Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any tutorial out there to try to fix hashboards myself?  (Read 417 times)
pupok (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 09:59:30 PM

hello 2 of my antminer got wet from humidity.. and 2 hashboard wont turn on.. just 1.. any guide out there i could try to fix it before sending it to bitmain? im out of warranty.. so nothing to lose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:11:06 AM

eep
The only possible thing to try would be to get a couple cans of electrical contact cleaner or circuit board cleaner and hose them down to *maybe* dislodge crud. Problem is, if the boards are very old and most likely covered in fine dust then flooding them COULD MAKE THINGS WORSE if they are not pristine when done. You could very well force dirt into places it wasn't before.

And no, no how-to's beyond 'Does the red LED power lights on the board turn on?' and perhaps swapping the data cables around just to make sure it is the board(s).

BitmainWarranty in CO pretty much prefers folks don't try to fix boards themselves. I can imagine what some look like after folks ham-handedly try...

Speaking of which, had a s9 batch-13 board fail yesterday so time to send it to them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pupok (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:22:57 AM

eep
The only possible thing to try would be to get a couple cans of electrical contact cleaner or circuit board cleaner and hose them down to *maybe* dislodge crud. Problem is, if the boards are very old and most likely covered in fine dust then flooding them COULD MAKE THINGS WORSE if they are not pristine when done. You could very well force dirt into places it wasn't before.

And no, no how-to's beyond 'Does the red LED power lights on the board turn on?' and perhaps swapping the data cables around just to make sure it is the board(s).

BitmainWarranty in CO pretty much prefers folks don't try to fix boards themselves. I can imagine what some look like after folks ham-handedly try...

Speaking of which, had a s9 batch-13 board fail yesterday so time to send it to them.
u know how much it will cost me to repair all my hashing board i think i have 4 faulty boards..
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:31:07 AM

Been over a year since last had a board repaired, was $140 as I recall.
Register with them and ask. https://bitmainwarranty.com

For shipping to them, If you are in the USA, use the USPS's 1-price boxes. Including full insurance for $450 replacement value it cost $14.95 to ship a board to them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: