Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:43:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mhash/s not matching what its says online.  (Read 481 times)
redzero36 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:41:17 AM

On my GUIminer its says I'm mining at 76.4 Mhash/s and it maintains that but sometimes goes ranges from 71.4- 76 but usually its maintains at 76.4 Mhash/s.  When I check my account and go to the workers section its says that I'm mining at 47.306 Mhash/s.  Is there something wrong with my setup? or is that how it is normally?

BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:09:44 AM

I have found that sometimes it can drop quite a bunch if I leave it running for a while. Not sure about the cause yet, but I've had my card at 21.7 mH (its slow I know).. and then leave it for a few hours and when I come back its done to like 5mH. Trying to find a solution. That may be destroying your averages though.
namzycad3

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:40:58 AM

need sometime to stabilize, especially when u resume mining from previous session.
greenbandit

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:55:09 AM

On my GUIminer its says I'm mining at 76.4 Mhash/s and it maintains that but sometimes goes ranges from 71.4- 76 but usually its maintains at 76.4 Mhash/s.  When I check my account and go to the workers section its says that I'm mining at 47.306 Mhash/s.  Is there something wrong with my setup? or is that how it is normally?

try different pool maybe one that is closer to you geographically

OR wait and give it more time to average out , usually they end up being thesame after 1-2 days
sinergy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

On my GUIminer its says I'm mining at 76.4 Mhash/s and it maintains that but sometimes goes ranges from 71.4- 76 but usually its maintains at 76.4 Mhash/s.  When I check my account and go to the workers section its says that I'm mining at 47.306 Mhash/s.  Is there something wrong with my setup? or is that how it is normally?

Try experimenting with different settings. I think the pools are calculating your mining power based on the number of shares you send. If you have too aggressive settings for your GPU, then you will just won't send the shares on time.

I have found that sometimes it can drop quite a bunch if I leave it running for a while. Not sure about the cause yet, but I've had my card at 21.7 mH (its slow I know).. and then leave it for a few hours and when I come back its done to like 5mH. Trying to find a solution. That may be destroying your averages though.

Check your Windows power settings. When I first started mining, my workers were stopping on each 30 minutes or so. Then I found that Windows is set to sleep if no activity. Silly me! I lost quite some time then. Just go to Control Panel -> Power check the advanced settings and remove any kind of HDD, VGA, PCI suspension and sleep/hibernate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: