Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:45:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple announcing lock-up next month (june) - Shoot to stars  (Read 53469 times)
Palaxidon

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 04:26:31 PM

XRP Been allways intresting in bitcoin world and we all knew in 2016 about SBI news and where its been heading.. Nothing new, I allways knew its one of the best long term investments out there but it could take years to get profits. It just started major pump now in 2017 and it became alot more known and marketed past last year. This is intresting, lets see where this goes now with this insanity Smiley. It can go to 1 dollar or it can go back down aswell.. remember that this is not natural grow and controlled by big players.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:22:05 PM

One of the major fears about Ripple has been uncertainty about their supply and what if Ripple releases too much of their supply into market, thereby suppressing price.  Although, Ripple being a Licensed, Regulated,
 and Registered company that can be 'Sued' in court for fraud has eliminated much of this worry.

But seems like Ripple wants to be world class in every. among the internal community.

In their internal community, 'Rumors' are dense about Ripple releasing an extensive lock-up agreement spanning a whole decade and more.  removing all market worries about supply.

What does this mean ?

1.) Suddenly All worries about supply will be defeated in one official move.
2.) The supply available will only be the current supply.
3.) Overnight will make XRP lot more precious, valuable and most probably will spike up price greatly given so many use-cases and no more new supply in the horizon.

Additionally, as a remainder unlike Bitcoin, ETH etc which are "Inflation" currencies that increase their supply over time, Ripple is Deflationary. Meaning, NO new coin can ever be mined/created, and Supply reduces over time as every transaction destroys certain amount of XRP.

people are closely watching for hints in this years Consensus2017 event ( by Coindesk ) (https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/859105209854906373)

and it does not end there. Its also rumored that Ripple will use their on-platform escrow feature to enforce this lockup and show off to the feature to their customers. (Ripple has on-platform cryptographically secure escrow that does not depend on 'any' external services)

I have given head's up, i think once this is done, There is no stopping XRP's higher evaluation. and My personal guess is Much higher.

Good luck everybody !

OP wins price for worst example of shilling in Bitcointalk history

Not one word of this is true

If they can have the authority to do a lockup today, they can do the opposite tomorrow, since there is no miners, no nodes, no consensus but just a company that can do what they want

Truth is the new hatespeech.
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:28:15 PM

@f0rmdeep,

The txids you provided belong to accounts (excluding Reise bank) that have been activated by Ripple Employees. These accounts show activity ~9 months to a year, that indicates a testing of sorts, and not day-to-day use.

For example, NBAD that is reportedly 'live' since January, does not report any txs, nor issuing wallets. There is no transactions in recent ledgers in NBAD related IOUs.
Could you provide a txid for a recent NBAD transaction?

Until we have a press-release by a bank, that says "Yo, we integrate Ripple. Here's our wallet addresses and IOUs (as per Ripple's gateway guidelines)", you may only guess that the entities transacting behind these wallets that match a market/asset of a suspected FI do indeed belong to a said FI.

Also, where did you get the info about SBI VC implementation specifics?

Off-course , that's testing data - by banks.

SBI VC Implementation specifics i got the following very interesting ones :-) source : (www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170301presentations.pdf) SLIDE 34,35,36,and 45 :

the Full stakeholder PDF has much more details ( lots of tech and gory details on implementation :-) )

Relictus

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:47:58 PM

@f0rmdeep,

Thank you for such a detailed response.

I am aware of the pdf you mentioned, but it does not mention how SBI is going to use RCL specifically as a back-bone for their exchange (as in trading SBI.IOUs). The fact that you seem to be aware of, judging by your posts here.

Ripple's distributed ledger solution is no longer RCL only. FIs are adopting RC Cloud, which is a separate piece of software. It does include RCL as a routing option for payment paths, but that's just it - RCL is one of the many ILP-connectors out there. JoelKatz (Ripple's Chief Cryptographer) has shared that no FI found implementing RCL (for issuing its own IOUs, as per Ripple Gateway Guidelines) appealing (due to concerns of privacy and some other).

There are 12+ banks that have reported implementing Ripple's solution. But the volume on RCL (see RippleCharts for instance) is not indicative of any kind of industrial-grade payment volume. If RCL (and XRP) were compulsory - this wouldn't have been possible.

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:51:22 PM

@f0rmdeep,

Thank you for such a detailed response.

I am aware of the pdf you mentioned, but it does not mention how SBI is going to use RCL specifically as a back-bone for their exchange (as in trading SBI.IOUs). The fact that you seem to be aware of, judging by your posts here.

Ripple's distributed ledger solution is no longer RCL only. FIs are adopting RC Cloud, which is a separate piece of software. It does include RCL as a routing option for payment paths, but that's just it - RCL is one of the many ILP-connectors out there. JoelKatz (Ripple's Chief Cryptographer) has shared that no FI found implementing RCL (for issuing its own IOUs, as per Ripple Gateway Guidelines) appealing (due to concerns of privacy and some other).

There are 12+ banks that have reported implementing Ripple's solution. But the volume on RCL (see RippleCharts for instance) is not indicative of any kind of industrial-grade payment volume. If RCL (and XRP) were compulsory - this wouldn't have been possible.

Hi np, you are welcome.

so here i found this tweet that has more details. ( https://twitter.com/Chan_Maddanna/status/857400519429697541 )

added to this, given Ripple is a registered and licensed company under regulatory compliance.. i think far ahead of anyone else in this field...

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:53:28 PM

so centralised entity promises not to let go of more hoarded and centralised tokens. that's real nice of them.

no doubt ripple will continue to be huge. it also really should never have been lumped in with cryptocurrencies.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:00:02 PM

so centralised entity promises not to let go of more hoarded and centralised tokens. that's real nice of them.

no doubt ripple will continue to be huge. it also really should never have been lumped in with cryptocurrencies.

well lets see every currency unit has a cryptographic signature and it carries value ( AKA currency ) - so .. so ... so....  it is what ? crypto + currency ... lol

just because some one is fast and slim and competent, you don't discard them .. u call them champion !

let me tell you another way , tomorrow bitcoin or one of those onion network who-knows-what coins pulls another mt-gox i cannot do anything but suffer .. but if ripple did it, i can take them to court ( they are registered with SEC reporting )
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:32:24 PM

YAY! MOAR BTC 4 ME!!!
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:39:44 PM

YAY! MOAR BTC 4 ME!!!

LMAO - good and XRP for us ( its nice to see your desperate-ness on display, oh and 1 font size bigger then you ..lol. )
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:40:58 PM

Jesus, all the good knews about Ripple! I just wish i would jump on it earlier!

This coin has x1000 potenatial no doubt.
blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:42:21 PM

YAY! MOAR BTC 4 ME!!!

LMAO - good and XRP for us ( its nice to see your desperate-ness on display, oh and 1 font size bigger then you ..lol. )

YES, WE ALL MAKE MONEY TOGEHTER FRIEND
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:45:15 PM

YAY! MOAR BTC 4 ME!!!

YES, WE ALL MAKE MONEY TOGEHTER FRIEND

that was so sweet, thank you :-), my "friend"... have a good one, catch up again laters..
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

I saw in my dreams Ripple reached 10$ 2018 April 20.

arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:24:56 PM

So does Ripple have the potential to become a 100 dollar coin in 10 years from now?
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:34:52 PM

So does Ripple have the potential to become a 100 dollar coin in 10 years from now?

i don't think so... i don't think it will ever be 100 usd by real usecase ..

, but 3 to 5  dollar coin by 2018 Summer - we can bet on it with great mathematical certainty.

just based on international remittance market, XRP will need to be 3 dollars to move even 20% of current market value.

now this is without speculation and trading .. so with those two added, can it go much higher .. hmm.. i would say yes !

lets see ...
MoneyTeam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:01:47 PM

i will buy now a decent amount )
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:27:14 PM

, but 3 to 5  dollar coin by 2018 Summer - we can bet on it with great mathematical certainty.

just based on international remittance market, XRP will need to be 3 dollars to move even 20% of current market value.

now this is without speculation and trading .. so with those two added, can it go much higher .. hmm.. i would say yes !

lets see ...

I like the way you said that. 2018 is a pretty quick. That would mean almost every week it will be significantly higher then the week before that.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:29:25 PM

lets see ...

I like the way you said that. 2018 is a pretty quick. That would mean almost every week it will be significantly higher then the week before that.

that i think is very very true. Hold and forget about it for a year is the best strategy for ripple in my personal opinion/. I mean so many things going production and live every month... all the hard work they have done over last ten years when other altcoins pretended real world does not exist ! big deal ! great long term buy and hold investment honestly ! amazing, thank god i hold XRP.
Zegra

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:48:02 PM

Not everyone is holidng it though, there is a huge dump at the moment. I think a whale dumped and people get afraid and dumping too.
But that was to be expected with a pump this huge.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:27:08 PM

my oh my, the Ripple cultists are going to have a bad awakening, this is worse than Onecoin  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: