Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Young Turks (850,000+ subscribers on youtube) responded to me about Bitcoins  (Read 2031 times)
Ares (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:01:53 AM

I've given up on political demagogues a long time ago. Not getting drawn into this convo. I hope turk can broadcast Bitcoin in a positive light. Good luck
They aren't political demagogues, they're a news organization. They aren't running for any kind of office and do stories on everything from funny animals to natural disasters.

I've followed them long enough to know that they'll be objective enough for this to be a worthy undertaking. If anything, I expect him to be enthusiastic about it because they run lots of stories on how terrible central banks are.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:20:31 AM

I've followed them long enough to know that they'll be objective enough for this to be a worthy undertaking. If anything, I expect him to be enthusiastic about it because they run lots of stories on how terrible central banks are.

I'm not so sure.  They are at their core quite mainstream.  They are deathly allergic to anything which has the remote chance of being a 'conspiricy theory' which limits their effectiveness in some of the most interesting journalistic endeavors.  I don't think it is a calculated strategy to broaden the base but rather a true reflection of their mindsets.  I would not be at all surprised if most of them found Bitcoin to be too far out there and to far from standard orthodoxy to accept.  Not to mention the fact that they actually are (unhappily) indeed fairly 'statist' and Bitcoin is not something which will help the state much (although that may or may not be true depending on how development goes.)

Again though, TYT is doing some of the best work out there in my opinion.  Much of my outlook on the world comes from taking a significant helping of TYT mixed with a dash of Max Keiser and a pinch of Alex Jones, etc.  Pretty much any new source can have some value if looked upon through one filter or another (imho.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:28:29 AM

Put them in touch with the Bitcoin Foundation - and CC the email to the Foundation as well.

The PM's are through youtube, but I'll be sure to link them to the Foundation's email.

The Young Turks are big in liberal/progressive circles.  Very big.  Cenk, especially, is all over every media outlet there is.

As I've mentioned, if you were to draw a Venn diagram of the points of intersection between liberals, progressives, libertarians, conservatives, communists and fascists - and all that lies between on the political spectrum - bitcoin would be the only point of intersection.

And frankly, we could use some serious play in the liberal/progressive community - especially in the US.  I note that Obama was elected to a second term, so there must be quite a few of them.

Sadly Obama represents the very people who will not be a bitcoin friend. It would be the same thing if Romney was elected I believe. I agree about bitcoin being the ultimate crossroad with any kind of political sensibilities.
what people may miss abot why so many people from so many political colors love bitcoin is: bitcoin is money. Everyone Loves money! money is Power! Everyone Loves power!

that is why it is so simple to explain why everybody loves bitcoin because of the possibilities it may offers to so many wanting to reshape the world from their own perspective and political games one day.

We should just ban all those openly political people while it is young, from left to right while we build bitcoin. Let them come to the party, but LATE.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:29:34 AM

I sent them a message requesting that they do a piece on bitcoins and this was their response:

Re:Bitcoins We've definitely been considering that, where can we find out more info on Bitcoins?

I'll certainly suggest weusecoins.com, but my response is also an opportunity to suggest talking points, such as big news in the Bitcoin world.

I'm making this thread to get some ideas on how best to respond.

Thanks
[/quote

This forum this community is where you can learn the most Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:42:53 AM

Were all just a cog to Hal promote the revolution that's trolling Smiley