Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:27:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 214: Cormier vs Jones 2 Info and Prediction Thread  (Read 3499 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

Daniel Cormier looks like he has white eyes like a Mortal Kombat character like Subzero lol.

The buildup is great, I want to see the press conference and see them go at it, but right now the Mayweather and McGregor press conferences are being one of the most entertaining I have seen. Conor rocked Mayweather on stage yesterday, but Mayweather also got some good ones.

I honestly find Mayweather lacking with the trash talking.  He doesn't know how, and that's weird considering that black people are really good at it.  He's behind McGregor in promoting this fight by a mile. 

Jones seems to be in denial about having a substance abuse issue. More than 5 years of DUI's, car wrecks and positive cocaine tests & he still doesn't appear to recognize there's a problem there. He could be an addict.

Does anyone laugh about this card having 3 title fights on it because everyone is afraid Jon Jones will make a bad decision and not be able to fight? That's hilarious to me.

Good point!  Is there a prop bet for the Jones pulling out again.  Cheesy

Mayweather made Conor look back yesterday in the New York City conference. Conor is overplaying his character and looked out of character. Mayweather clowned him calling him Dana White's bitch and throwing him 1 dollar bills like a cheap stripper.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

Bellator 181 main card starts in around 3 hours from the timestamp on this post if I got the time right.

If they re-scheduled Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes for UFC 214 it would have 4 title fights.

Its been awhile since Luke Rockhold or Tony Ferguson fought. Wonder when some of those big names will be stepping back into the cage.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:52:23 AM

Bellator 181 main card starts in around 3 hours from the timestamp on this post if I got the time right.

If they re-scheduled Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes for UFC 214 it would have 4 title fights.

Its been awhile since Luke Rockhold or Tony Ferguson fought. Wonder when some of those big names will be stepping back into the cage.

Omg, they should have done that!  It's just around three weeks away from the day they're supposed to fight.  I think Nunes would be more ready by then.  She shouldn't be getting away with all her BS.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:20:37 PM

@Hydrogen UFC 214 is already a stacked card and i dont think they will include Valentina and Nunes in this card but to be fair with Valentina they should put her in that fight card as she trained really hard for the title fight and i really thought Valentina could win that fight and since there is no fight card in August i think we will have to wait till September.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:45:30 PM

@Hydrogen UFC 214 is already a stacked card and i dont think they will include Valentina and Nunes in this card but to be fair with Valentina they should put her in that fight card as she trained really hard for the title fight and i really thought Valentina could win that fight and since there is no fight card in August i think we will have to wait till September.

Yeah. I don't think they should include it as well. They should have put the two in a separate event headlining them. Nunes has a lot of mental issues and she should have first overcome it before getting into the ring otherwise we will that as an excuse if ever she looses to Valentina. I hope that the fight can really push through because its gonna be a good fight, IMHO.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

still on fire only had one bet santiago ponzinibbio!

this card im not to sure yet need to see the lines but i think woodly will be my main bet
jamyr

Activity: 1764
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:08:12 PM

Daniel Cormier looks like he has white eyes like a Mortal Kombat character like Subzero lol.

The buildup is great, I want to see the press conference and see them go at it, but right now the Mayweather and McGregor press conferences are being one of the most entertaining I have seen. Conor rocked Mayweather on stage yesterday, but Mayweather also got some good ones.

I honestly find Mayweather lacking with the trash talking.  He doesn't know how, and that's weird considering that black people are really good at it.  He's behind McGregor in promoting this fight by a mile. 

Jones seems to be in denial about having a substance abuse issue. More than 5 years of DUI's, car wrecks and positive cocaine tests & he still doesn't appear to recognize there's a problem there. He could be an addict.

Does anyone laugh about this card having 3 title fights on it because everyone is afraid Jon Jones will make a bad decision and not be able to fight? That's hilarious to me.

Good point!  Is there a prop bet for the Jones pulling out again.  Cheesy

Mayweather made Conor look back yesterday in the New York City conference. Conor is overplaying his character and looked out of character. Mayweather clowned him calling him Dana White's bitch and throwing him 1 dollar bills like a cheap stripper.

Why talk about a different match that is off topic? This is the thread for Jones and Cormier. Go talk about other match in their thread.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:33:59 PM

BJJ Scout released a good breakdown of Jones Vs Cormier clinch & hand fighting in the first fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq96XmBWSn4

All of BJJ Scout's videos are A+ imo.

Probably the best at breaking down wrestling/grappling. The best that releases videos and shares everything they know publicly anyway.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:07:23 PM

@Hydrogen that was a really good break down of the first fight and thanks for sharing that link,yes the clinch game is really important and i am sure this fight will be better than the first one,Jones is coming back after a long break and he looked jacked,i am not sure how that will reflect in his game but i expect we could see the best Jones.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:20:29 AM

Yup.  Coach Zahabi is really good in breaking down fights but he kinda sucks in making predictions tho.  In case you guys didn't know he's GSP's head coach.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:03:08 PM

This fight will be huge, I can't wait. There's also the Mayweater Macgregor superfight, and Golovkin Canelo is also coming soon. So many huge fights this summer, good year for the fighting game. I don't know who to bet for.
herdiansyahdanang

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:05:32 PM

This fight will be huge, I can't wait. There's also the Mayweater Macgregor superfight, and Golovkin Canelo is also coming soon. So many huge fights this summer, good year for the fighting game. I don't know who to bet for.

comeon Macgregor he is still better for all in my balance <3
im sure this summer so much fun on the ring yayy
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:13:43 AM

I hope that this fight push through. To see who is better, though I'm eyeing DC in this one. Jones, I think is way off his prime and due to his drugs addiction I guess. It will took time for him to recover from that, Even though he doesn't want to accept it.

Mayweather and McGregor fight is also one of the most interesting fight this year. I hope that McGregor won this fight even though it is the playground of Floyd. I guess punching power and accuracy will be McGregor's key in this fight and I hope he don't lose air all through out the match.

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:08:51 AM

Don't think Canelo vs Golovkin will get some good numbers in tickets sales and PPV considering it's happening a little over three weeks after May vs Mac.  A better strategy would either be negotiate Canelo vs Golovkin to be an under card for May vs Mac (which is impossible, but would have been great), or move the fight for another month or two.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:41:55 PM

Don't think Canelo vs Golovkin will get some good numbers in tickets sales and PPV considering it's happening a little over three weeks after May vs Mac.  A better strategy would either be negotiate Canelo vs Golovkin to be an under card for May vs Mac (which is impossible, but would have been great), or move the fight for another month or two.

I don't think Canelo and Golovkin would have agreed to be anywhere but main card of the night, specially for a fight such as Mayweather vs an UFC guy... the fight will be great but for pure boxing fans is a bit of a joke.

Boxing fans want to see Canelo and Golovkin as main card in their own night so I think the date is set correctly. Real boxing fans would have bought this fight wit our without MayMac fight happening.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

Golovkin will crush Canelo for sure as he's the better and stronger man.

But I expected something more inserting for a gala as Canelo vs Golovkin is not ppv-selling match.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jamyr

Activity: 1764
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:00:18 PM

BJJ Scout released a good breakdown of Jones Vs Cormier clinch & hand fighting in the first fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq96XmBWSn4

All of BJJ Scout's videos are A+ imo.

Probably the best at breaking down wrestling/grappling. The best that releases videos and shares everything they know publicly anyway.

Thanks for the link. I may get to see what were the factors that decided their first match.

Anyways, I see Jones really determined to win this match.  Hope he won't get too cocky this time and just talk when his done beating DC.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:59:22 PM

Yup.  Coach Zahabi is really good in breaking down fights but he kinda sucks in making predictions tho.  In case you guys didn't know he's GSP's head coach.

AFAIK, BJJ Scout is Keenan Cornelius. Keenan is known for making technical clips on youtube breaking down grappling and wrestling. He's the biggest suspect as to the identity of BJJ Scout anyway.

Firas Zahabi has his own youtube channel where he breaks things down & makes predictions. His style seems different from BJJ Scout's in terms of the perspective they have and their approach.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:48:02 PM

But I expected something more inserting for a gala as Canelo vs Golovkin is not ppv-selling match.

I think people are underrated Canelo. Canelo only lost to Mayweather, but then again, everyone loses to Mayweather.

He has now improved a lot, he has the experience, I think he can make it really difficult for Golovkin to get the job done, it will be a war, the best boxing match of the year for sure, probably better than AJ-Klitschko.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:01:22 PM

I think people are underrated Canelo. Canelo only lost to Mayweather, but then again, everyone loses to Mayweather.

He has now improved a lot, he has the experience, I think he can make it really difficult for Golovkin to get the job done, it will be a war, the best boxing match of the year for sure, probably better than AJ-Klitschko.

I'm also looking forward to the fight as well. It will definitely a war. This will be far the biggest challenge since he fought Floyd. However, I picking GGG to win this fight. This will be a long and hard battle and will be bloody for both of the warriors. Sure Canelo can punch but GGG has more power. I'm thinking a close decision in favor of GGG, I would surprise if Canelo got KO though. PPV numbers would be great as well, because hard core and even casual fans will be watching after the Floyd vs McGregor fight and the buzz will be still in boxing. Who says that boxing is dead?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: