Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inaba (Josh BFL ) Please pay your debt - Moderators,please take action!  (Read 4468 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:25:05 AM

Are people getting what they paid for? Yes.

Can you point to any customer that has received a USB-power Jalapeno?

Shipping products that don't meet paid-for specs: Scammer.
Lying about shipping dates: Scammer.
Refusing refunds: Scammer.
Failing to pay lost bets: Scammer.

Buy & Hold
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:41:30 AM

Nope, but I also can't point to anyone who recieved a 3.5Ghash Jalapeno (original hash prediction) but I don't see anyone complaining on that front. The power specs are another issue, which I would categorize back into the "disorganized mess of a company" category, the same with shipping dates. I do believe they thought they could ship many times over the last 9 months, however were wrong. Refusing refunds is partially true. People were offered refunds multiple times however, so the issue became not wanting to lose your spot in line. A) When the power and hash specs changed. Also meaning the "Shipping Products that don't meet paid for specs" is incorrect, they changed the specs, and people had to confirm they wanted to keep their order with the changed specs, or have an immediate refund. B) If you paid with paypal and could take your refund at any time or C) If you requested a refund before they started "shipping". And I do agree that not paying lost bets is scummy hence my first post where I said I believed a Untrustworthy tag would be in order, just like when MNW failed to pay lost bets.

I still stick by my opinon that BFL is a poorly run company, but not a scam.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:17:47 AM

The action should be to stop all these pointless posts and topics

Name:   Fizban
Activity:   24
Position:   Member
Date Registered:   April 20, 2013, 06:34:31 AM
Last Active:   August 20, 2013, 10:57:33 PM

I concur! And people should quit posting stats of other users.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:19:15 AM

That might be, but it is still a pointless topic along with the 500 other "we hate BFL" topics.

The only thing you get out of it is ppl leaving the forums and ignoring everything posted.

Please speak for everyone more.

I love how noobs like you try to generalize everyone to doing one specific thing. Put us on ignore if you can't handle it lol

I love how your profile was created on April 20th, 2013 and you presume to know how people will react to our threads lol. BFL SHILL? I think so... lol

I'm going to bed. I thought this was a new thread.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:21:48 AM

Conducting customer service for sockpuppets while ignoring other ongoing issues: SCAMMER!
Painting his poodle rainbow colors: SICK!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:24:10 AM

Will never happen. The forum administration here tacitly supports Butterfly Labs due to their noteworthy advertising revenue.

While it is true that BFL does purchase a large number of ads, do keep in mind that only small portion of that actually goes to administrators and moderators, aprox 25% distributed through the entire staff. Not only that, but checking through last weeks ad report

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268684.msg2928652#msg2928652

BFL recieved no Ads.

And for this week: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273242.msg2975856#msg2975856

It looks like Inaba will get some ad slots (Outbid while I was typing), but its not like there aren't many other bidders lining up to take BFL's place.

Keep in mind, what I just posted is assuming there actually is some sort of bias toward BFL because of their ad revenue. If BFL was esentially funding the entire forum's operation, I'd say most likely there would be some bias. But from the last few advertising reports, it doesn't seem that BFL is actually contributing any more than other people who want the spots. BFL has up to this point just found it profitable somehow to bid high to assure people saw their ads.

I'm sure plenty staff members dislike BFL, and I'm sure plenty of staff members like BFL. Its just a hard decision to determine whether or not they are scammers or not. I personally did not think BFL would ship at one point. But then I've had friends who did recieve their miners, so I know they did indeed ship, but at what point is too long, etc, etc... You know. At this point, I honestly don't think money is the issue. If BFL didn't pay X BTC for an ad slot or 5, someone else would. I think the issue lies on how the term scammer is all subjective. Did they take people's money? Yes. Did they make people wait longer than they promised? Yes. Was the wait excessively long? Probably, a lot say yes, there are probably a few people who don't mind. Are people getting what they paid for? Yes. Are people getting what they paid for fast? No. It just keeps going like that. If we made a survey for 10,000 people about their opinions of BFL, Id say a solid amount would say its a scam, orders aren't being processed fast enough, etc. But there would also be a few that say it isn't a scam, but orders aren't being shipped fast enough. And there would also be those that say it isn't a scam and orders are being shipped fast enough.

Admins are the only ones who have a say in scammer tags, so my opinion doesn't sway anything, but

I think they took way too long to ship, broke their shipping dates repeatedly, have bad customer service/PR, are disorganized, and I would not send them any of my money at any point. However, I personally do not think they are scammers for one sole reason. They are shipping. Theres a difference between a company that is just a mess, and those that are scammers.

If it smells like shit... it probably is shit.

Guys lied and failed to pay his lost bets off and given they continue to misrepresent deliver times as well as FAILING to offer refunds according to the FTC this forum should give the guy the tag already. There is evidence it is clear and there is really no defending this person or BFL. Boycott them and let the community be free of this scourge.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:58:11 AM

No Fizban, Josh needs to also pay his bet with Runeks once the 24 hours test of one of the delivered Jalapeños is completed.

1000 BTC to Runeks. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.0

The charity 1000BTC is completely different.

Better idea: BFL should get together with MtGox to make the Bitcoin Scam Foundation.

Oh snap.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:41:55 AM

No Fizban, Josh needs to also pay his bet with Runeks once the 24 hours test of one of the delivered Jalapeños is completed.

Better idea: BFL should get together with MtGox to make the Bitcoin Scam Foundation.

Oh snap.

Are you saying...

Inaba = Shady.
BFL = Shady.
MtGox = Shady.
Bitcoin Foundation = Shady.

Ouch.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 01:26:28 PM

Oh snap.

Are you saying...

Inaba = Shady.
BFL = Shady.
MtGox = Shady.
Bitcoin Foundation = Shady.

Ouch.

And then we can get the Bitcoin Scam Foundation to donate to Bitcointalk theymos' personal wallet.

Oh sn-h-apples.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Red_Wolf_2

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:50:53 PM

Scammer and a liar.

Bicknellski, are you going around necroing every single anti-bfl (or related) thread you can find? Seriously, its kinda annoying as it fills all the forums up with out of date crap.

Probably should put something here.... Maybe an LTC address?
LeNdJidEvsyogSu2KbC1u3bfJSdcjACFsF
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:25:12 PM

Red_Wolf_2, are you going around...
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 05:29:04 PM

Penis Gauge, are you really going around stealing funds from Bitcoin100?!?! Our esteemed leader, best member of bitcointalk for 2013, Inaba, said so...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

my jan 31 jalapeno order was marked as fulfilled on Thursday, but i have not received an email or tracking info yet. I'm in the southern US, i will make sure i post when i receive it.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:57:58 AM

my jan 31 jalapeno order was marked as fulfilled on Thursday, but i have not received an email or tracking info yet. I'm in the southern US, i will make sure i post when i receive it.

See you in 2014.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:21:09 AM

See you in 2014.

Snapppp!

Oh no you just didn't.

Rawted

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:23:46 PM

See you in 2014.
Lol, let's hope not.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

And once again Josh is silent on the matter.

He claimed in another thread that Runeks and he worked out a deal. But none of that was ever made public nor publicly confirmed by Runeks.

Is it a surprise that when Josh is actually asked to back up his MOUTH with actual money that he refuses to? Not really. Just look at the business practices of where he works currently.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:15:13 PM

He claimed in another thread that Runeks and he worked out a deal. But none of that was ever made public nor publicly confirmed by Runeks.

Is it a surprise that when Josh is actually asked to back up his MOUTH with actual money that he refuses to? Not really. Just look at the business practices of where he works currently.

Code:
The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, 
and is not upon anyone else to prove the negative. The inability, or disinclination,
to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.
The example of not being able to disprove a teapot in orbit serves to illustrate how any
claim, no matter how absurd, could be validated if this faulty logic was accepted.

Again he made the claim so he has the burden of proof. Without it he is a liar.

Rawted

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:10:22 PM

Received the tracking number email today. Marked shipped on Thursday 8/22 within BFL's system, label printed Monday 8/26, and has yet to be mailed out (no check-in/origin scan from USPS as of yet).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

Code:
The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, 
and is not upon anyone else to prove the negative. The inability, or disinclination,
to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.
The example of not being able to disprove a teapot in orbit serves to illustrate how any
claim, no matter how absurd, could be validated if this faulty logic was accepted.

Again he made the claim so he has the burden of proof. Without it he is a liar.

Josh Zerlan, COO, of BFL is a LIAR!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: