Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:02:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202421 times)
sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:04:34 AM

A personal note now that the dust has settled and we are dealing with the aftermath of yesterday's events.

We should credit Monero core dev community the fact that they justify our frustration and have expressed their clear and in writing disagreement (on reddit / links available in private) with the course of action taken by a solitary Monero code contributor concerning our github repo DMCA takedown.

He was legally right but his actions place a dark cloud above any open source project and a fear to all developers that their repo could be shut down for unintentionally misstating the open source copyright notices without prior developer to developer communication. (we have stated all over, since day 1, that Sumokoin is a Monero fork, both here and on our repo so our intentions cannot be challenged)

It's up to core Monero Project collaborators though to regulate their community and protect the open source spirit.

Despite our various disagreements and despite the slander exchanged between both communities, there is a clearly expressed and agreed will for coexistance and better official communication in the future and on all subjects

In the meantime, we move on as per schedule
Regarding the repo, I personally see three options
1.  We stay on gitlab and continue development there
2. The takedown is lifted and we reinstate our previous repo
3. We make a new repo on github since now our open source copyright notices are amended

LilBitcoin

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:10:59 AM

I already bought 3K new sumo, this just shows how scared Monero is, now SUMO community is stronger than ever.
BOSS2220

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 10:16:23 AM

I already bought 3K new sumo, this just shows how scared Monero is, now SUMO community is stronger than ever.
Good! But how will apprehend other coin investors unclear. The coin rate continues to fall
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:16:38 AM

Hey, can someone please explain what may be the consequence for Sumo regarding this DMCA file?

No consequences at all. It's a formal issue that I assume will be fixed soon.
It just demonstrated toxicity and corporate approach of monero development. It would be no wonder if people run away from such a hostile coin to an alternatives like sumo&co that are true open-source.

This idiotic approach monero demonstrated show its fear. The whole thing could have been discussed via email. Are they afraid of quality forks? Aeon that is a copycat and has one but the only dev is coming from monero, therefore no prob although it's code and copyright is a mess.. Now bytecoin will behave in a same way and block monero? I seriously don't get this..
My 2 cents - open-source was a vehicle for crypto launch but as soon as money came to play people are behaving like asses and are forgetting that code is free and everyone can use it, enhance and share.. Kids, don't take the game so seriously. You can't escape alive Wink

Stop blaming other projects if you did the wrong thing... doesn't matter if things could have been resolved via email, issue or whatever ... THING IS THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BE AN ISSUE AT ALL... abide the rules and give copyright where its due ...

As you copy&pasted everything else, why didn't you just add a file for Sumocoin and let the old stuff as it was ... you even deleted cryptonote-devs out ... they could blame you too... stop attacking the messenger
I see you stealthily deleted the cryptonote mention

1. Cryptonote copyright was always there check the code again. (# Parts of this file are originally copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers) - And since it was there all the time sumoshi didnt mention it on his post
2. Well obviously it doesnt matter to you monero devs that these things can be resolved via issue on git or email. Like this poor guy did
when you unintentionaly infringed his code when Monero was still a young coin https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/108
3. A claimant is not a messanger, a claimant is a claimant

Edit: I ve just stealthily deleted the irony Smiley

I checked gitlab too, so i decided to delete the cryptonote message.

2. someone was contacted in your telegram, that guy should have known how to reach out to you. So some sort of contact was done... and like i said elsewhere ... you only had to add your credentials below... README.md was a Copy&Paste Job ... and you ACTIVELY altered that copy&paste thing... you could just have added your copyright below what already was in that README.md . Also defending with another wrong doesn't make ones wrong better... thats kindergarten reasoning.

sumogr

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:26:29 AM

Hey, can someone please explain what may be the consequence for Sumo regarding this DMCA file?

It just demonstrated toxicity and corporate approach of monero development. It would be no wonder if people run away from such a hostile coin to an alternatives like sumo&co that are true open-source.

This idiotic approach monero demonstrated show its fear. The whole thing could have been discussed via email. Are they afraid of quality forks? Aeon that is a copycat and has one but the only dev is coming from monero, therefore no prob although it's code and copyright is a mess.. Now bytecoin will behave in a same way and block monero? I seriously don't get this..
My 2 cents - open-source was a vehicle for crypto launch but as soon as money came to play people are behaving like asses and are forgetting that code is free and everyone can use it, enhance and share.. Kids, don't take the game so seriously. You can't escape alive Wink

Stop blaming other projects if you did the wrong thing... doesn't matter if things could have been resolved via email, issue or whatever ... THING IS THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BE AN ISSUE AT ALL... abide the rules and give copyright where its due ...

As you copy&pasted everything else, why didn't you just add a file for Sumocoin and let the old stuff as it was ... you even deleted cryptonote-devs out ... they could blame you too... stop attacking the messenger

1. Cryptonote copyright was always there check the code again. (# Parts of this file are originally copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers) - And since it was there all the time sumoshi didnt mention it on his post
2. Well obviously it doesnt matter to you monero devs that these things can be resolved via issue on git or email. Like this poor guy did
when you unintentionaly infringed his code when Monero was still a young coin https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/108

2. someone was contacted in your telegram, that guy should have known how to reach out to you. So some sort of contact was done... and like i said elsewhere ... you only had to add your credentials below... README.md was a Copy&Paste Job ... and you ACTIVELY altered that copy&paste thing... you could just have added your copyright below what already was in that README.md . Also defending with another wrong doesn't make ones wrong better... thats kindergarten reasoning.

1. ok about this no hard feelings

2. A random guy who picked up a conversation on Monero's irc indeed alerted by making a post on telegram but like any other coin's telegram channel there is a rate of 1000/hour "when lambo" and "when moon" posts so actual info is hard to be processed there. The actual contributor that filed the report alerted noone neither by opening an issue like its standard practice in open source or at least send an email to the email address mentioned on our repo. Indeed it was just a copy paste job and we would have immediately done it if we were informed properly like we did already. Such things and mistakes happen every day in open source developing and 99.999% of the time are solved amicably via proper dev to dev communication.
I am glad that the core Monero community justifies our frustration and we totaly agree with the suggestion to open official communication channels to avoid such issues in the future.
Despite the things that separate us and the overzealous community's slandering (which is a normal thing) there are more things that connect us. So lets move on

roberval123

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

1. ok about this no hard feelings

2. A random guy who picked up a conversation on Monero's irc indeed alerted by making a post on telegram but like any other coin's telegram channel there is a rate of 1000/hour "when lambo" and "when moon" posts so actual info is hard to be processed there. The actual contributor that filed the report alerted noone neither by opening an issue like its standard practice in open source or at least send an email to the email address mentioned on our repo. Indeed it was just a copy paste job and we would have immediately done it if we were informed properly like we did already. Such things and mistakes happen every day in open source developing and 99.999% of the time are solved amicably via proper dev to dev communication.
I am glad that the core Monero community justifies our frustration and we totaly agree with the suggestion to open official communication channels to avoid such issues in the future.
Despite the things that separate us and the overzealous community's slandering (which is a normal thing) there are more things that connect us. So lets move on

Time to forge our own future now. Why stay in the shadows of Monero? The community has grown to the extent that if desired, we could take a different route going forward.
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:14:38 PM

We are about to do that exact thing at the moment.

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
hellbender

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

Sumokoin will only come back stronger than before, clearly differentiated from XMR. Dust will settle and we move on!
CyberTrader

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:14:01 PM

DMCA Takedown to Sumokoin Github

Guys, as you may already know, in an sudden move, a dev from The Monero Project filed a DMCA to take down Sumokoin's git hosted at Github without prior notice.

To meet the requirements, we'd already amended copyright notices but they disagreed with some copyright dates where we only add the copyright notices to files we had modified as follows:

Copyright (c) 2017, SUMOKOIN
Copyright (c) 2014 - 2017, The Monero Project

Please note that we'd referred to "The Monero Project" at all files before, yet that appeared not enough to some devs there. While they have the right to correct copyright claim at any file they contributed code to, we expected a different approach to resolve disputes (via Issue submission or direct emailing to our devs). DMCA takedown should be the last one to do, I believe, especially for a project under a liberal license and having some noble missions.

For now, we temporarily moved our source code to GitLab: https://gitlab.com/Sumoprojects/sumokoin

The case is being discussed by community at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7tboly/can_we_get_a_clarification_from_monero_devs_on/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Break all ties with Monero.

And make an official announcement

Maybe, SUMOKOIN Dev should wonder why the Monero Project have taken this step. You can't pretend to be the author and hope nothing happens.
As 99.9 % is copyright Monero, they are right to demand that. Copyright is MONERO, especially on the files SUMOKOIN DEV never touched. It always comes
back and bites you in the ...
Germining

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

Enough now! We talk about a formal mistake here. Not no credits at all!

Don't give people the impression there was no credit. This is wrong.

CyberTrader

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Enough now! We talk about a formal mistake here. Not no credits at all!

Don't give people the impression there was no credit. This is wrong.

Absolutely, SUMOKOIN dev have repeatedly emphasized that SUMOKOIN is based on MONERO. I agree with you there.
It wasn't my intention to "create" that impression. It's just a formal matter and they shouldn't have changed the copyright notice
in violation of the license.
Germining

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:43:57 PM

They should have done better, there's no way around it... But imho: It is a small issue. It was made big with the takedown of the repo. If it was done by issue, nobody would talk about it now. We will move on. The year has just begun  Wink

roberval123

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:40:52 AM

Devs,

Can we work on a new roadmap for 2018?
d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:32:28 AM

Devs,

There's all other issue here and you are still on with roadmap? It will come when it is ready.

Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:35:49 AM

Regardless of how the community feels about it, the individual from Monero had every right to do what he did. As for those yapping about this aiding sumo to escape monero's shadow Grin stop it. Sumokoin will always be under Monero's shadow just as PIVX will always be under Dash. Regardless of how much you grow, you will always be your father's son.

Just be happy with the free publicity.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
oddsig

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:10:47 PM

Devs,

Have you read this? https://medium.com/sumokoin/spring-plan-2018-9d0218c8db40

I'm sure the roadmap on sumokoin.org will be updated soon. The devs have probably been buisy with curveballs Smiley
CyberTrader

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:47:10 PM

You devs might wanna get behind the monero block 202612 issue. Electroneum just created a pull request to fix it. You may as well just copy their approach.
From what I have seen (remaining gitlab repository), the unnecessary code is still there. It's best fixed before a mass panic breaks out. And yes...there is plenty of time.

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/pull/119

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/pull/120
sumogr

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:10:22 PM

You devs might wanna get behind the monero block 202612 issue. Electroneum just created a pull request to fix it. You may as well just copy their approach.
From what I have seen (remaining gitlab repository), the unnecessary code is still there. It's best fixed before a mass panic breaks out. And yes...there is plenty of time.

Core devs have fixed the first from day 1 and the second will never happen cause Sumokoin has a different genesis_hash from Monero
The check code will be removed though just to clean up and avoid further confusion
So no worries there! However thank you for notifying!

CyberTrader

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:02:34 PM

Core devs have fixed the first from day 1 and the second will never happen cause Sumokoin has a different genesis_hash from Monero
The check code will be removed though just to clean up and avoid further confusion
So no worries there! However thank you for notifying!

No worries...thx for the quick reply.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:55:29 PM

Regardless of how the community feels about it, the individual from Monero had every right to do what he did. As for those yapping about this aiding sumo to escape monero's shadow Grin stop it. Sumokoin will always be under Monero's shadow just as PIVX will always be under Dash. Regardless of how much you grow, you will always be your father's son.

Just be happy with the free publicity.
Agree, but they can both cooperate pretty nice. Not like with ETN Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: