecosystem since it is already a legal tender to them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:00:41 PM

The rise of the trades in japan is for sure brought about by the Government of Japan creating regulations encouraging the use of bitcoins. This might have brought more awareness to the citizens of Japan and hence has really affect the trading volumes. If they do not charge for trading fees then probably this is a temporary thing and could possibly be regulated as well.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:05:50 PM

Well it's not exactly surprising that there is going to be a noticeable increase for JPN exchanges since they also opened up 10 or something additional exchanges over the past few weeks. I have heard from a few people I know that follow business and so in Japan that Bitcoin is becoming something that is mentioned ever-so-occasionally as opposed to the "never" is used to be, but I dunno if that's just because of some bias for what mediums of information they use.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 04:19:24 PM

This doesn't seems a surprise, because Japan has started to dominate the market once it got the legalized usage as an currency which is nowhere found. China always tries to keep bitcoin under their control, but this is not possible anymore as everything came to light when the inspection took place.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:25:36 PM

Well I thought that Japan was a lot bigger of a player in the global exchange game since they used to be the home country of Mt.Gox (iirc) and they had those politicians talking about how they would start regulating Bitcoin. I know China always loved to be one of the biggest portions of the pie and they wouldn't have it any other way, but it's good to see Japan catching up since they apparently weren't in the same place I thought they were.
Good to see more competitors to China's control.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 04:57:47 PM

Don't compare Chinese and Japanese market in terms of volume. Japan now is dominating the trading volumes as much 50%. Followed by USA. No fake volumes going on. Bitcoin ecosystem has been flourishing with a lot of money now specially coming from the Japan. We have to remember that Japan has a lot of money and it makes sense to them to just put in it bitcoin ecosystem since it is already a legal tender to them.

And it is not even about trading volume as such

As to me, we should first take into account the potential real demand for Bitcoin from general public. Yes, China is bigger than Japan almost 10 times (in terms of population), but the Japanese are by far richer on average. So despite huge and mind-boggling population of China, an average Chinese citizen hardly has any spare money to buy even a few satoshi (as the saying goes, living only on a bowl of rice a day). In this way, it is effective demand that counts, and in this department Japan beats China hands down any day

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:20:55 PM

Guys imagine what happens if another country much like Japan were to adopt bitcoin as a digital currency, I bet we'll shoot up higher than $2500.
There is not a single project in the entire world which could give you $300 pure profit on every $1200 invested in less than 10 days.
I just f**king love you so much Satoshi, I swear that I will vouch for you on the judgment day, RIP for now my hero.
In a world where people are ought to get you and milk you he did the opposite, you can't find anything like bitcoin as it changed millions of lives and will continue to do so for hundreds of millions more in the future.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:45:35 PM

Guys imagine what happens if another country much like Japan were to adopt bitcoin as a digital currency, I bet we'll shoot up higher than $2500.
There is not a single project in the entire world which could give you $300 pure profit on every $1200 invested in less than 10 days.
I just f**king love you so much Satoshi, I swear that I will vouch for you on the judgment day, RIP for now my hero.
In a world where people are ought to get you and milk you he did the opposite, you can't find anything like bitcoin as it changed millions of lives and will continue to do so for hundreds of millions more in the future.

That's correct, if one of the other leading bitcoin countries adopt bitcoin offically, we could easily find bitcoin price around 2.000$-2.500$ interval. This will come true for sure, but we cannot predict an exact time for this. Might be in 1 year or 5 so.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

There is not a single project in the entire world which could give you $300 pure profit on every $1200 invested in less than 10 days

In your place, I would keep your enthusiasm somewhat constrained

Since it still largely remains to be seen how things are going to evolve and in which direction exactly in the foreseeable future. Much of this price rise (if not all 100% of it) has been due to Bitfinex issues with USD payment channels (you must have heard of them). I remember perfectly that moment when prices started to get divorced at Bitfinex and Btc-e, and it happened a few days after USD deposits to the exchange had been blocked. So once these issues get resolved (provided they get resolved, which is not a given, though), we will see where Bitcoin goes

merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:43:21 PM

Even if the volumes from Japan were a bit inflated, it still benefited the crytocurrency industry because of the increased number of people going into bitcoins. Of course some of them weak hands may sell when new regulations are put into place but I doubt all of them would suddenly just turn their backs on BTC.

This could be the start of the wider adoption we were hoping for.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 08:08:41 PM

It's dangerous for something to be too reliant on one market and one currency.  It means that any problem that happens in that country related to cryptocurrencies will cause a huge crash on the whole market.

One dominant exchange gone faulty, one government regulation change, one strong/weak currency depending on how it affects the market - anything that happens could cause a serious crash and a domino effect on traders. 

What's needed is for enough institutional investors to get involved who are determined to avoid selling during dips because they know about Bitcoin's past.  Then the price will get more stable.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 08:41:50 PM

It's dangerous for something to be too reliant on one market and one currency.  It means that any problem that happens in that country related to cryptocurrencies will cause a huge crash on the whole market.

One dominant exchange gone faulty, one government regulation change, one strong/weak currency depending on how it affects the market - anything that happens could cause a serious crash and a domino effect on traders. 

What's needed is for enough institutional investors to get involved who are determined to avoid selling during dips because they know about Bitcoin's past.  Then the price will get more stable

We shouldn't be afraid of that

At least, as long as there is free market and real competition between the market participants. In fact, we may not even live up to that (I refer here to "any problem ... will cause a huge crash on the whole market") since we are basically already there (though not because of "one dominant exchange" or "one dominant country"). We are already relying too heavily on just a dozen of rogue miners which could easily "cause a serious crash and a domino effect" if they ever want that and choose so

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:24:01 PM

What's needed is for enough institutional investors to get involved who are determined to avoid selling during dips because they know about Bitcoin's past.  Then the price will get more stable.

So what would you suggest?  Trust a second rate cryptocurrency? That is even risking more of your money.  If we have to diversify, then probably it is best to diversify in other industry and pick the top notch of each industry, this way we are sure that our holdings have stability.

I think it is the decision of Japan towards Bitcoin that enable them to gain lots of people to venture into Bitcoin.  Result, they are on the front rank with United States in terms of bitcoin trades volume. 

Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:39:50 PM

The rise of the trades in japan is for sure brought about by the Government of Japan creating regulations encouraging the use of bitcoins. This might have brought more awareness to the citizens of Japan and hence has really affect the trading volumes. If they do not charge for trading fees then probably this is a temporary thing and could possibly be regulated as well.
The government has regulated bitcoin and what more regulation are you looking for ,since the legalization of bitcoin there are many investments coming into bitcoin and so is the reason we are seeing more volumes and the price is breaking some records and hope more countries will follow that up and start legalizing bitcoin,but before that we have to settle the scaling issues.
ePesoInitiative

Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:44:27 PM

yeah, I noticed that Japan is fomoing Bitcoin.

Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:27:50 AM

Firstly of we should be at 1800$ or so by your estimate. Japan is a very rich country. Its hard to have another country as rich as a Japan, as its in the top bracket. So the middle of the road to 2500$ per bitcoin (with two countries) is to have 1800$ per bitcoin (with only Japan). As you can see thats not the case right now.

By the way the government words are just words. Nowadays words are easily and quickly forgotten. Its just a new trend for now, not something that will stay with us forever. There have to be the need like in China to use bitcoin as a cash transfer mechanism.

Secondly there are not so many milions of bitcoin users. I would estimate that 0.1-0.2% of world population is a number much closer to reality. Thats 7-14 milion users.

Idrisu

Merit: 260

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:56:21 AM

That is what government is all about. Japanese government accepted bitcoin is stimulates they economic, now Japan has become the hub of bitcoin and others crypto currencies today because the government create an enabling environment for it. Third world countries should emulates the same thing by adopting bitcoin as a mode of payment and they Economic will turn dramatically.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 6270

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:55:59 PM

That is what government is all about. Japanese government accepted bitcoin is stimulates they economic, now Japan has become the hub of bitcoin and others crypto currencies today because the government create an enabling environment for it. Third world countries should emulates the same thing by adopting bitcoin as a mode of payment and they Economic will turn dramatically.

They just accepted bitcoin as a currency, nothing more.
Stimulating the economy? How? On what level?

In order to really stimulate the economy bitcoin would have to do something better for the economy than other currencies legal in Japan at this moment
What is bitcoin doing so miraculous that it revamps their economy?
Curb your enthusiasm, a coin doing 300k transactions a day globally can't do anything to influence Japan above 0.0001%

Third world countries should be more concern about their problems with running water and electricity rather than trying to emulate the Japanese model.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████