Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:01:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polybius bank it is a scam?  (Read 12737 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:47:20 AM

We can't predict nor say for so early that they are are scam since we doesn't have any strong evidence to point them up so if people are having some doubts about this project well might better if they dig some information that can help their cause and maybe they can find some real info behind on this project.

This. Also, I want to point out that a Bitcoin bank just doesn't work. Once you claim to be a bank, you start getting into regulation. Regulation is what has made it so hard to use fiat for so many things. So by essence, if you become a "Bitcoin bank," you're not offering anything that isn't already available through cash. It's just a matter of time.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
pivix

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:55:19 PM

I'd say it's legit. they even show themself on facebook on webinars and so on.. They would play with fire if they start scamming Smiley
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:09:44 PM

- No company information
- They have listed down different name under In cooperation with but haven't heard anything about polybius from any of them
- Looks like another project with big promises distributing ethereum based token, so just make deep research before making any investment.

This one, a company that does not have information, nor Address and just return an email to contact them is one of the red flag.  Though  it was stated in the previous post that they are associated with hashcoins is another red flag.  Though it is early to say that they are here to scam people, I would take caution and do a research before investing in this project.
vlad_x

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:09:01 PM

they do have some information. At least they seem to be registered in Estonia with something similar to "Ltd." where the starting capital is about 2.5k. Euro under the names first two guys in their page.
Their address is referring to HashCoins.

I am very new to all this crypto-currency things, so probably I have some good deal of misunderstanding of it. Anyhow, biggest red flag for me would be that after reading their site I still have no idea what are they going to offer.
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:59:32 PM

Polybius is a project based in Estonia, which is an antibitcoin and antycrypto country. The country boasts they are technologically advanced. They are for sure. BUT from a crypto standpoint, I would just stay away. Do not trust them. Estonia is the darling of the EU. They are significantly subsidized. They want to be protected, which is why they do as they say. Polybius is endorsed by the Euro Parliament, which makes this project absurd. They want BTC in exchange for their token (PLBT). In what context? A country which is patently against the crypto space. Take Estonia for all smart technology related initiatives, superfast Internet, digitalization of bureaucracy. BUT crypto is not a thing that Estonia embraces. Polybius may appear to be legit. It is from a legal standpoint. And yet, it is a scam from an intellectual viewpoint, which is quite important, I believe.

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:26:17 PM

ico - check

russians - check

total shitshow or scam?

bingo.

look up neo and bee. that had ambitious banking plans, premises, identifiable people and it blew everyone's money.
Dav7

Activity: 285
Merit: 104

Making Money Online since 2006

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 04:22:18 PM

Don't know about you but I was one of the first investors and got the 25% opportunity Smiley

vlad_x

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:24:25 PM

From all their Q&A and business model description I still don't get how will it be possible to convert their PLxx into Euros. Being able to trade it for whatever crypto-currency on the crypto-markets doesn't make a strong case for investing real cash. But I am pretty new to all this crypto-currency , and perhaps I don't understand some basic things about it, so it looks to me like a typical  bubble.
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:20:36 AM

Not confirmed scam, but as with anything, care for your bitcoins yourself, invest yourself.
It's common to many people who say scam, without fact. Maybe he is tired.
 Grin Grin
kavka3

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:18:27 AM

Looks like a scam!

If there are any Russian speakers, then read this http://happycoin.club/radi-bitkoyna-ostanovite-eto/
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 09:41:29 AM

Their team is part of hashcoin and they had bad feedback given onhere so im wondering if they are truly legit or not since the history could tell how can they act good right now, And im wondering on why Their investor doesn't do some research and they might put their money at risk since This project is totally shaddy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Bitcoinminews

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:27:23 AM

I am not sure about the site, for me what starts wrong goes wrong until it fails, specially if you do not amend it sooner rather than later.

Sure myself tock part in the ICO but now I am having trouble to sign in so now I am waiting for the mentioned message with the code to sign in for a week now.
I can not trust such a thing and the support always get back to me telling me to check my spam and to wait a little bit longer,but not real professional support at all.

Judges yourselves.

I do not trust it at all.

Good luck anyway!CF

Slán!
bapparabi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:24:58 PM

nt sure how this possible as they are saying that in ico they generated till now 9200.519224 BTC which is quite high right now .Bu i can see any proof of it that this amount is invested not tx id or the wallet where this investing ,,

How come still people is investing in this ..this quite high amount if they go out with this fund then also they are millionaire

do you have any proof that this amount is invested or this just show so that more people will invest int his ico
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 01:39:15 PM

It is indeed a 100% scam run by Hashcoins (again):

I found a very interesting recording of a telephone interview with Daniel Haudenschild, who is described as a Partner to Ernst & Young on their website (https://webforms.ey.com/ch/en/industries/financial-services/ey-contact-implementing-new-regulatory-requirements), on Soundcloud dated 6th June 2017, just after this Hashcoins/Polybius ICO scam started. The interviwee is a long time Bitcoin adopter & is very knowledgable in the field - this comes across very clearly in the interview with the questions he asks, which Daniel Haudenschild fails on all fronts to give an answer to.  Have a listen (ignore the first 30 seconds of silly music!):

https://soundcloud.com/junsethsworld/daniel-haudenschild-of-ernst-young-discusses-polybius-ico-6617-1151

There are several points of interest in the interview, here are a few that are relevent to this scam accusation:

1) 04.35 - Hashcoins confirmed as the people behind Polybius.
2) 06.30 - They don't hold a banking license.
3) 07.40 - Daniel Haudenschild admits that even he doesn't know who owns Polybius, which is not only strange coming from an "advisor" who works for Ernst & Young, but is also not disclosed in the white paper.
4) 09.10 - Ernst & Young did NOT endorse Polybius in any way & actions are underway to remove any Ernst & Young connection with Polybius. (*more on this below)
5) 09.30 - Hashcoins are a cludmining brand who sold miners that didn't exist.
6) 09.50 - Emercoin confirmed as partners & are described as a "non-sense project" SmileySmiley (confirming the connection between Polybius, Hashcoins & Emercoin - which Emercoin have tried to deny on multiple occasions, despite me proving to them otherwise)

After the above & for the rest of the interview, Daniel Haudenschild seems unable to properly answer a single question, is often confused into silence & comes across as being pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. He must feel pretty stupid allowing not just himself, but the whole Ernst & Young brand name to be dragged into this whole scammy affair & I wouldn't be at all surprised if he loses his job at Ernst & Young for doing so.....

Wait, what's this?.......**MASSIVE UPDATE**

Daniel Haudenschild lost his job at Ernst & Young......SmileySmiley

FT published a transcript of the above interview:

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/06/07/2189826/building-blockchain-banks-with-icos/    (regtoread)

Updated at the bottom with:

Update (June 8th, 18:43 London time): EY have got in touch to say that “At publication of this story, Daniel Haudenschild is no longer with EY and his comments concerning EY’s Blockchain strategy are incorrect.”

*Ernst & Young have since instructed Polybius to remove all reference of Ernst & Young from the Polybius website & advertising. Polybius removed the Ernst & Young profiles from their website but continue to use it for advertising on various forums, websites & so called "news" outlets on the web:

https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/05/15/swiss-ey-officially-joins-polybius-cryptobank-advisors-ico-follow/

https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/04/25/blockchain-startup-polybius-bank-setup-switzerland-ernst-young-agrees-advise/

If Ernst & Young are prepared to fire anyone who associates their brand with Polybius, I'm pretty sure they will also go after Hashcoins/Polybius too. I hope they do, it will save many people getting ripped of by Hashcoins again, but you can do your bit too by contacting Ernst & Young using the below link (Fraud Investigation):

https://webforms.ey.com/uk/en/services/assurance/fraud-investigation---dispute-services

Let's be honest here, if Polybius are prepared to lie about their association with Ernst & Young then brag about it on the web - what else are they lying about? Add to this the fact that Hashcoins (older crypto users will know about them) are behind all of this & you've got a scam the size of Mt Etna waiting to explode.

Another point to mention here is the OP of the Polybius thread, nixoid, aka: Andrey Zamovskiy, founder of Ambisafe. nixoid has posted many ICO posts lately & I've read reports on most of them being a similar type scam as Polybius. I'm not sure if Ambisafe are connected to Hashcoins/Polybius - but the fact that Ambisafe are promoting them here & on their website is cause enough for concern:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848751.msg19734730#msg19734730

All these scam ICO's are the scurge of crypto. For every legit one, there are 100 scam ones. The sooner we cleanse crypto of them, the better crypto will be for it.

I'm sure I'll get more BS neg-reps from the multitude of Polybius shill accounts (they love posting about it on their thread:)), but I really don't care tbh. I believe that if I can stop one person getting scammed then it's worth it - & the intelligent forum users here will see straight through the false trust anyway.

OK. Bash away Smiley

A bit more:

Hello Hashcoins,

I'm glad my information is forcing you to post a reply, but you seem to have made a few mistakes in your posts. No problem though, I can help you out.

As Daniel represented EY at the time and we agreed on a partnership, we placed their logo on our website. However, now EY and Daniel are parting ways and EY made it clear to us that our agreement was with Daniel, and not with them.

A lie. EY never at any time gave you permission to use their name or logo. Also, EY told you to remove the use of their logo long before they sacked Daniel, as can be clearly heard in the recorded conversation I posted.

We have now broadened our advisory board

Who? More Hashcoins scammers?

We must also state that we are not in a formal relationship with EY at this time.

At this time? You never were or have been, as can be clearly heard in the recorded conversation I posted. Another lie.

Mr. Haudenschild continues to remain a part of our advisory board and we thank him for his continued commitment

Sure he is - he must be really pleased you got him fired & must feel he owes you a great deal....Smiley Advisory board to who? He's already stated that he doesn't have a clue who owns Polybius...lol  I'll contact him & find out.

Right now, we're evaluating other offers from the "Big Four".

More than a lie. Plain BS.

You seem intent on continuing to post lies even after verifiable proof has been presented, both written & recorded. As much as bitcointalk forum users are used to Hashcoins lies, this level of BS is unheardof - even by your standards. Must try harder.

& a bit more:

I hope you're all aware that the Hashcoins crew are behind this ICO.

The same Hashcoins who stole 1000's off of forum members by selling mining hardware that doesn't exist.

free photo hosting

Not a single item delivered.

Then they abandoned their thread:     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417623.msg19333790#msg19333790

The same Hashcoins are doing numerous ICO's on this forum.

image ru

Research & use due diligence before throwing your hard earned cash at these people. If you are comfortable giving your money to these proven scammers, go ahead.

Just a friendly FYI. Good luck.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:53:36 PM

If you will look to their site it seems very real their have so many introductions, description etc. About their program but I wonder if they will end up to be succesfull since probably the main reason why most people are using bitcoin is to keep their money away from bankers or whatsoever Grin anyway we cannot be sure and I won't be able to determine if it is a scam or not since the site and its name isn't sound familliar to me but if your are not going to use their service then why do you have to bother yourself Grin wait until the ICO ends and probably you will be able to find the answer to your question after a few days .
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 06:17:52 PM

Oтличнaя cтaтья для pyccкoгoвopящиx!

http://happycoin.club/radi-bitkoyna-ostanovite-eto/

This guy goes deeper into this scam thab I do!!  SmileySmiley

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
theMiro

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:46:40 PM

ico - check

russians - check

total shitshow or scam?

bingo.

look up neo and bee. that had ambitious banking plans, premises, identifiable people and it blew everyone's money.

everything looks fishy, i agree. but being russian doesnt mean scam automatically. Etherium, Waves are Rus Dev's projects.

▬▬▬▬▬  V I S O || MODERN CRYPTOCURRENCY PAYMENT SYSTEM  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █        Download WHITEPAPER     Download ONE PAGER        █ █
▬▬▬▬▬      Telegram    ●    Youtube    ●    Slack      ▬▬▬▬▬
blackstock

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:20:48 AM

Hi, does some one can prove to me that polybius bank (https://polybius.io/) it is a scam or ponzi scam? With logic, not just saying, It is a fucking scam! bla bla blaa... Thanks!

lol... what the difference of scam or ponzi scam for us?

you have already known it's a fucking scam, right?
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:42:06 AM

Hi, does some one can prove to me that polybius bank (https://polybius.io/) it is a scam or ponzi scam? With logic, not just saying, It is a fucking scam! bla bla blaa... Thanks!

(LMAO) It's fucking scam, The main reason is why are we need the polybius bank? What is the advantages by using it if you can make yourself to be your own bank. The idea doesn't make sense to be applied in crypto.
That just another shit to grab a lot of money
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:56:25 PM

(LMAO) It's fucking scam, The main reason is why are we need the polybius bank? What is the advantages by using it if you can make yourself to be your own bank. The idea doesn't make sense to be applied in crypto.
That just another shit to grab a lot of money

Cries scam cause its a bank. Has Insurance banner and posts about buying into tenx. Your post made me decide to buy more. Only the good projects get this kind of silly FUD. Of course a Bitcoin bank is a great idea, bank backed by Bitcoin...no brainer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: