Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus prime Z270-p  (Read 31538 times)
Pijany_Pastor

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:42:18 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am new in crypto and trying to build my first rig contains 8x rx570 4gb on z270-p prime but no luck so far.
My issue is that rig doesn't go up with more than 4 cards and constantly rebooting just after show Asus logo (the moment when you can enter to bios). Bios is already set as was adviced earlier in this topic, but still no progress.
There was a moment that I was able to run 6 cards, but after adding another one I was again able to run only four.
So far I made following checks:
   1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK
   3. PCI-E ports on mobo - OK
   4. Power supply's (2x650 gold) - with 4 cards loaded in windows (no mining) it takes around 100W so should be ok at least for setting them up.
   5. Bios settings - OK - 4g enabled, and Gen1 (also tried different settings of them, but without success).

As rig doesn't even try to load OS my suspicious put on bios version. I think I made a mistake by upgrading it to newest version - 1002.
Now I am wondering if there is possibility to downgrade to 0808? And if so from where I can get this version? Can't find it on Asus website as well as on Internet.

Will highly appreciate any help and advices.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:25:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am new in crypto and trying to build my first rig contains 8x rx570 4gb on z270-p prime but no luck so far.
My issue is that rig doesn't go up with more than 4 cards and constantly rebooting just after show Asus logo (the moment when you can enter to bios). Bios is already set as was adviced earlier in this topic, but still no progress.
There was a moment that I was able to run 6 cards, but after adding another one I was again able to run only four.
   1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK
   4. Power supply's (2x650 gold) - with 4 cards loaded in windows (no mining) it takes around 100W so should be ok at least for setting them up.
   5. Bios settings - OK - 4g enabled, and Gen1 (also tried different settings of them, but without success).

As rig doesn't even try to load OS my suspicious put on bios version. I think I made a mistake by upgrading it to newest version - 1002.
Now I am wondering if there is possibility to downgrade to 0808? And if so from where I can get this version? Can't find it on Asus website as well as on Internet.

Try this. 
Use only 3 cards plugged into first 3 pcie slots (from cpu end; 1x 16x and 1x in that order).  Disable 4g encoding.  All pcie config to Gen2.  Boot into windows > install drivers for 3 cards
If all good enable 4g encoding and try to boot into windows.  It should work fine.  Install drivers for rest (if auto install not enabled)
asalami

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:05:31 AM

Hi guys i have same motherboard z270-p with 5 rx 570 8gb &  1 rx 580 8gb
 ???my problem is that when i boot my rig with 5 cards without connecting riser in 2nd pciex16 slot i can go till desktop, but when i plug in the 6th card in 2nd pciex16 slot it keeps on restarting before i see windows screen or gives a blank screen.
I tried many bios combination from this thread please help will reward  Wink
heavyarms1912

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:30:58 AM

???my problem is that when i boot my rig with 5 cards without connecting riser in 2nd pciex16 slot i can go till desktop, but when i plug in the 6th card in 2nd pciex16 slot it keeps on restarting before i see windows screen or gives a blank screen.

Try this. 
Boot to BIOS > Disable 4g encoding > Install 3 cards 2 x RX570 and 1 x RX580 with drivers.  RX570 would need atidmag patcher.
Boot to BIOS > Enable 4g encoding > Install rest of RX570.  You would see the dev manager might have market rest of the cards as unsigned.  Sign again with atidmag.

mb3h4sh

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:49:11 AM

Anyone tried PCI-E 1x 1 to 4 USB 3.0 Extender Riser on this board ?
That would in theory get 11 gpu
asalami

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:42:08 AM

Try this. 
Boot to BIOS > Disable 4g encoding > Install 3 cards 2 x RX570 and 1 x RX580 with drivers.  RX570 would need atidmag patcher.
Boot to BIOS > Enable 4g encoding > Install rest of RX570.  You would see the dev manager might have market rest of the cards as unsigned.  Sign again with atidmag.

thanks for the help guys
I think this thread covers many possible ways to solve the cards issues.
I solved my problem by just connecting the hdmi cable to 2nd pciex16 slot gpu.
Thanks for the help
Pijany_Pastor

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:56:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK

Try this. 
Use only 3 cards plugged into first 3 pcie slots (from cpu end; 1x 16x and 1x in that order).  Disable 4g encoding.  All pcie config to Gen2.  Boot into windows > install drivers for 3 cards
If all good enable 4g encoding and try to boot into windows.  It should work fine.  Install drivers for rest (if auto install not enabled)

Thanks a lot for this, but my problem had different root cause. Monitor cable plugged into integrated graphic card!
I was sure that monitor has to be connected to motherboard, but seems its not like that. I found post on another forum where one guy described similar issue and he presented solution where he simply connected his screen to primray GPU (this one plugged into first x16 PCI-E slot from CPU side). Since I did the same my problem was gone Smiley
I hope it will be usefull for somebody!
heavyarms1912

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:32:08 PM

Hello Everyone,

1. Risers - OK
   2. GPU's - OK

Try this. 

Thanks a lot for this, but my problem had different root cause. Monitor cable plugged into integrated graphic card!
I was sure that monitor has to be connected to motherboard, but seems its not like that. I found post on another forum where one guy described similar issue and he presented solution where he simply connected his screen to primray GPU (this one plugged into first x16 PCI-E slot from CPU side). Since I did the same my problem was gone Smiley
I hope it will be usefull for somebody!

This did happen to me where I had to plug in the display cable (DVI) to primary GPU.  However, I am still using integrated GPU and have 9 cards plugged in on the same board after the above mentioned steps.
discipline45

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:13:05 AM

SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION

Here are the steps I took to get 6 gpus instantly working

1. Dont use onboard graphics, use primary graphics card
2. Enable 4G decoding
3. Perform clean install of latest nvidia drivers and reboot

Now WAIT AFTER IT RESTARTS. Hit control+shift+esc to bring up processes. Notice that Nvidia install manager starts running. It ran a total for 6 times for
me, presumably for each card. This takes a while (took 10 mins on mine). It will run in a loop between Nvidia stuff and windows installing.

Then your cards will show up.

If it works would mighty appreciate some coins!

BTC: 1JToePxsYm69YvitsccA8e8zfVjsAvb575
ETH: 0xf819a2BB3625Da0E46a68248Be3301709741504a

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:20:58 PM

I have a similar issue with this mobo that I can't seem to figure out.

3 GPUs (rx 580 4gb)  run fine, mining eth.

When i add the 4th, it shows as hashing at 0 mh/s and then says it hangs, it restarts the miner and that happens over and over.

I have all my cards attached using risers, none on the mobo itself, just because the physical way it's set up would make that difficult. Does that matter?

I have 4g encoding enabled, i have tried both gen 1 and auto. I uninstalled and re-installed drivers, no dice.

Any ideas?
Pijany_Pastor

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

I have a similar issue with this mobo that I can't seem to figure out.

3 GPUs (rx 580 4gb)  run fine, mining eth.

When i add the 4th, it shows as hashing at 0 mh/s and then says it hangs, it restarts the miner and that happens over and over.

I have all my cards attached using risers, none on the mobo itself, just because the physical way it's set up would make that difficult. Does that matter?

I have 4g encoding enabled, i have tried both gen 1 and auto. I uninstalled and re-installed drivers, no dice.

Any ideas?

Ok so first of all try exclude failed GPU's and risers, so:

1. connect only three GPU's, but now change one of those which you are 100% sure that works with the one which you tried to connect at the end. test it.
2. do the same with risers.

and most important: Do all tests with stock bios and clock/voltage settings! Time for OC will come when you finally get some basic stability of your rig.
RaminBAFS

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:01:11 AM

Hey guys,
(let me 1st say sry for my bad english!)
I have the same issue: when I add 5th card my rig goes to boot loop.
And I did all that was suggested (even disabling 10 USB and 4 SATA connections of my mobo) except installing windows using a UEFI USB, I simply installed it by using DVD.

Anyway I overcame this shirty thing by not using the 16x PCIe slot on my mobo cause if any of my 4 GPUs is connected to 16x slot no matter which slot I use for the 5th card it goes to boot loop.

So right now I have 7 GPUs connected to mobo by skipping the 16x slot and everything is working perfectly. I just can't seem to get what the fork is wrong with my freaking 16x slot!  Embarrassed

BTW I tried Gen1-Gen2 and not Auto configuration but I don't think that is what making the problem.
Any Ideas Huh Huh
Thnx
pyto00

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

Hey guys,
Hey guys,
(let me 1st say sry for my bad english!)
I have the same issue: when I add 5th card my rig goes to boot loop.
And I did all that was suggested (even disabling 10 USB and 4 SATA connections of my mobo) except installing windows using a UEFI USB, I simply installed it by using DVD.

Anyway I overcame this shirty thing by not using the 16x PCIe slot on my mobo cause if any of my 4 GPUs is connected to 16x slot no matter which slot I use for the 5th card it goes to boot loop.

So right now I have 7 GPUs connected to mobo by skipping the 16x slot and everything is working perfectly. I just can't seem to get what the fork is wrong with my freaking 16x slot!  Embarrassed

BTW I tried Gen1-Gen2 and not Auto configuration but I don't think that is what making the problem.
Any Ideas Huh Huh
Thnx

Same problem but with the last pcie-1x slot. It works when 1 gpu is plugged in the slot but it wont recognize the the card in that slot when there are 7 other gpu's connected. TRIED EVERYTHING, going to flash BIOS 0808 when I can find it. It happend when i updated the bios and when windows updated to version 1709...
RaminBAFS

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:18:50 PM

Same problem but with the last pcie-1x slot. It works when 1 gpu is plugged in the slot but it wont recognize the the card in that slot when there are 7 other gpu's connected. TRIED EVERYTHING, going to flash BIOS 0808 when I can find it. It happend when i updated the bios and when windows updated to version 1709...

Been and still am there! But at least yours boots mine immediately goes to boot loop. As you mentioned yourself problem is software wise, have you tried reinstalling the windows?

BTW if you found the BIOS version could you provide us with a link? Thnx.
dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:43:15 AM

Are You guys on windows 7 with those 8th gpu problems? It won't work... You need win10 or linux.
RaminBAFS

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

Are You guys on windows 7 with those 8th gpu problems? It won't work... You need win10 or linux.
Sure mate Win10 x64 Enterprise

My problem is not 8th GPU: it's the 5th card that makes my rig enter boot loop ONLY when one of those 5 cards is connected to 16x slot!
So if I skip the 16x slot I can add and run 7 cards easy and clean...Weird Lips sealed!
heavyarms1912

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:09:03 PM

Sure mate Win10 x64 Enterprise

My problem is not 8th GPU: it's the 5th card that makes my rig enter boot loop ONLY when one of those 5 cards is connected to 16x slot!
So if I skip the 16x slot I can add and run 7 cards easy and clean...Weird Lips sealed!

Tried to boot into safe mode with it?  You'll have to force safe boot by booting with your 7 cards and restart with safe mode enabled on next run. 
Force shutdown > plug in 8th card > boot into safe mode (if it works)
Gibert

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:49:21 PM

For all of u who are struggling as I was with getting GPU recognized. I got 8 RX550 from Sapphire on my Z270-P and I could not get more than 5 gpu recognized.

I suspected everything faulty M2, PCI lanes not working, riser not ok, faulty usb cable, bios settings, psu not ok, riser chip problems and so on and on.

At the end I started switching gpu's from non working spots to working spots and vice versa, since independent from position always the same 5 were working and the same three stayed unresponsive.

At the end 3 of the 8 GPU (37,5%) were DOA. I wold not have expected this. Anything but a DOA rate of 37,5 %

As tip don't wait to long for starting to  switch GPU from position, it might save you some time figuring out what is wrong as it would have saved me some time and sleep deprivation.
JustinJX

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:32:24 AM

Hey guys, I've got the h270plus which is pretty much the same.

I've got 7 GPUs working, and manage to isolate the issue to M.2_2 slot.
That's after swapping everything around, m2 riser, gpu, and all.

It doesn't matter if I use GPU as monitor or iGPU, it won't detect the card that's plugged into M.2_2 slot.

When I only have 6 GPUs, I tried one of them on M.2_1 and that works, when I move it to M.2_2 it doesn't work.

So yes, isolate that to M.2_2 slot. Regardless of the number of GPUs.

I have tried all different combination of bios settings, no luck.

This is the type of riser I am using which is M2 to USB 3.0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGFF-M-2-to-PCI-E-X16-Slot-Transfer-Card-Mining-Pcie-Riser-Card-VGA-Cable-Mini/152641034432?hash=item238a1d58c0:m:mNaDkKrgu1qY3l8SgUW9jhg

I think that might be the issue?

All the videos I saw online that runs 8 GPU successfully is using M2 to PCIE
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-4X-Female-to-NGFF-M-2-M-Male-Adapter-Converter-Card-for-Desktop-PC-TOP/162608141319?hash=item25dc335407:m:m8uOJvKBiH8NTq-VMqnxQLQ

Could that be the issue as one is 16X and the other is 4X? And to do with M.2_2 not able to work with the 16X card?

I've ordered the 4X on eBay and that will take a while to get here.

If anyone else has any insight, please do let me know how you get 8 GPU working.

https://www.asus.com/nz/Motherboards/PRIME-H270-PLUS/specifications/
1 x M.2 Socket 3*1, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode) <-- x4 PCIE
1 x M.2 Socket 3*2, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)*1 <-- x2 PCIE
MadHamster (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:39:13 PM

OP here, so the rig failed after with Z270-p failed after 10 months, first it failed to boot to WIN10, nevermind tried to switch to Simplemining, the OS on the stick got buggered on booting up. I managed to get 5 cards running on windows after a BIOS update to 1002 (plugging them in one after another with reboots). Rig ran for 15 minutes before the graphics failed...oh well Simplemining atempt 2 on the way...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: