Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 04:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How advertising with bitcoin transactions spam works?  (Read 250 times)
Evan_Rush (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:41:14 AM

Hello, folks!

I'm researching the topic of ad spam with bitcoin transactions (no, I'm not planning to do this shit).
The idea looks simple enough anв suitable for some shady gambling businesses. One collects and filters out blockchain and sends satoshi with a text ad message attached to the chosen bitcoin addresses.
But I did not find any sufficient information regarding this topic. Only a couple of articles back from 2014 or so, when someone tried to parse bitcoin addressess here on forum to send satoshi with ad message.

Have some of you faced this kind of ads?

Are there any services to provide transaction ad spam?

Why is it not popular (or am I wrong)?

Are there network limitations to prevent it?

Links and personal experience are appreciated.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Hello, folks!

I'm researching the topic of ad spam with bitcoin transactions (no, I'm not planning to do this shit).
The idea looks simple enough anв suitable for some shady gambling businesses. One collects and filters out blockchain and sends satoshi with a text ad message attached to the chosen bitcoin addresses.
But I did not find any sufficient information regarding this topic. Only a couple of articles back from 2014 or so, when someone tried to parse bitcoin addressess here on forum to send satoshi with ad message.

Have some of you faced this kind of ads?

Are there any services to provide transaction ad spam?

Why is it not popular (or am I wrong)?

Are there network limitations to prevent it?

Links and personal experience are appreciated.

Transaction fees have risen a lot over the past couple of years. For example, it might cost you a dollar today to send a transaction. Spam works only when the cost per transaction is low. We wouldn't get as many spam emails if emails were chargeable.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: