Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:51:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin reach $47619 per BTC?
Yes, Bitcoin is the future! - 183 (67.3%)
No, CryptoCurrencies will never replace fiat. - 31 (11.4%)
No, but some form of Cryptocurrency will. - 58 (21.3%)
Total Voters: 272

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1 Trillion Bitcoin  (Read 6065 times)
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:36:54 PM

Just tell me, how (by what mechanism) can you stop all the money in the world from trying to enter into bitcoin in the following 7 months?

There are no bitcoins for sale, until the price is very high. There is only about 1.5MBTC in weak hands now. I will consider selling the bulk of mine at above $1M. I think that is substantially above the long term realistic value of $300k.

So you think there will be spike at about 1M USD per BTC?

Looking at the numbers - the global wealth is about 222 trillion USD and about 1/3 (on average) is held in liquid assets. So we are looking at BTC to be going worth at max 74 trillion/21million which is about 3.5 million USD per 1 BTC.

Yeah 1 million spike sounds reasonable.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3RNouwvOU
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

What you described, blokes suddenly being lifted to world class, is exactly the mechanism that will finish bitcoin's rise from <1,000 to >1,000,000 this year. It just cannot take any longer any more. This is not 2011.

Could you elaborate on the mechanism? Do you mean people the newly rich will brag to their friends and get everyone in on it? Or something more than that?
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Just tell me, how (by what mechanism) can you stop all the money in the world from trying to enter into bitcoin in the following 7 months?

There are no bitcoins for sale, until the price is very high. There is only about 1.5MBTC in weak hands now. I will consider selling the bulk of mine at above $1M. I think that is substantially above the long term realistic value of $300k.

So Justin Beiber  just got 1 M $ richer....he really needed that Wink

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:56:22 PM

Mother nature doesn't like singularity , that's why you don't see it,  ever .

Except, um, black holes?

Black holes are nonsense, because infinite gravity is nonsense (literally a meaningless string of words). /OT
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:01:13 PM

So you think there will be spike at about 1M USD per BTC?

Looking at the numbers - the global wealth is about 222 trillion USD and about 1/3 (on average) is held in liquid assets. So we are looking at BTC to be going worth at max 74 trillion/21million which is about 3.5 million USD per 1 BTC.

Yeah 1 million spike sounds reasonable.

During the heyday before the 266 crash, $10 million invested into bitcoin increased the marketcap by $100 million. This is because most of the coins are not traded, and will not be. The large holders do understand what I am saying, and will leave the haters to hate (and me to fend it off), while we all accumulate more and more bitcoins. I am not selling unless for investment, any time before $100k, and probably as we are there, I will have a hard time to start unloading, since the world will be all about bitcoin.

In January, if you bought bitcoins and mentioned it in a ball, they were looking at you like this:  Shocked

When bitcoin hits $100k, and you talk about soon selling yours, it will be the same:  Shocked

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:07:59 PM

During the heyday before the 266 crash, $10 million invested into bitcoin increased the marketcap by $100 million. This is because most of the coins are not traded, and will not be. The large holders do understand what I am saying, and will leave the haters to hate (and me to fend it off), while we all accumulate more and more bitcoins. I am not selling unless for investment, any time before $100k, and probably as we are there, I will have a hard time to start unloading, since the world will be all about bitcoin.

In January, if you bought bitcoins and mentioned it in a ball, they were looking at you like this:  Shocked

When bitcoin hits $100k, and you talk about soon selling yours, it will be the same:  Shocked

Although I'm not quite as optimistic as you, I think Bitcoin is the lottery ticket with highest chance of winning you can buy right now.
There is a realistic chance for 1M$ Bitcoins indeed, but I don't think it's for certain.

@everyone: So, if you know people playing lottery, tell them to buy Bitcoins instead xD
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:58:53 PM

I am already creating serious ripples, when I jetset around the town trying to corner all prime available office space since I know, the other bitcoin millionaires/HNWI:s will be after the same thing in as little as 30-60 days.

What you described, blokes suddenly being lifted to world class, is exactly the mechanism that will finish bitcoin's rise from <1,000 to >1,000,000 this year. It just cannot take any longer any more. This is not 2011.

I have also been looking at commercial real estate.

I think a large number of us would have changed lives if Bitcoin hit $1,000. I don't see it going to even $10,000 anytime soon.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:11:04 PM

Mother nature doesn't like singularity , that's why you don't see it,  ever .

Except, um, black holes?
exactly, when you "see" it, you've passed event horizon, and you know what's waiting for you  Wink
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:22:18 PM

One million $ per BTC in 2013? Seriously guys, that's just ridiculous.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:39:19 PM

Instead of outright denial, why don't you post some proof?

Currently I don't see a proof anywhere in this world that Bitcoin can go to zero, OR that it can go anywhere but up in the months and months to come.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:28:11 PM

It does sound ridiculous, doesn't it? But then, so does the idea that the Fed is "printing" $85 billion every month as part of its (cough, euphemism) "quantitative easing" program.

We can rise an order of magnitude or two within the next couple of years, I think, but of course past performance is no guarantee of future results. If you'd told me five months ago that now bitcoin would be trading at $130+ and litecoin at $4, I would have wondered what drugs you were on. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:34:48 PM

It does sound ridiculous, doesn't it? But then, so does the idea that the Fed is "printing" $85 billion every month as part of its (cough, euphemism) "quantitative easing" program.

We can rise an order of magnitude or two within the next couple of years, I think, but of course past performance is no guarantee of future results. If you'd told me five months ago that now bitcoin would be trading at $130+ and litecoin at $4, I would have wondered what drugs you were on. Grin

+1

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
wormbog

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:17:08 PM

Instead of outright denial, why don't you post some proof?

Because I don't have the ability to travel through time.
wormbog

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:22:04 PM

Sure, 100x within 2 years, I'd call that unlikely but possible. I really hope that happens so I can go retire on a beach somewhere.

But the OP is predicting a rise from mid $130s to ONE MILLION BUCKS in 8 months. Does anyone else here believe that's possible?
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

Sure, 100x within 2 years, I'd call that unlikely but possible. I really hope that happens so I can go retire on a beach somewhere.

But the OP is predicting a rise from mid $130s to ONE MILLION BUCKS in 8 months. Does anyone else here believe that's possible?

It was me, not the OP  Cool

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

I would say that it's hard to believe, but also possible.  The last bubble drew quite an amount of interest to cryptocurrency, and it with it a lot of VC to improve the overall infrastructure.
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:35:39 PM

rpietila is no troll.  If he says it is possible, I believe it.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

It's gonna be bitcoin for sure. It cannot be stopped anymore, no way. I think it will reach $1M (per BTC) before Christmas this year, but the long-term value is not so high.

we all wish this could become true. but...

how should the bitcoin infrastructure cope with that ? remember the spike a few weeks ago ? mt.gox couldn´t handle it. lag. laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag... panic sell lemming stunt. while at the same time bitcointalk went offline, bitcoincharts went offline, no more prices, other exchanges getting in trouble because users went away from mt.gox ... it was a desaster.

at 250 $

what would happen at 2500,- ? imagine the media coverage. everything would get really crazy at a 2500 level. but what about 25 000,- ? pure madness. it would be in daily news, some news would start to broadcast live from tokyo 24/7. people would go nuts. every scammer would sell to every grandma, people would start killing each other over bitcoins. how would mt.gox and the rest of the infrastructure do at this point ? if all this and much more complete madness is going on, what is to expect at 250 000,- $ ? mt.gox would be in smoking ruins.

let´s say mt.gox pulls all the way through 1 btc = 1 million $  
if one cashes out his 100 btc he would have 100 mio $ on his account. (would sure look nice)
with the current rate of withdrawel of 10 000,- $ a month...  hm...  nice income for the next 833 years.  

much more likely: failing infrastructure making it bumpy all the way up to....  (?)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

It's gonna be bitcoin for sure. It cannot be stopped anymore, no way. I think it will reach $1M (per BTC) before Christmas this year, but the long-term value is not so high.

we all wish this could become true. but...

how should the bitcoin infrastructure cope with that ? remember the spike a few weeks ago ? mt.gox couldn´t handle it. lag. laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag... panic sell lemming stunt. while at the same time bitcointalk went offline, bitcoincharts went offline, no more prices, other exchanges getting in trouble because users went away from mt.gox ... it was a desaster.

at 250 $

what would happen at 2500,- ? imagine the media coverage. everything would get really crazy at a 2500 level. but what about 25 000,- ? pure madness. it would be in daily news, some news would start to broadcast live from tokyo 24/7. people would go nuts. every scammer would sell to every grandma, people would start killing each other over bitcoins. how would mt.gox and the rest of the infrastructure do at this point ? if all this and much more complete madness is going on, what is to expect at 250 000,- $ ? mt.gox would be in smoking ruins.

let´s say mt.gox pulls all the way through 1 btc = 1 million $  
if one cashes out his 100 btc he would have 100 mio $ on his account. (would sure look nice)
with the current rate of withdrawel of 10 000,- $ a month...  hm...  nice income for the next 833 years.  

much more likely: failing infrastructure making it bumpy all the way up to....  (?)

Of course it's bumpy, but that will just be a killing upon a killing for OTC dealers, like me.

If you want to learn how to profit, there is a summit in my sig.

Gox will be replaced by a dealer network this year

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: