Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: Ripple to decentralize XRP more then Bitcoin & also do it much Better  (Read 8395 times)
f0rmdeep (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:55:26 PM

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world.

Yeah, to make it shitty, with the pollution from the miners.

PoW is failed. It has led to centralization of the power where the electricity is cheapest, and to chip manufacturers.

I love aspects of bitcoin, but my heart knows i don't want to be burning 64 Exaflops for a fancy POW that does not serve any real life purpose.... it got to evolve better...... for sake of life, for sake of our forests and for the sake of our children.. we shoudl not be burning forests this way on a "unit of value exchange":

" Today the aggregate bitcoin FLOPS measurement stands at 64 exaFLOPS (64,000 petaFLOPS).  To contrast that number, this month the top 500 supercomputers combined clocked in at 0.250 exaFLOPS (250 petaFLOPS)."

there got to be a better way... . Ripple is not bitcoin replacement, i never understand why they fight and run misinformation campaigns on ripple .. but anyways ...

The thing is Ethereum is.. instead of burning for a fancy mathematical challenge it at-least executes valid contract code.

I wish this evolves and something better comes that achieves same integrity by using mathematics or knowledge .. instead of crude burning of cpu cycles...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:22:03 PM

Ok I read the whole thread and I am even more convinced that Ripple is just the way banks and old economy companies found to enter the 'blockchain' industry. Which is kinda laughable because they are the opposite of what blockchain is meant to be.
Investing in ripple is like saying the actual world economy is good and should prevail over something new that is trying to change it.
Who trusts Santander or any other bank? Dozens have gone bankrupt and took millions from the people. Venture companies are another kind of vampires and even google one of the biggest companies nowadays, is not to be trusted.  Only those who have no other choice 'trust' all of the mentioned. There might never be a real decentralized company but one has to try and build it.
Trusting a bank is like trusting your private keys to poloniex or mtgox

f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:55:31 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 04:09:35 AM by f0rmdeep

Ok I read the whole thread and I am even more convinced that Ripple is just the way banks and old economy companies found to enter the 'blockchain' industry. Which is kinda laughable because they are the opposite of what blockchain is meant to be.
Investing in ripple is like saying the actual world economy is good and should prevail over something new that is trying to change it.
Who trusts Santander or any other bank? Dozens have gone bankrupt and took millions from the people. Venture companies are another kind of vampires and even google one of the biggest companies nowadays, is not to be trusted.  Only those who have no other choice 'trust' all of the mentioned. There might never be a real decentralized company but one has to try and build it.

another hater ... no one is trusting a bank, we are trying to get them on board the reform... without healing the existing system everyone pretending real world does not exist does not work if you have not realized by now.

you are like a person who takes off on his/her kids when they are difficult to manage.

Ripple community is grown up and mature, they include banks and reform them. we live in real world. I guess you wont get it anyways... oh well worth a shot ...
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:11:51 AM

another hater ... no one is trusting a bank, we are trying to get them on board the reform... without healing the existing system everyone pretending real world does not exist does not work if you have not realized by now.

As if banks are gonna join the reform...if they do it's purely for their own profit, you're naive if you believe banks have anything else in mind. I say if you want to buy XRP cause you think the price will rise then go wild, but if you really believe in their "philosophy", well, why? Unless everyone here is a bank employee who's payed to say all this crap, why would you believe in something like this?
f0rmdeep (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:40:41 AM

As if banks are gonna join the reform...if they do it's purely for their own profit, you're naive if you believe banks have anything else in mind. I say if you want to buy XRP cause you think the price will rise then go wild, but if you really believe in their "philosophy", well, why? Unless everyone here is a bank employee who's payed to say all this crap, why would you believe in something like this?

nope for your kind information, "Finally" banks out of competition and pressure (and some guilt may be ) are opening up and might be conducting all "retail" transactions - atleast small value ones on rcl - a public block-chain with open records where banks "cannot" undo transactions. and this my friend, is the start to unlock "IOV" ... IOV is your best best to sovle inequalive.. making money flow freely from any person in any village to any person in any city of any country ... whoever needs help... labor shoudl be evaluated fairly ...

this is the true start to solve those big wall street bonus problems... that is why i believe in the philosophy... Chris larsen was a saint, go study how much he enriched himself.. silent souls are hardly recognized... now with al lthe blessings and effort of community and hard work of Ripple ppl, he is on important boards... finally have a voice to change the system ( not hide from it )

we have come a long way, there are good people inside and outside.... diseased body shoudl be tried to cure.

Do you have any idea how much fight Ripple is having with the big banking humpty dumpty called swift ?

not all good things happen in isolation... tell you what if you can't help that is fine, at-least don't harm... go your way and i wish you good luck.
ven_bug_trap

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:11:33 AM

nope for your kind information, "Finally" banks out of competition and pressure (and some guilt may be ) are opening up and might be conducting all "retail" transactions - atleast small value ones on rcl - a public block-chain with open records where banks "cannot" undo transactions. and this my friend, is the start to unlock "IOV" ... IOV is your best best to sovle inequalive.. making money flow freely from any person in any village to any person in any city of any country ... whoever needs help... labor shoudl be evaluated fairly ...

this is the true start to solve those big wall street bonus problems... that is why i believe in the philosophy... Chris larsen was a saint, go study how much he enriched himself.. silent souls are hardly recognized... now with al lthe blessings and effort of community and hard work of Ripple ppl, he is on important boards... finally have a voice to change the system ( not hide from it )

we have come a long way, there are good people inside and outside.... diseased body shoudl be tried to cure.

Do you have any idea how much fight Ripple is having with the big banking humpty dumpty called swift ?

not all good things happen in isolation... tell you what if you can't help that is fine, at-least don't harm... go your way and i wish you good luck.

Hey you too man, good luck with everything Smiley
randomdude

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:17:12 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 09:43:50 AM by randomdude

Bitcoin* has a real potential to change the world. It came out of nowhere some years ago and said - look, people can now send monetary value to each other without trusting each other and without requiring a trusted third-party to settle their transactions. This is huge.

Are you dead serious here? Bitcoin came from nowhere? Nothing comes from nowhere, same you can state that iPhone came from nowhere, or internet came from nowhere, go educate your self in this matter.

No third party, so who makes sure that double spend does not appear? who can do 51% atacks? No third party, god damn, take any bank split it to three separate entities and the same "decentralisation".
No trusted third party. You don't need to trust the miners. You validate their proof of work mathematically.

Bitcoin delivers on this promise and slowly but surely democratizes our financial systems, making them both global and censorship-resistent. It takes the banks out of business because we now have the means to store our coins on our own private devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc) and transact with each other without a trusted intermediary.
Banks can act as investors to your so called democratic coin and pump & dump it as much as they want, so you can store it anywhere you want. Same with money, you can store the either in bank or under the pillow, does change that it all goes to central bank in regards of regulations.
They can act as investors but cannot act as regulators or policy makers. That's a significant improvement already.

It requires for open-source one smart exploit to hack in whatever way, Capische? You can call it transparency or whatever you like it, but I prefer private Git ripo dudes.
I prefer to have access to the code that's managing my money. Exploits happen less often when the code is public. Hint: Linux vs Windows.

After Gox, Bitcoin lost trust and price, this is the point, without regulation, you on your own and its about you to create demand and price and prove it worth it (has value), so again where is decentralisation and blah blah?
Don't assume that the regulatory forces are always benevolent. Every once in a while it so happens that their best (market) interests might just as well collide with your best interests (hint: the financial crisis in Greece).

Their business model is selling marketing BS. First to banks "hey you can use fancy blockchain-tech"... which already doesn't make any sense. They just profit from the fact that banks don't know what crypto means.
Oh banks have big incentives to adopt blockchain ledgers: cut down the infrastructure costs by distributing their databases, replace human capital with smart contracts, and stay in the exact same business while posing as innovative and forward-thinking Cool
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:11:28 AM

Who trusts Santander or any other bank? Dozens have gone bankrupt and took millions from the people. Venture companies are another kind of vampires and even google one of the biggest companies nowadays, is not to be trusted.  Only those who have no other choice 'trust' all of the mentioned. There might never be a real decentralized company but one has to try and build it.

you are like a person who takes off on his/her kids when they are difficult to manage.

Ripple community is grown up and mature, they include banks and reform them. we live in real world. I guess you wont get it anyways... oh well worth a shot ...
Your points are very good, valid and informative. I see ripple has some good people investing in it Cheesy NOT

I am not a hater, I am seeing things as they are. Banks wont join the reform! They want to do the reform on their on way! To keep bashing powerless people and to keep controlling the countries they run on. If you can't see it then you are the hater, you are hating yourself by supporting this project.
I am off. Useless thread other than trying to trick people with less knowledge.

randomdude

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:34:03 AM

More food for thought: https://medium.com/the-blockchain-times/enterprise-blockchains-are-a-huge-overpromise-7ca2d19324b3
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:48:12 AM

A friend of mine invested a significant amount in XRP two weeks ago and now I'm so glad for him.  Smiley

I read through this thread and I can't understand why some people hate Ripple so much. Do they really think Ripple is a competitor to bitcoin? Do they think it can replace BTC in the future? I personally always try to cast my vote for diversity, and it also goes for the world of cryptos.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

Here is "philosophy" for you to send so called "fast payment" from one EU country to another EU country I have to pay 12.60EUR and this "fast payment", if happens late on Friday, will be settled only early Monday.

Can I do it much faster with any alt coin, I do, it will just take a lot of manipulations with wallets/exchanges etc. But here is the problem, a lot of people in world never heard of alt coins, and they have to be educated and adopted, and they have bank accounts that they trust more than any bitcoin and all alt coins all together.

No trusted third party. You don't need to trust the miners. You validate their proof of work mathematically.
I do not see how that makes me secure from third party? Or how it does make secure person who can not do it mathematically? You can not name something as "Store of Value" and say you trust no one in order to make it valuable.

They can act as investors but cannot act as regulators or policy makers. That's a significant improvement already.
Well ye, tell this to exchanges, wallet providers and so forth were you required KYC and that sponsored by, well, not Satoshi Nakomoto.

I prefer to have access to the code that's managing my money. Exploits happen less often when the code is public. Hint: Linux vs Windows.
Hint Heart Bleed.

Don't assume that the regulatory forces are always benevolent. Every once in a while it so happens that their best (market) interests might just as well collide with your best interests (hint: the financial crisis in Greece).
So, both worlds do crap as of now?
zaemiel

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

I'm totally agree with you.

Also i think that when Ripple become more common banks and legal entities will use Ripple over Bitcoin and Altcoins because of their bank accounts, taxes and tax reports. And after that their clients will use Ripple for the same reason.

The winner in this competition will be the one who will offer the best integration of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology into the existing financial system - and Ripple will do it.

... Main problems are:
1. Legal regulation
2. Taxes
3. Responsibility of a certain entity
4. Convenience for the client

and not decentralization, 51%, miners, "freedom" and Anonymity, and even not a community

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: