Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40235 times)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 11:49:55 PM

Don't you think Wired magazine or the author of cgminer are credible?

It would be more credible if cklovias got the Jally; Kano just comes across as a bragging douche-nozzle and, tangentially, probably does more harm to BFL's image than good out of the Jally deal.

Giving one to Wired / Media was a transparent attempt at trying to regain a semblance of legitimacy in the public eye; Josh Zerlan has admitted these forums and patrons are not important to their business so it's pretty evident they are in full-on damage control/survival mode now.

This +1

Seems like it. Their "customer service" is basically non existent, hiding behind a bunch of lame excuses for why it takes weeks to get a reply from anyone there. I've been over on their boards calling this out to see if anyone at BFL has the balls to respond to the situation. So far nothing, as I expected. And apparently your place in the order queue dictates how "priority" your ticket is, which if that is true is ludicrous.

I don't feel sorry for them, they did this to themselves. I do feel sorry in that I was stupid enough to send them one red cent however, but I can live with it being a single Jally order. Hate to be one of those that dropped $1000s on them...

It's all good, BFL has become my model for what not to do as a business in this industry. Shameful.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:54:58 PM

cashflow problems! They started R&D from scratch with coustomers preorder money. Failed! PCB, Chips, Casing... burning money every day...
Now they need fresh money to order parts...

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:12:29 AM

cashflow problems! They started R&D from scratch with coustomers preorder money. Failed! PCB, Chips, Casing... burning money every day...
Now they need fresh money to order parts...

You seem to be ignoring their past FPGA products and the cashflow from that.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:17:17 AM

ok started R&D from 20%  Grin

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:54:39 AM

You seem to be ignoring their past FPGA products and the cashflow from that.

That "gravy train" probably ran out last year and I would hazard to guess they are running on VC and ASIC pre-order infused fumes right now.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:57:57 AM

Can you stick to the facts instead if made up conjecture? You're not doing your own cause ( whatever that is) any favors by just making shit up.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:00:47 AM

Can you stick to the facts instead if made up conjecture? You're not doing your own cause ( whatever that is) any favors by just making shit up.

And Josh Zerlan is a paragon of accuracy and truth ?

Respectfully, there is probably more accuracy in my conjectures that Josh's prior attempts at stating fact.
minternj

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:03:31 AM

Guess you never heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right? If you think he's a liar, then lying yourself makes you what? Righteous?

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:05:45 AM

Guess you never heard the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right? If you think he's a liar, then lying yourself makes you what? Righteous?

TIL that conjecture == lying
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:23:38 AM

If you missed it he was speculating, not lying. Let's stick to the facts.

Just based on that alone if I was the one running a scam investigation into BFL I'd stick to the facts and be a little plainer about what I had against the company personally.

Fact: BFL collected preorders 7 11 months ago and projected October 2012 delivery.

Fact: BFL is associated with Sonny V., who has a criminal record of mail fraud.

Fact: Delivery of BFL ASICs was pushed back to November, December, January, and now end of February, March, April, May...

Fact: BFL DID NOT bring a working prototype to demo at CES thus proving they don't have a working prototype to showcase their specs the list on their site.

Fact: Josh gave no guarantees that the timeline he posted a few days ago will hold up. (even given all of the 7 months leeway so far)

Fact: Those who have preorders with BFL are biased.

Fact: Josh/Inaba is the worst PR for BFL they could have in place. Who cares if people troll his ass. He is a public figure that represents BFL which tarnishes the name Butterfly Labs.

Fact: Customers are still waiting. BFL has not delivered as promised. More lies, excuses, delays...blah blah blah.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:10:22 AM

According to the latest official BFL update more chips will be packaged in the week beginning 20 May, which means BFL should get them during the last week of May and probably start working through June 2012 orders late this month or in June.  The few hundred chips they have this week will only last for a handful of units.  The timeline seems to be timed to perfection (the chips work as expected with new revision boards, etc).  As we've seen in the past this is often not the case.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:19:32 AM

According to the latest official BFL update more chips will be packaged in the week beginning 20 May, which means BFL should get them during the last week of May and probably start working through June 2012 orders late this month or in June.  The few hundred chips they have this week will only last for a handful of units.  The timeline seems to be timed to perfection (the chips work as expected with new revision boards, etc).  As we've seen in the past this is often not the case.

Could you provide a citation for the latest BFL report? I'd like to read what they have to say.
Thanks Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:35:21 AM

Could you provide a citation for the latest BFL report? I'd like to read what they have to say.
Thanks Wink

+1 me too.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:46:43 AM

For a $149 investment it'll repay itself and make $1300 on top in one month of mining.

Think again. You paid about 23 BTC 10 months ago. You'll make .3 btc/day. Even if the difficulty doesn't skyrocket (which it will), you need more than 2 months to just break even. You aren't making any profit for a long time.

Scared is right to be happy because he invested 149$ in the bitcoin currency (through the jalapeno)
and his return will be 149+ $ (actually thousands of them).

Scared will be right to be happy that he invested in the bitcoin currency through the jalapeno
instead of directly buying bitcoins when his jalapeno will mine for him more than 23 BTC.

Will it?

23 BTC is now worth....3266.03226 USD (or about 22 jalepenos)

So...how about someone do some math on the difficulty going up with a constant period of adjustment. What will it take to get back the 23BTC?

Ironically, with a 17% bi-weekly hash rate increase going forward (what we've averaged for the last 3 months), he will earn (wait for it...) 23 BTC in 1.5 years. And then switch it off. [EDIT: it will be a few more than this as he turned it on a few days ago]
teiva

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:24:41 PM

Just an observation:

I have taken interest in reading through the threads popping up from people who have received at the ASIC 5 gig miner (the artist previously known as Jalapeno). In almost everyone of the threads the same small contingent of users have substantively hijacked the thread in what appears to be an attempt to proselytize others to their dislike (hate) of all things butterfly labs. If they are preorder customers why have they not gotten a refund and moved on with their life and if not customers what is the motivation behind the seemingly relentless posts regarding BFL? I find the time and energy spent fascinating and I am curious to the underlying motivations. Can any of the ministers of the Church of BFL haters shed any light on their compulsion? I do not intend to debate your position, it is well know and established. I am merely curious of its origins of the sentiment and the gusto to which you apply it.

+1

I am also curious.

+1000
It's obvious a few users have made it their goal to destroy this forum. I avoid reading anything from bitcointalk.org anymore. In fact when I find it necessary to read the forums I'm forced to skim through pages of absolute junk from the same hateful people. It used to be a great resource and had a good community. Now it's full of hate mongers.

+10000 I'm also astonished to all these BFL haters. I think i'm leaving this parts of the Forum for good !
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:43:07 PM

+10000 I'm also astonished to all these BFL haters. I think i'm leaving this parts of the Forum for good !

Code:
Position: Newbie
Date Registered: May 09, 2011, 04:25:51 PM

Not sure if this parts of the forum can survive without you. But OK, go back to BFL forums  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:49:16 PM

Code:

Not sure if this parts of the forum can survive without you. But OK, go back to BFL forums  Wink

No more 10 posts newbie jail anymore ?

Also Stockholm Syndrome is a helluva thing.
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:51:29 AM

Code:

Not sure if this parts of the forum can survive without you. But OK, go back to BFL forums  Wink

No more 10 posts newbie jail anymore ?

Also Stockholm Syndrome is a helluva thing.

+1

Not sure what was expected making up any thread on BFL here. The last time you will find anything positive was about....12 months ago

minternj

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:54:37 AM

Stockholm syndrome is being held captive. People could have bailed on their bfl order anytime. So, try a diff analogy.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:01:15 AM

Stockholm syndrome is being held captive. People could have bailed on their bfl order anytime. So, try a diff analogy.
Captive held by "profit seeking" is still being willfully captive.

I will ship you a money making machine that will change your income stream by 5 figures in one month. (The Promise/Premise)

But you will have to wait for it. (The Carrot)

If you complain, I will find out who you are and I will cancel your order, understand? (The Stick)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premise
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: