Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:20:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202421 times)
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

TO SUMOKOIN DEVELOPERS & COMMUNITY

With high likelihood privacy coins will be included in upcoming regulations, restricting their potential use via different measures and policies (e.g. only exchanges w/o privacy coins allowed in the country, etc).

I believe SUMOKOIN needs to be proactive and commit publicly to measures which ensure its coins are not abused for illicit activities. As I lack technical expertise I cannot suggest what this could look like. Perhaps offering full collaboration to provide information to Authorities from which sources (e.g. numbers of ETH or Bitcoin accounts) the SUMOKOINs were acquired from and how much could be enough to trace back to the origin where there is reasonable suspect of illicit activity. Perhaps 100% privacy within SUMOKOIN network transactions, but transparency if requested towards the outside would be the solution. As said, I lack expertise to suggest something which is acceptable for the SUMOKOIN philosophy, technically possible and politically reassuring.

I do consider having experience and insight into regulatory and policy processes and mindsets, hence I am convinced that you should think about the above and propose collaborative solutions for Authorities / Regulators. Doing so will significantly de-risk your project and create value to the SUMOKOIN Community. Don’t only focus on technically advancing your product, invest energy now to ensure there will be a fruitful environment for it to prosper. Take my advice and act now.

Food for thought.

Blockchain is fully public, everybody is free to search there and find nothing useful in sumo case.. the regulation is a matter of exchanges, they have to be compliant is some manner but SUMO is following the right of each person to have financial freedom without being controled by governments or other 3th parties.. anyway you can always withdraw from exchange to a ghost address..SmileySmileySmiley and even if centralized exchanges will not list, or stop listing privacy coins there are several interesting decentralised exchanges like bisq...

and last remark, you should also write to European Central Bank and President of the US of A, that they have to make sure that EURO and DOLLAR are not used "illicit" activity
kesany

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:08:09 PM

so where is the new roadmap?

why is this coin always diping slowly after a pump?

after hype pump is a market correction
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

With high likelihood privacy coins will be included in upcoming regulations, restricting their potential use via different measures and policies (e.g. only exchanges w/o privacy coins allowed in the country, etc).

I believe SUMOKOIN needs to be proactive and commit publicly to measures which ensure its coins are not abused for illicit activities. As I lack technical expertise I cannot suggest what this could look like. Perhaps offering full collaboration to provide information to Authorities from which sources (e.g. numbers of ETH or Bitcoin accounts) the SUMOKOINs were acquired from and how much could be enough to trace back to the origin where there is reasonable suspect of illicit activity. Perhaps 100% privacy within SUMOKOIN network transactions, but transparency if requested towards the outside would be the solution. As said, I lack expertise to suggest something which is acceptable for the SUMOKOIN philosophy, technically possible and politically reassuring.

I do consider having experience and insight into regulatory and policy processes and mindsets, hence I am convinced that you should think about the above and propose collaborative solutions for Authorities / Regulators. Doing so will significantly de-risk your project and create value to the SUMOKOIN Community. Don’t only focus on technically advancing your product, invest energy now to ensure there will be a fruitful environment for it to prosper. Take my advice and act now.

Food for thought.

You have experience and insight...?!?! You don't understand a fucking thing.

d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:26:13 AM

Food for thought.

It would defeat the purpose of cryptos this way. This doesn't make sense.

Dek!

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:31:57 AM

SUMO is one of the coins I believe and invested in. Will you be releasing mobile wallet, for iOS or Android?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:42:15 AM

Two nooby questions, what is happening with the price of Bitcoins and how does it affect us?
Thanks. Smiley
When the price of bitcoin start falling intensively people get panicked and start selling bitcoins as they are afraid that they could lose money. In this way they start also exchange  other crypto to bitcoins because this is the only way to get FIAT money, you cant sell sumo for dollars, first you have to exchange it to bitcoins. In this way all cryptos are getting down in price. This is how it works and this is what we see now!

completely agree.. time to buy ladies and gentlemen..
Yeah, I wish I had some money left to buy right now in this bear market. It looks like a good opportunity to get your portfolio filled with cheap coins.
bitcoin prices down mostly are panic to sell, because fear if it keeps coming down
but some are going to buy, for those who have bitcoin hold is best way

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:13:08 AM

Food for thought.
They developers better take care of these privacy and money laundry issues, because once authorities will decide to regulate (it will be very soon) crypto currency usage, all these "privacy, fuck the banks and government coins" will not be worth 1/10 of the electricity they are traveling on.
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:14:18 AM

Two nooby questions, what is happening with the price of Bitcoins and how does it affect us?
Thanks. Smiley
When the price of bitcoin start falling intensively people get panicked and start selling bitcoins as they are afraid that they could lose money. In this way they start also exchange  other crypto to bitcoins because this is the only way to get FIAT money, you cant sell sumo for dollars, first you have to exchange it to bitcoins. In this way all cryptos are getting down in price. This is how it works and this is what we see now!

completely agree.. time to buy ladies and gentlemen..
Yeah, I wish I had some money left to buy right now in this bear market. It looks like a good opportunity to get your portfolio filled with cheap coins.
bitcoin prices down mostly are panic to sell, because fear if it keeps coming down
but some are going to buy, for those who have bitcoin hold is best way
Yeah right.... holding the bags for you.
Dream on!
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:16:31 AM

Food for thought.

It would defeat the purpose of cryptos this way. This doesn't make sense.
When authorities will begin blocking exchanges and mining pools web sites access, you will see that what he/she says will began to make a lot of sense to you too and all the believers.
herome2

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:26:29 AM

As Monero's fork currency, sumo's price is only 1/40 of Monero, BTC: BCH = 6: 1
itslukebenz

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

SUMO is one of the coins I believe and invested in. Will you be releasing mobile wallet, for iOS or Android?

There's already an Android wallet out there. You'll find it on Google Play.

As Monero's fork currency, sumo's price is only 1/40 of Monero, BTC: BCH = 6: 1

Surely there are huge differences though, don't you think?
BTC-BCH:
-Same team
-Almost identical name
-No marketing needed
-Instantly gets listed on exchanges
-It's literally a hard fork of the bitcoin blockchain.

XMR-SUMO:
-Different team
-Different name
-New coin, new brand
-No easy way to exchanges as such
-New blockchain (Sumo devs forked XMR's code, not the blockchain.)
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:54:16 AM

An android wallet was released a few weeks ago.

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
sereneticelectrons

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

When authorities will begin blocking exchanges and mining pools web sites access, you will see that what he/she says will began to make a lot of sense to you too and all the believers.

I believe it, I just don't see how this effects privacy coins, it's not as if authoritative entities bearing down on crypto was not forseen, that is the whole point of privacy coins, they will adapt with ease no matter how strong the pressure..It seems BitTorrent and TOR still run strong despite endless attempts to end them.

Centralized exchanges are temporary, in the near future decentralized exchanges will be the norm.  P2P Mining has existed for some time, mining pools are not necessary, they are just convenient. 
tryer12

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:56:27 AM

Any news about new exchanges that I missed? I see someone wrote about HitBTC in reddit.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:31:31 PM

so where is the new roadmap?

why is this coin always diping slowly after a pump?

after hype pump is a market correction

It's still pretty big corrections though. Really goes up and down like a rollarcoaster!

bugatsinho

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:33:08 PM

there is already android mobile wallet!
ios it will take a little more longer!
happytrees7

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:41:19 PM

what is the difference btw total supply and max supply?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sumokoin/

it says,

Total Supply
11,715,950 SUMO
Max Supply
88,888,888 SUMO

any ideas guys?? Huh

tryer12

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:20:09 PM

what is the difference btw total supply and max supply?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sumokoin/

it says,

Total Supply
11,715,950 SUMO
Max Supply
88,888,888 SUMO

any ideas guys?? Huh

Total coins are the total number of coins mined by a certain period in time ( now ) .
Max supply meaning the maximum number of coins that can be mined.
crypto-sr

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:02:27 PM

Hello everyone - this is not a FUD post, however, it does intend to open an important dialogue for everyone that doesn't actively read the subreddit.
In a nutshell, 7m Sumos are unlocked in 2020 by the devs, meaning that they will control 25% of all coins.

The post I'm referencing can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sumokoin/comments/7rb9qz/dear_core_team_can_we_talk_about_the_7million/

I'll also copy and paste it below for reference:

edit: I've gotten a couple replies saying "email the PR team" or "take it to telegram and away from here" -- aka calls for silence. What's wrong with you guys? Sumo is about transparency. I think we were above blind pumping.

Edit 2: I'd like a rational explanation from the devs for why the vesting schedule is 600k, 900k, 7.2 million. That's 1.5x from year 1-2, and 8x from 2-3. I like the vesting. But it should be a decreasing scale, not increasing. See edit 3 for why.

Edit 3: something else about premines - when done up front, each coin sold by the devs to fund development is sold at a low price per coin. This is the opposite. These coins will be sold at a high price per coin when development is less necessary. Can anyone explain why that method was selected?

I think we need to have a conversion guys.

I'm glad & relieved the team has started an open dialogue about the coins being released this summer (see here: https://medium.com/sumokoin/spring-plan-2018-9d0218c8db40). That's awesome. But I'm more concerned about the 7,200,000 SUMOs that will be released to the team in July 2020. Assuming a price per SUMO in 2020 to be $100/sumo, that's $720,000,000 - almost a billion dollars.

Did you know that? The release schedule of coins to the team is as follows:

July 2018: 600,000 coins

July 2019: 900,000 coins

July 2020: 7,200,000 coins

Community Concern

When those 7,200,000 coins unleash, the core team will hold 25% of all coins in circulation on that date. The expected total number of coins as of blockheight 416581 (the release trigger, estimated July 2020) is approximately ~28.9 million coins. I'll post the code below to calculate. This is the opposite of decentralization and extremely concerning to me. In the best case scenario, SUMO acts like a bank and sells tokens to the public. At the worst, they pocket the billion dollars. I trust the devs but avarice is unpredictable and we have no way of knowing who will be part of the team in 2020.

Re Sumo's approach to pre-mine: When I first heard 10%, I thought they got 10% up front or something to speed the coin up. That's wrong of course. It's 10% of the total coins when all is said and done and they got none up front. That's cool. And 10% of total coins is a fair premine. Total coins = 88,888,888, total to SUMO = 8,888,888.

I didn't realize the 88,888,888 coins would be mined 20 years from genesis aka in 2037. So that "10% of Final" is more accurately described as "25% Pre-Mine 3 years from launch."

This is not the point of premines. Premines are designed to be used up-front to spur development, pay devs, etc. Instead, the community is spurring development and offering to help raise community funds to get onto exchanges. I like the premine with vesting, but this is the wrong execution. We are suffering slow take-off, doing the work that is supposed to be done by the premine that will release in 2020

Fast forward. At this point, I incorrectly thought that they would receive those ~9 million over the life of the coin. Turns out no. While the 10% is calculated on coins mined by 2037, they get those coins 3 years into SUMO's launch.

Pre-Mine Analysis

The point of a premine is to accelerate development. It is not and has never been to line the pockets of developers. And I'm not saying that is what SUMO intends at all -- in fact, I suspect they'd do the opposite. But to my point, a premine as late as 2020, when SUMO coin is either clearly a success or failure, is pointless. At that stage it does just reward the developers. there's no way in hell 700 million dollars of funding are needed at that stage. Can you even imagine what injecting 7 million SUMOs into the market would do? Mass inflationary panic.

In short, I'm glad the devs posted an update because it is the perfect trigger to open a discussion about SUMO's future. And we need to have this convo NOW, while the community is small and nimble, the devs are accessible, and we are NOT on other exchanges. Frankly it just looks bad. And with bigger exposure, it'll get torn apart as a scam coin / fraud.

TLDR

We deserve to be informed what is going to happen with those 7 million coins released in 2020, in a secure decentralized manner, one where SUMO is not suddenly a bank holding nearly a billion dollars in assets, way ahead of time.

Wallet 1:

Address: SumonzyoAnidrp3B6WhbntJLRJsPRD7LiSd2e5HjRV9h6qWj6ia2ihgRXn8ZwmwfQgZ1mL9EkcsBcEL L4h84v1yhMF9opLgjM1j Viewkey: e6e58faa93dba88315f67f53cba9413ebf0f423badb62696aa28ce6c0db2df00 Locked amount: 600,000 -- Until height#: 153600 (July 2018)

Wallet 2:

Address: SumonzyopdC7egt7MWhJcNfR3ktmfWqPNcu3Sb9aejAZ48W4a1ZW95vjXyQDuLLg2gSN8GkP3474R2w Rr1h9ggy2BUHhbrLJJ51 Viewkey: 25ba5fa5abb5f99962754001ff631e01684f9a59871d798a20a1658ba31c950c Locked amount: 900,000 -- Until height#: 285091 (July 2019)

Wallet 3:

Address: SumonzyoK3hCffFQ8djaKZhokmPZsiuEaeLfEtnJfTXVQV3ce3mNHKHQ5kYLPVfNMsS7dhmyHihvhfK U6xXCrmaL4RVDo8eR3gB Viewkey: 1a8c55e52f7f80da3dfd2eadf71a74afb3242c20168ad888b57f483dbc38b00e Locked amount: 1,100,000 -- Until height#: 416581 (July 2020)

Dev Wallet:

Address: Sumoo4aMxWbLgqVazxbiNNFSDyhBEonRf99KmceTEnYUCWUQR2gXF1617P8xQxaMcGi5BAU7juzThST boV6e1gitSjkfjq2zgY2 Viewkey: e12497b6dc6c2cbaf7b311e54b93e4e5f6367acda69a49f9ef20c51d9c689f00 Locked amount: 6,100,000 -- Until height#: 416581 (July 2020)

sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:45:23 PM

Hello everyone - this is not a FUD post, however, it does intend to open an important dialogue for everyone that doesn't actively read the subreddit.

We all knew about the premine from day 1, its your decision to invest or not. There is nothing to discuss about it. If you are thinking of hodling till 2020 and you are afraid of the premine dump a month before it is released. What you are doing is pure fud cause you are stating something that is already known and nobody forced you to invest on sumokoin

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: