Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple announcing lock-up next month (june) - Shoot to stars  (Read 53468 times)
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:34:59 AM

but there are other coins that I prefer

Let me guess... Doge ? Bela ?

long term I believe in BTC; ETH; maybe LTC and XMR
speculative: PPC; NMC; NXT; DOGE

XRP you can speculate with, too, but it needs to be treated like an exchange: centralized - can go offline tomorrow. So don't bet the farm  Cheesy

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:08:16 AM

I'll move on and have fun elsewhere  Smiley
Huh Cheesy Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
begginer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

I am planing to hold them until the end of the year.
regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:30:32 PM

I'm also planning to lose all my money within 2017

This thread was likely started as comedy.
(see $1 prediction on page 1 and so on.  Why would Ripple be worth more than x times the sum of bitcoin, swift and all other cryptocurrencies combined?)

Ripple is priced 35 times higher than a few weeks ago.
News April:  hiring a leading SWIFT employee.
Old/constant news: Talking to banks, more banks,  but are all who have been talking previously still wondering to become clients one day? Will ripple reduce the banks counter by ~0.5 for each one that is rather undecided/sceptical?

McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:34:19 PM

(see $1 prediction on page 1 and so on.  Why would Ripple be worth more than x times the sum of bitcoin, swift and all other cryptocurrencies combined?)

Old/constant news: Talking to banks, more banks,  but are all who have been talking previously still wondering to become clients one day? Will ripple reduce the banks counter by ~0.5 for each one that is rather undecided/sceptical?

So please let us know, which coin YOU prefer.
And if there is one, your opinion up there is worthless.
Because NO coin should have your trust.
Even the highly volatile BTC in the mangle of a thumb civil war fighting mass is nothing for you.
When this here is comedy, you are the best comedian of all...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:18:54 PM

Well guys, you might have time to take a look at GNT, SYScoin, NEM and Humaniq. Good tech on those coins. Might cost a fortune one day.
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:22:14 PM

Well guys, you might have time to take a look at GNT, SYScoin, NEM and Humaniq. Good tech on those coins. Might cost a fortune one day.

i agree and also add sc to the list. thank you .. between did you see this post :-) ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1912691.0
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:29:54 PM

Are you ready for this weekend, news! Ripple Unveils Strategy to ‘Become More Decentralized than Bitcoin:

Prominent FinTech payments firm Ripple has announced a strategy that it believes will ultimately make its blockchain more decentralized than Bitcoin.

Ripple’s technology chief Stefan Thomas has revealed a three-point strategy toward making Ripple’s blockchain, the Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL), more secure, efficient and decentralized than Bitcoin.

In a blog published today, Thomas stated:

A key benchmark that we aim to achieve is to become more decentralized than Bitcoin, which at the time of writing is 51% controlled by just five mining pools. This means the largest five pools working together could achieve a 51% attack and reverse transactions (double spend) at will. For Ethereum, this number is even lower: only three pools are needed for a takeover.

Created in 2012, the RCL was developed as an enterprise-ready public blockchain – in contrast to bitcoin – geared for banks and payment providers to process cross-border payments. The RCL also serves as the root ledger for XRP, Ripple’s native digital asset.

Ripple has fielded criticism from the crypto community since its release, with the most common accusation of being a centralized network.

For its part, the decentralization of the Ripple blockchain was a process that began ‘right at its inception’, according to Thomas. “We intentionally haven’t rushed the process and have been making continuous progress all along.”

The path toward decentralization is now a priority, as Ripple ropes in more customers in banks and payment providers around the world, underlining the need to diversify the validator nodes to form a more robust and resilient blockchain.

The strategy involves three fundamental steps.

First, is Ripple’s foray to diversify the validator nodes on the blockchain. “Today, RCL has 25 validator nodes running, but continuing to grow and diversify this list of recommended validator operators is a priority for us,” wrote Thomas. The ultimate aim is to further avoid the risk of a single point of failure, with diversification of nodes across several geographical locations and software platforms.

Secondly, Ripple will recruit attested validators to the network. It will monitor new validators joining the current set of 25 nodes, checking their performance on “consensus agreement rate, uptime, verification of identity and public attestation.”

Finally, Ripple will add attested validators to its Unique Node Lists (UNLs). A UNL is a list of transaction validator nodes that are seen as ‘trusted’ validating nodes operated by Ripple. The company’s plan is to phase out the nodes it controls, replacing them with attested third-party validators until no single operator controls a majority of trusted nodes on the blockchain.

“Over the course of the next 18 months, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the RCL,” Thomas revealed.

He further stated:

To match Bitcoin, RCL would need just 16 trusted validators. Add more, and the number of tolerable faults increases accordingly. In other words, RCL will not just meet, but exceed the decentralization level of other public blockchains.

The Ripple executive also contends that Ripple has the upper hand on Bitcoin due to the way the blockchains reach consensus. Thomas claimed that Ripple validators are less likely to be malicious or attacked successfully since they are chosen on ‘merit’. Unlike Bitcoin validators, chosen based on their proof-of-work (PoW) mining.

“Bitcoin chooses validators solely based on their mining power, which actually deincentivizes security,” Thomas wrote. “Security measures cost money, but don’t improve on the speed of mining.”

Earlier this year, Ripple laid claim to match the transaction output of Visa, the world’s largest payments network with 70k transactions at an average time of 3.7 seconds.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ripple-unveils-strategy-become-decentralized-bitcoin/
woaaa Shocked Shocked

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:03:08 AM

BACK UP TRUCK

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:35:08 AM

Are you ready for this weekend, news! Ripple Unveils Strategy to ‘Become More Decentralized than Bitcoin:

Prominent FinTech payments firm Ripple has announced a strategy that it believes will ultimately make its blockchain more decentralized than Bitcoin.

Ripple’s technology chief Stefan Thomas has revealed a three-point strategy toward making Ripple’s blockchain, the Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL), more secure, efficient and decentralized than Bitcoin.

In a blog published today, Thomas stated:

A key benchmark that we aim to achieve is to become more decentralized than Bitcoin, which at the time of writing is 51% controlled by just five mining pools. This means the largest five pools working together could achieve a 51% attack and reverse transactions (double spend) at will. For Ethereum, this number is even lower: only three pools are needed for a takeover.

Created in 2012, the RCL was developed as an enterprise-ready public blockchain – in contrast to bitcoin – geared for banks and payment providers to process cross-border payments. The RCL also serves as the root ledger for XRP, Ripple’s native digital asset.

Ripple has fielded criticism from the crypto community since its release, with the most common accusation of being a centralized network.

For its part, the decentralization of the Ripple blockchain was a process that began ‘right at its inception’, according to Thomas. “We intentionally haven’t rushed the process and have been making continuous progress all along.”

The path toward decentralization is now a priority, as Ripple ropes in more customers in banks and payment providers around the world, underlining the need to diversify the validator nodes to form a more robust and resilient blockchain.

The strategy involves three fundamental steps.

First, is Ripple’s foray to diversify the validator nodes on the blockchain. “Today, RCL has 25 validator nodes running, but continuing to grow and diversify this list of recommended validator operators is a priority for us,” wrote Thomas. The ultimate aim is to further avoid the risk of a single point of failure, with diversification of nodes across several geographical locations and software platforms.

Secondly, Ripple will recruit attested validators to the network. It will monitor new validators joining the current set of 25 nodes, checking their performance on “consensus agreement rate, uptime, verification of identity and public attestation.”

Finally, Ripple will add attested validators to its Unique Node Lists (UNLs). A UNL is a list of transaction validator nodes that are seen as ‘trusted’ validating nodes operated by Ripple. The company’s plan is to phase out the nodes it controls, replacing them with attested third-party validators until no single operator controls a majority of trusted nodes on the blockchain.

“Over the course of the next 18 months, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the RCL,” Thomas revealed.

He further stated:

To match Bitcoin, RCL would need just 16 trusted validators. Add more, and the number of tolerable faults increases accordingly. In other words, RCL will not just meet, but exceed the decentralization level of other public blockchains.

The Ripple executive also contends that Ripple has the upper hand on Bitcoin due to the way the blockchains reach consensus. Thomas claimed that Ripple validators are less likely to be malicious or attacked successfully since they are chosen on ‘merit’. Unlike Bitcoin validators, chosen based on their proof-of-work (PoW) mining.

“Bitcoin chooses validators solely based on their mining power, which actually deincentivizes security,” Thomas wrote. “Security measures cost money, but don’t improve on the speed of mining.”

Earlier this year, Ripple laid claim to match the transaction output of Visa, the world’s largest payments network with 70k transactions at an average time of 3.7 seconds.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ripple-unveils-strategy-become-decentralized-bitcoin/
woaaa Shocked Shocked

Hmm. Up to now I am still undecided if I will take my capital or hold my gains or just hodl it all. Too much Ripple haters as I can see including some of my friends.  Shocked Roll Eyes
regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:44:45 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2017, 05:02:05 AM by regexlove

So please let us know, which coin YOU prefer.
And if there is one, your opinion up there is worthless.
Because NO coin should have your trust.
Even the highly volatile BTC in the mangle of a thumb civil war fighting mass is nothing for you.
When this here is comedy, you are the best comedian of all...

obviously don't buy a specific single coin because of a pump thread.
to be saver you can buy a bit of each coin that you like,  in a time that the current bubble seems over and before the next bubble starts.

i would still suggest looking up the value of the SWIFT for example.
Crypto has potential to multiply in value, but nothing will grow unlimited, you cant surpass the maximum potential.
It is also very unlikely that all the extra billions of marketcap are sustainable, when ripple was almost 30 times cheaper just a few weeks ago.  
but If you care for the long run, to hold for years, then you have plenty of time to wait for the right moment to buy and then it wont be an advantage to you if they lock up market cap now and fixed distribution schemes are easier to expect
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:19:01 AM

Is there a reason why Ripple isn't on Yobit?
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:31:36 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 04:54:36 AM by f0rmdeep

Because Ripple does something that no other cryptocurrency does.

It is taking a share of SWIFT's load. Even an extremely conservative 3% SWIFT load (that is 300 Billion USD by the way) moving on RCL/xrp/rccloud would mean XRP will have to be between 2 to 4 USD to be liquid and act as counter party free collateral. additional value helps re-conciliation.

now that's not that hard to get is it? .. anyways ..Go figure !

and the speed Ripple is moving with partnerships, i woudl say its going to bite a lot more then the tiny 3% i mentioned for calculation.

#PS Warning to other: btw @regexlove,  @leopard2 and few more .. are well known Ripple haters. Before taking anything they say seriously, look up every word they type, and read and verify, chances are everything they say will be a lie. something they troll openly, other times they come uninvited to threads like this and deceptively leave remarks.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 03:47:36 AM

xrp is rising constantly cent per cent its not much be seem to be getting there already. if we talk about marketcap, xrp has it than those hundreds of coins trying to climb up the ladder.  the last time i've bought some of xrp was the time when its price was $0.08. i thought it won't rise up to $0.22, good thing i hold on to it.
CryptoMensch

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 04:28:59 AM

I hope this pushes the price way up, I am holding

BANCOR
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:40:27 AM

xrp is rising constantly cent per cent its not much be seem to be getting there already. if we talk about marketcap, xrp has it than those hundreds of coins trying to climb up the ladder.  the last time i've bought some of xrp was the time when its price was $0.08. i thought it won't rise up to $0.22, good thing i hold on to it.
XRP is currently playing at 2nd and 3rd spots competing with eth. But i think eth will still prevail, I see that XRP price surge up atm because of the future listing on Bithumb, Koreas biggest exchange, but I honestly think it should not rise that much high because of that only. Its a hype in my opinion, which people is having a FOMO effect.
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:14:19 AM

xrp is rising constantly cent per cent its not much be seem to be getting there already. if we talk about marketcap, xrp has it than those hundreds of coins trying to climb up the ladder.  the last time i've bought some of xrp was the time when its price was $0.08. i thought it won't rise up to $0.22, good thing i hold on to it.
XRP is currently playing at 2nd and 3rd spots competing with eth. But i think eth will still prevail, I see that XRP price surge up atm because of the future listing on Bithumb, Koreas biggest exchange, but I honestly think it should not rise that much high because of that only. Its a hype in my opinion, which people is having a FOMO effect.

check the money flow, 83% fiat flowing into XRP ... not BTC & crypto money . traditional market players are entering, and this is just a beginning. Even if 3% of Stocks markets cash moves in as investment you are talking high numbers - and top cryptos to benefit are eth and xrp and few other with BTC.

as i said earlier Even an extremely conservative 3% SWIFT load (that is 300 Billion USD by the way) moving on RCL/xrp/rccloud would mean XRP will have to be between 2 to 4 USD to be liquid and act as counter party free collateral. additional value helps re-conciliation.

Bayu01

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:09:51 AM

When price 1 Ripple (XRP) can $1 USD ?
SoMuchDerp

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:00:10 AM

Because Ripple does something that no other cryptocurrency does.

It is taking a share of SWIFT's load. Even an extremely conservative 3% SWIFT load (that is 300 Billion USD by the way) moving on RCL/xrp/rccloud would mean XRP will have to be between 2 to 4 USD to be liquid and act as counter party free collateral. additional value helps re-conciliation.

now that's not that hard to get is it? .. anyways ..Go figure !

and the speed Ripple is moving with partnerships, i woudl say its going to bite a lot more then the tiny 3% i mentioned for calculation.

#PS Warning to other: btw @regexlove,  @leopard2 and few more .. are well known Ripple haters. Before taking anything they say seriously, look up every word they type, and read and verify, chances are everything they say will be a lie. something they troll openly, other times they come uninvited to threads like this and deceptively leave remarks.

You are so full of shit. At best XRP will be used as a bridge. You just spew shit without backing it up with any sources.

Here is the 2016 case that Ripple makes to banks to use XRP:

https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf

They have moved on too a new proposal that doesn't even mention XRP:

https://ripple.com/files/ripple_solutions_guide.pdf

Their main site still presents a case for it to be used as a bridge but even acknowledges that XRP is not needed:

https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/

chikiuso

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:02:05 AM

XRP did awesome job, from long term sub 500-1000 sat to 14k sat. It will go up significantly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: