Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40241 times)
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:06:25 AM

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver to customers for > 165+ Days. It is  a scam!
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 05:11:59 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 05:22:26 AM by Operatr

I won't be ordering anything else from them.

Everything they do is sloppy. Very sloppy. So sloppy they have become my model for what not to do as a company (BlockBurner). Eventually they basically admitted they sold a pile of vaporware as their design was not even fully fleshed out and tested yet, forcing their hand to re-design the whole line at our expense.

I accepted I may never see my investment again when I made the order, but that doesn't give them the right to bend us all over.

I have a Jally coming at some point, but my shipping address is wrong and cannot be edited directly. Customer service emails are going into a black hole (2 weeks with nothing so far).

There is a crew of amateurs under the glossy veneer. I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way about them.

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 05:44:10 AM

idc if they are Tongue still jelly bout the jally

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:29:41 AM

I won't be ordering anything else from them.

Everything they do is sloppy. Very sloppy. So sloppy they have become my model for what not to do as a company (BlockBurner). Eventually they basically admitted they sold a pile of vaporware as their design was not even fully fleshed out and tested yet, forcing their hand to re-design the whole line at our expense.

I accepted I may never see my investment again when I made the order, but that doesn't give them the right to bend us all over.

I have a Jally coming at some point, but my shipping address is wrong and cannot be edited directly. Customer service emails are going into a black hole (2 weeks with nothing so far).

There is a crew of amateurs under the glossy veneer. I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way about them.

+1

Sorry for your pain.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:31:30 AM

If the myriad of small Avalon chip projects start shipping before BFL clears a substantial portion of it's pre-orders, I suspect they will get a lot of cancellations as people want to be mining now, not months down the track. The clock is ticking.

Careful now that would be WILD speculation about VAPOURWARE. I am so glad that you agree with my observations almost point for point on this with regards to BFL and it's shaky future and potential to lose a large portion of the market share in ASICs. The writing is on the wall.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:04:22 AM

... Overall I'm happy with what they delivered and looking forward to what they come up with next.

Ya know, I'm surprise BFL isn't selling quantum computing miners already.  I'll bet a dime to a donut that they would sell the shit out of them.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:28:03 AM

Yep, to be classified as a BFL shill on Bitcointalk, you must:

a) Be rational
b) Be able to evaluate what you read without rage and bias
c) Post according to your evaluation
d) Not be mentally unbalanced

That's the only requirements to be a BFL shill.

Well, there you have it.
You cannot possibly be a BFL shill.
tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:32:22 AM

Warning: BFL has failed to deliver to customers for > 165+ Days. It is  a scam!

What i think in BFL .
peewee

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:33:45 AM

Well I actually feel dumber for having skimmed this entire thread.

As evidence of the afore mentioned increase in my stupidity I'm posting here.

I was unable to find any definitive answers whatsoever in here or anywhere else....

Core Question:

Have we confirmed that this is a legit delivery?

or is this just a bad PR stunt to make it seem like they are actually shipping?

The "we've shipped 20 or 30" quote from BFL smells like spin put on a product still languishing in prototype phase.

.....and my other conclusion:

BFL really needs to hire an actual PR firm and take away Josh's access to the forum.....

Josh: I'm actually dumfounded by your rants...surely you don't suppose you're bolstering support with these petty back-and-forth jabs.   I'm sure you're fringe target client is a zit-faced over indulgent teenage brat but I'd venture to say your target client is far older, mature, affluent, and totally turned off by this kind of rhetoric.  You've lost my future business and you've made the future PR person's job a nightmare.   For your own good send somebody polite, courteous, and amenable to the conference this month and then go find a gym to work out your issues while they do their best not to choke on the foot you've jammed in BFL's mouth.
AlternativeCypt

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:34:19 AM

Yep, to be classified as a BFL shill on Bitcointalk, you must:

a) Be rational
b) Be able to evaluate what you read without rage and bias
c) Post according to your evaluation
d) Not be mentally unbalanced

That's the only requirements to be a BFL shill.

Well, there you have it.
You cannot possibly be a BFL shill.

Not only does A, B, C, and D all essentially revolve around "A", I lol'd at mobodick's response.
tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:36:16 AM

Well I actually feel dumber for having skimmed this entire thread.

As evidence of the afore mentioned increase in my stupidity I'm posting here.

I was unable to find any definitive answers whatsoever in here or anywhere else....

Core Question:

Have we confirmed that this is a legit delivery?

or is this just a bad PR stunt to make it seem like they are actually shipping?

The "we've shipped 20 or 30" quote from BFL smells like spin put on a product still languishing in prototype phase.

.....and my other conclusion:

BFL really needs to hire an actual PR firm and take away Josh's access to the forum.....

Josh: I'm actually dumfounded by your rants...surely you don't suppose you're bolstering support with these petty back-and-forth jabs.   I'm sure you're fringe target client is a zit-faced over indulgent teenage brat but I'd venture to say your target client is far older, mature, affluent, and totally turned off by this kind of rhetoric.  You've lost my future business and you've made the future PR person's job a nightmare.   For your own good send somebody polite, courteous, and amenable to the conference this month and then go find a gym to work out your issues while they do their best not to choke on the foot you've jammed in BFL's mouth.

i think BFL in big Trouble because they shipped only 20 units to media so they get more money from free advertising  .
peewee

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:53:10 AM

but is there actually a credible media source that has confirmed receiving a unit?
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:54:56 AM

but is there actually a credible media source that has confirmed receiving a unit?

Don't you think Wired magazine or the author of cgminer are credible?

peewee

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

All the data from these two sources, point to pre-production prototypes...not production units, and were still painfully shy of the supposed amount shipped out at this point.

If you have other evidence or thread links to the contrary this would be a great place to post them.

This of course goes back to the credibility of the first post of this thread as well.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:33:19 PM

All the data from these two sources, point to pre-production prototypes...not production units, and were still painfully shy of the supposed amount shipped out at this point.

If you have other evidence or thread links to the contrary this would be a great place to post them.

This of course goes back to the credibility of the first post of this thread as well.

If you have any evidence that they were not production units, I would like to see it.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:36:03 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 12:54:24 PM by Bicknellski

Would meeting specification be an indicator of "production" quality level units?

What is the definition of "production" units before we ask for evidence.

There were nice unboxing pictures from the first Avalon...
There were nice stats and verifiable hash numbers put up...
There were certainly a number of different metrics used to evaluate that first machine from Avalon...

What have we got from BFL metrics wise on this machine as compared to those who have received them?

That is a telling situation and definitely points to something that is not PRODUCTION quality. Can you show me where anyone has done any in-depth analysis like the first Avalon?

Arrives

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Once upon a time in China, a package shipped http://garzikrants.blogspot.com/2013/01/once-upon-time-in-china-package-shipped.html

Reviews it next day in depth

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Avalon ASIC miner review http://garzikrants.blogspot.com/2013_01_01_archive.html

Compared to the OP? Where are the reviews? Shouldn't they be posted somewhere?

After many, many, many months of waiting I’m glad to report BFL has delivered. I received my first Jalapeño today!

This bad boy is getting 5.6 Gigahash instead of 4.5 Gigahash listed on their website. I'm thrilled about about the speed increase even though it's larger and takes more power.

For a $149 investment it'll repay itself and make $1300 on top in one month of mining.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment... View at imgur: http://imgur.com/a/fHvMm#0

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:33:27 PM

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:41:38 PM

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.

This +1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:46:00 PM

I confirmed in the cgminer thread and a few others, including even this thread, that I have received a unit and helped develop the driver for it. However there is so much noise on these forums that I long ago lost interest in trying to contribute meaningfully to every (or even any) BFL hardware related threads. Presumably my meaningful post about receiving one got forgotten in said noise.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:52:12 PM

I confirmed in the cgminer thread and a few others, including even this thread, that I have received a unit and helped develop the driver for it. However there is so much noise on these forums that I long ago lost interest in trying to contribute meaningfully to every (or even any) BFL hardware related threads. Presumably my meaningful post about receiving one got forgotten in said noise.

Thanks for letting us know ! Don't usually check the Cgminer thread - Your software has never been a problem Smiley Must have missed your other post in this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: