Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Received BFL Jalapeño Today!  (Read 40235 times)
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:03:57 AM

Stockholm syndrome  does not apply here becuase you  are a hostage by choice from the beginning.
Carrot and horse analogy works. proceed.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:06:20 AM

Stockholm syndrome is being held captive. People could have bailed on their bfl order anytime. So, try a diff analogy.

I don't think you understand the psychology behind Stockholm Syndrome. Kidnap victims never start out loving their captors.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:09:54 AM

You are missing the point, you were never kidnapped.  You got into the white van willingly. In fact you paid to get in the van and put hte hood on your  own head.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:12:13 AM

Stockholm syndrome  does not apply here becuase you  are a hostage by choice from the beginning.
Carrot and horse analogy works. proceed.

Hostage and Choice are mutually exclusive initially.

... From Wikipedia

Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them, and sometimes the feeling of love for the captor shows. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes “strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other.”[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual’s response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they no longer become a threat.[5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture–bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[6][7][8]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[9][10]
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:12:51 AM

People who allow themselves to remain captive will remain captive until their desire for the carrot changes.

Someone who has held on since June 2012 has a strong incentive to keep their order. The profit motive is strong.

If I threaten them (implied or otherwise by making an example) I can keep you in your place. As long as you desire what I promise to give you, you will remain with me and waiting.

If you ever change your mind and air it, you will suffer the loss of the premise (whether real or imagined) to make a profit. Therefore, I can control you simply by bringing your desire to profit under control.

It is super basic but anyone can understand that much. People in abusive or dangerous relationships don't stop being rational. They simply have their desires mixed up or their understandings of the situation...severely distorted.

------------------------

But then again, as any shill will point out, this is all theory and has nothing at all to do with BFL as they are not keeping anyone hostage. No, they are not even involuntarily canceling orders without a persons permission to penalize them for speaking out.

Correct? (This is where you say "yes")
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:41:02 AM

There is a lot of clear bias between the earliest buyers and the later ones that came in as this new information on their scammy personal pasts came out into the open. They are the first to defend BFL.

Could even be denial? If I had $1000s into them I might be too...

ircicq

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:24:28 PM

Received Jalapeno, but after 10 minutes of working under BFGMiner it had burned with a smoke.

I see black burned area around chip U15, capacitor C65, mini-USB connector.
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:36:43 PM

Received Jalapeno, but after 10 minutes of working under BFGMiner it had burned with a smoke.

I see black burned area around chip U15, capacitor C65, mini-USB connector.
Share the views with ass please.........11 month of waiting lol

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: