Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inaba (Josh BFL ) Please pay your debt - Moderators,please take action!  (Read 4468 times)
ursa (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:52:54 PM

Hi,
Some time ago, BFL (via Inaba) , told to everybody in this community that if they won't meet the power specs in their first line of ASIC products .
This led to many things and the mining hardware marked had to suffer because of his statements . for example, ZTEX stopped producing FPGA boards , and many other because of the lack of intrest because everybody was so "frightened" about the ASICS. BFL made a lot of damage with their statements...

First of all Josh should pay his debt ( 1000 BTC to charity) and then discuss further more about BFL's status. But let's face it, BFL pays for advertisement in this forum and the owners don't want to loose their contributes , even if it harms a lot of people
let's see where this gets...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fizban

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:57:44 PM

The action should be to stop all these pointless posts and topics
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:59:14 PM

No Fizban, Josh needs to also pay his bet with Runeks once the 24 hours test of one of the delivered Jalapeños is completed.

1000 BTC to Runeks. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.0

The charity 1000BTC is completely different.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:01:07 PM

2 posts about this on first page. Lets go for three. Gogogogogoogogogog!

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:02:02 PM

>> Inaba (Josh BFL ) Please pay your debt - Moderators,please take action!

Bitcointalk moderators moonlight as collections agents?  Do they break legs or fingers too?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Fizban

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

That might be, but it is still a pointless topic along with the 500 other "we hate BFL" topics.

The only thing you get out of it is ppl leaving the forums and ignoring everything posted.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:05:16 PM

That might be, but it is still a pointless topic along with the 500 other "we hate BFL" topics.

The only thing you get out of it is ppl leaving the forums and ignoring everything posted.

Please speak for everyone more.

I love how noobs like you try to generalize everyone to doing one specific thing. Put us on ignore if you can't handle it lol

I love how your profile was created on April 20th, 2013 and you presume to know how people will react to our threads lol. BFL SHILL? I think so... lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

ursa (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:08:44 PM

In my opinion , a company who sustains something and makes a bet and then,it won't back it up , shouldn't be allowed to advertise
There are a lot of newbies on this forum that have no idea of BFL's failures and when they see the advertisements on this forum , they buy because they trust this forum and they don't think that it could be a scam ( since the company has a paid advertisement on a reputable forum)

t13hydra

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:09:22 PM

True.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:11:28 PM

In my opinion , a company who sustains something and makes a bet and then,it won't back it up , shouldn't be allowed to advertise
There are a lot of newbies on this forum that have no idea of BFL's failures and when they see the advertisements on this forum , they buy because they trust this forum and they don't think that it could be a scam ( since the company has a paid advertisement on a reputable forum)

+1 BFL is indebted so much at this point they need to pay the charity bet and also ...

Josh (BFL COO) needs to pay his bet of 1000 BTC to Runeks. Anyone who has a Jala please do a 24 hour power test so this bet between Josh and Runeks can be FINALIZED and OFFICIAL.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

minternj

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:12:04 PM

Noo waii. We demand moar posts !!

aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:13:42 PM

2 posts about this on first page. Lets go for three. Gogogogogoogogogog!

Only two post? that scandal, BFL lying about the specifics there are 1,000 post ...
minternj

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:15:01 PM

Specifically about the bet as the topic. Either way we need moaaar post about it nnnnnow.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:25:20 PM

Just saying: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.0

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:57:31 PM

Ursa has been banned after being silenced in a bad way ...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 05:04:20 PM

Indeed. Maybe after he calms down he can come back, but he needs a break, and needs to stop spamming the forum.

FUCK OFF STUPID COMPUTER RAT!!!
You can ban me , delete my account or whatever you wish ...i don't give a shit about you or your lame forum of your lame rat life
Personal Opinion for you ... : Get a life!

Feel free to stop sending me messages anytime, you lost the privilege of a personal conversation  Smiley. You can post in one of the 4 threads you made and I might respond when I get around to it.

I gave him several chances, he chose not to take them. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:41:21 AM

Scammer and a liar.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:39:11 AM

Well I meant to respond to Smoothie's link, which I did, but then noticed the last post was in May, so I deleted that at the risk of necroposting. So I'm moving my personal opinion here.

Someone should get ahold of Josh, because for the benefit of the doubt, he could have forgotten over a year period. If he refuses to pay up, I believe he should get a similar Untrustworthy tag as MNW. Until otherwise settled by Runeks. Runeks may accept a few BTC and call the bet settled due to BTC price increase.

Will Josh pay the 1,000 BTC to Charity? Maybe, it would be pretty good publicity, especially if it made national headlines, "BTC Company donates to cancer society" worth $120,000 ehhh, maybe?

Will Josh pay the 1,000 BTC to Runeks, I don't imagine so, but maybe Rune will get something out of it. This is pretty much exactly the same situation as MNW's bet. Overbet, not going to pay, become tagged as untrustworthy, pay something (hopefully). Its really up to Runeks to demand the scammer tag if not satisfied by the outcome of the bet.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:17:14 AM

If he refuses to pay up, I believe he should get a similar Untrustworthy tag as MNW.

Will never happen. The forum administration here tacitly supports Butterfly Labs due to their noteworthy advertising revenue.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:57:59 AM

Will never happen. The forum administration here tacitly supports Butterfly Labs due to their noteworthy advertising revenue.

While it is true that BFL does purchase a large number of ads, do keep in mind that only small portion of that actually goes to administrators and moderators, aprox 25% distributed through the entire staff. Not only that, but checking through last weeks ad report

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268684.msg2928652#msg2928652

BFL recieved no Ads.

And for this week: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273242.msg2975856#msg2975856

It looks like Inaba will get some ad slots (Outbid while I was typing), but its not like there aren't many other bidders lining up to take BFL's place.

Keep in mind, what I just posted is assuming there actually is some sort of bias toward BFL because of their ad revenue. If BFL was esentially funding the entire forum's operation, I'd say most likely there would be some bias. But from the last few advertising reports, it doesn't seem that BFL is actually contributing any more than other people who want the spots. BFL has up to this point just found it profitable somehow to bid high to assure people saw their ads.

I'm sure plenty staff members dislike BFL, and I'm sure plenty of staff members like BFL. Its just a hard decision to determine whether or not they are scammers or not. I personally did not think BFL would ship at one point. But then I've had friends who did recieve their miners, so I know they did indeed ship, but at what point is too long, etc, etc... You know. At this point, I honestly don't think money is the issue. If BFL didn't pay X BTC for an ad slot or 5, someone else would. I think the issue lies on how the term scammer is all subjective. Did they take people's money? Yes. Did they make people wait longer than they promised? Yes. Was the wait excessively long? Probably, a lot say yes, there are probably a few people who don't mind. Are people getting what they paid for? Yes. Are people getting what they paid for fast? No. It just keeps going like that. If we made a survey for 10,000 people about their opinions of BFL, Id say a solid amount would say its a scam, orders aren't being processed fast enough, etc. But there would also be a few that say it isn't a scam, but orders aren't being shipped fast enough. And there would also be those that say it isn't a scam and orders are being shipped fast enough.

Admins are the only ones who have a say in scammer tags, so my opinion doesn't sway anything, but

I think they took way too long to ship, broke their shipping dates repeatedly, have bad customer service/PR, are disorganized, and I would not send them any of my money at any point. However, I personally do not think they are scammers for one sole reason. They are shipping. Theres a difference between a company that is just a mess, and those that are scammers.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: