Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus prime Z270-p  (Read 31538 times)
Damien360

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:14:45 AM

I've tried adding more virtual memory (like 20 GB) and same issue.
Btw, I've checked and while mining, system is using less than 3 GB of RAM, and I've 8 GB installed.
rebelmalangi

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

Dears I am also having the same issue now, 6 GPUs are fine but 7 GPU on M.2 slot Windows get crash sometimes after 3 , 4 Random time and when I check Windows even it show display driver crash and recover.

Asus release new Intel Graphic Driver , Chipset driver for Windows 10 Stability issue.
AMD installing latest AMD driver 17.7.1

Will share the result with you guys if it get stable.

If anyone of you able to run stable Z270-P with 7 or 8 GPUs on Windows 10 x64 , please share your bios setting and drivers details to help us
rebelmalangi

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:04:06 AM

Hi Guys,
             Good news for me now system is stable up and running without any issue for 7 GPUs, I have not tried 8 GPU till now but I believe that will work also.

For all those who are struggling with this issue. please follow below steps

First remove all the GPUs and perform below installation and then start connecting GPUs. (Better one by one)

Uninstall all the Intel drivers , Chipset driver.

Windows 10 x64 (restart system after every windows driver installation)

1 : Install Chipset Driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
2 : Install new Graphic driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
3 : Install latest Lan Driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
4 : Install Latest Sata driver

AMD :
Install Latest driver 17.7.1 with all the features
Run Overclock Patch if card are overclock
Restart

on Bios :
Keep all the PCIe option to Auto except PCH Config :
1. DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO
2. PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO
3. Advanced -->  PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1"
4. Enable 4G decoding once add more GPU's

POC Image : http://prntscr.com/fz53so

Kudos

Donation are welcome if help
BTC: 1KPMwdXz7HtQ3rKrdJHhbH8JWsy1BtaBYo
ETH: 0x1f7165bcc39b24f1291a99b0217d3989ebb98830
ETC :  0x33be2833f24291c27e6f158bfd04006e377aaac8
DCR: DsVQW3nee2SQve7aZJLiGvD3QSP1AHYLdbH
dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:07:58 AM

I have 2 rigs with 7 pascal gpus mining without problems on win7 x64.
The bios 0808 and all 3 pci-e related settings to gen3. Pimary gpu adapter set to pcie, audio disabled, serial port disabled.
Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:25:09 AM

Hi Guys,
             Good news for me now system is stable up and running without any issue for 7 GPUs, I have not tried 8 GPU till now but I believe that will work also.

For all those who are struggling with this issue. please follow below steps

First remove all the GPUs and perform below installation and then start connecting GPUs. (Better one by one)

Uninstall all the Intel drivers , Chipset driver.

Windows 10 x64 (restart system after every windows driver installation)

1 : Install Chipset Driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
2 : Install new Graphic driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
3 : Install latest Lan Driver latest from Asus Website 19/7/2017
4 : Install Latest Sata driver

AMD :
Install Latest driver 17.7.1 with all the features
Run Overclock Patch if card are overclock
Restart

on Bios :
Keep all the PCIe option to Auto except PCH Config :
1. DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO
2. PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO
3. Advanced -->  PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1"
4. Enable 4G decoding once add more GPU's

thanx for the guide, in 10 days I will try to add 2 more cards to my rig, will see how it goes
zorranco

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Hello, any1 noticed if AC power on power loss stopped working with the latest BIOS?

Well, not exactly, with older BIOS, you could power on only tapping the power button on the power supply. But I updated to latest BIOS (to have 4G decoding enabled) and now it doesn't turn on the same way. I must unplug the power cord first, plug again and then it works, but it's a bit of an inconvenience.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:30:08 PM

Hello, any1 noticed if AC power on power loss stopped working with the latest BIOS?

Well, not exactly, with older BIOS, you could power on only tapping the power button on the power supply. But I updated to latest BIOS (to have 4G decoding enabled) and now it doesn't turn on the same way. I must unplug the power cord first, plug again and then it works, but it's a bit of an inconvenience.

Its meant for accidental shutdowns or power losses. If you just turn the mains off and back on, system will boot. If you shutdown your pc properly, well then its not accidental, and just turning power back on will not work immidiately, thats not what the feature is built for.
In such a case as you stated, you need to power cycle, which means turn off the PSU and wait a minute for the capacitors on the PSU/motherboard to discharge.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
zorranco

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:17:12 AM

Ok, I understand, it is just before the BIOS update, you could turn on (from user shutdown) any moment you wanted. I was using it this way because I read that this is the way to go when you don't have a case or power button (first rig).

Thanks 4 reply.
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:56:30 PM

Ok, I understand, it is just before the BIOS update, you could turn on (from user shutdown) any moment you wanted. I was using it this way because I read that this is the way to go when you don't have a case or power button (first rig).

Thanks 4 reply.

You could always just start it by connecting the PWR_SW pins on the motherboard together. I'm just using a screwdriver for this, works like a charm!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDxffHFbFJc

On the z270 Prime its the two pins to the top right, if I remember correctly. The pins should be marked with text below.
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 03:54:26 PM

The bios 0808 and all 3 pci-e related settings to gen3. Pimary gpu adapter set to pcie, audio disabled, serial port disabled.

Win 7 ?  i have tried 6 but not yet 7... anyway 8 gpu is not a problem with z270p + win10 ...

anyone tried 12 gpu....?

goodluck

dominuspro

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:00:45 PM

Win 7 ?  i have tried 6 but not yet 7... anyway 8 gpu is not a problem with z270p + win10 ...

anyone tried 12 gpu....?

goodluck

ETH mining? It must be amd then... nvidia is another story. AMD works also with pci-e spllitters so no problems running more cards in a single rig.
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:07:36 PM

anyone tried 12 gpu....?

goodluck

ETH mining? It must be amd then... nvidia is another story. AMD works also with pci-e spllitters so no problems running more cards in a single rig.

Nope its Nvidia .... there is no option for amd here in my country......
anubyss

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:28:36 PM

I currently have 7 gtx 1070 running and am just waiting on the 8th card to arrive.  Thanks to those who posted on this thread as I read all of it before getting my rig to run last weekend!

It's currently using two evga cards, two msi cards, two zotac cards and one asus card (with another asus card coming).  It just sort of worked out in pairs as I purchase four cards used and four cards new from Amazon.

915 Watts.  Less than I expected.
http://tohktohk.com/pics/killawatt.jpg

http://tohktohk.com/pics/afterburner.jpg

Just need to make sure everything is stable before doing some cable managing.
http://tohktohk.com/pics/fans.jpg

Jonet

Activity: 82
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:29:32 AM

Hi everybody!

I see a few have 8 gpu's running via M.2 adapters. Can SATA and M.2 ports be used at the same time or do you have to boot from an USB-drive?
dominuspro

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:59:48 PM

On my both rigs i get 8th gpu detected in device manager and everything seems ok for few seconds but then 1 of the gpus allways gets an exclamation mark.
So I hope it's win 7 related and i'm going to try win10.
dominuspro

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:22:23 PM

In win 10 8 gpu setup works without even installing separately the nvidia drivers. I would be happier to achieve it with win 7 but at least it works Wink
ssdaytona

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:21:43 PM

I've got 7x 1070's running in my rig also. I'm using the blue version 006c 6pin risers. I set mine to "gen1" pcie. does gen1, gen2, or gen3 work better?

I currently have 7 gtx 1070 running and am just waiting on the 8th card to arrive.  Thanks to those who posted on this thread as I read all of it before getting my rig to run last weekend!

It's currently using two evga cards, two msi cards, two zotac cards and one asus card (with another asus card coming).  It just sort of worked out in pairs as I purchase four cards used and four cards new from Amazon.

915 Watts.  Less than I expected.
http://tohktohk.com/pics/killawatt.jpg

http://tohktohk.com/pics/afterburner.jpg

Just need to make sure everything is stable before doing some cable managing.
http://tohktohk.com/pics/fans.jpg

anubyss

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:05:08 AM

First thing I did was the bios update to 810 then enable '4G decoding'.  I started the bios setting at gen2 for all without success and then gen1 for all without any success.  I then tried leaving everything on auto and just setting the pcie configuration on gen1 and all seven cards were recognized.  After all the video cards were seen, I didn't try adjusting the setting at all.  It took a weekend to get my rig up and running I didn't want to test to see if there were gains to be made from setting anything on gen1 or gen2.  

I am also using the blue 006C version.  Odd thing is the first eight I ordered from Amazon came with the little tabs that lock the riser on the card but the second time I ordered it, it came without the tabs but seems to fit much tighter on the card.  They are both working fine though.  I ordered the second set thinking it was the risers that was causing the original problem but that wasn't it.

On a side note my two MSI Armor Geforce GTX 1070 OC Edition 8GB seems to run the hottest at 60-64 degrees.  Others are in the 50-55 range.  
Brockshad

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:11:10 AM

GUYS SOLUTION!!!

I've been sitting here and try to get this dumb piece of sh*t to work for almost 3 days now.

So here it is:

All you have to do is download Bios v0808 that has been released 23.06.17. Put it on a USB stick which is formated with fat 32 (internet update didn't work with me for some reason)

- Remove all Cards/ Risers, plug in your USB Stick with the Bios on it. Plug in your HDMI Cable to the motherboard.

- Boot

- While booting express your rage by hiting that mf*cking f2 key several times to enter the Bios.

- After entering the Bios, press F7 and navigate to Tools

- Open EZflash and choose Upgrade from Storage. Update your Bios to Version 0808.

- Reboot while pressing F2 several times again to Enter BIOS

- Press F7

- Go Advanced ----> System Agent (SA) Configuration ----> Enable "Above 4 G Decoding"

(DMI/OPI CONFIGURATION --->DMI MAX LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO! Dont change these..)

(PEG PORT CONFIGURATION ---> PCIEX16_1 LINK SPEED will stay at AUTO ! Dont change these..)

- Go back to Advanced, then PCH CONFIGUTATION ---> PCI Express Configuration----> change PCIe Speed to "GEN1"

That should do it!

Some other usefull stuff:

- Advanced ---> APM Configuration ---> change Restore AC Power Loss to "Power ON" (Rig goes on as soon as PSU delivers Power, no need to press on button or short pins)
 - Boot---> Next Boot after AC Power Loss, change to "Fast Boot" (boots faster)
 - Boot---> Boot configuration ---> Post Delay Time, change to 0 sec (for no Post delay, in Case miner restarts.)

When done in BIOS, Press F10, Save and reboot.

prey.

Hope this helps... ASUS PEOPLE, YOU DIDNT MAKE THIS EASY FOR US

How many GPUs are you running? I am only able to get 7 to register in windows and linux. Doesn't seem to recognize #8.
milospinkfloyd

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:36:53 AM

one advice for making 6+ gpu rigs: first of all make sure that one single cards shows picture on monitor stabbed in EVERY single PCIe and M.2 or PCIe splitter or whatever else you use, until than you have to play with those GEN1,2,3 settings. Mine board (h270 plus) is working with everything set to GEN2. Also not to mention that 4g decoding ON is must option. For 8+ GPU you have to use win10 (dont know about win 8.1), 7 gpu works fine on win7. Also have in mind that m.2 adapters are shitty quality and half of them doesnt work, so picture test is must option
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: