Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: "fossil fuelled cars will disappear by 2025"  (Read 903 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:57:37 AM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/92592333/petrol-cars-will-vanish-in-8-years-says-us-report

the predicted timing is laughable however i think the guy will be eventually right a decade or two after that.

but the most interesting thing isn't the end of petrol and diesel, it's the end of car ownership.

i don't enjoy driving so the idea of renting something that'll drive itself to where i wanna go sounds great. i don't know how they'll ever address the legality and security vulnerabilities.

is it an idea you like or will you be sad if it happens?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:40:59 PM

If it's indeed true then it's good news for all of us as we will have our healthy environment once again and begin to live naturally like we used to before these petrochemicals destroyed the ozone later and exposed us to direct sunlight.
HEWRA

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:54:06 PM

I really doubt that will happen, 8 years is simply not enough for such a revolutionary change.
Companies that produce them will not agree with that, im sure it will not happen before 2040.
sunkiller

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:27:11 PM

This is a joke. However it's inevitable that fossil fuels will run out, or at least become so insufficient that their price will skyrocket beyond what normal people can afford and that will happen in the coming two decades or so. Surprisingly little is being done to prepare some alternative and if this keeps up I'm afraid the golden age of prosperity we're living in will eventually end.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

... right. And we will have bases on the moon by the 1990s.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
pressureonme

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:07:41 PM

USA is the garbage of the fossil fuelled cars, do you know that? First, USA gotta take a step in this area.
Sam7Sam

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:46:04 PM

Sooner or later it has to happen. I hope that this time will be thoroughly refined techniques for the use of alternative energy sources in automobiles. But oil is the only fuel, but also the main raw material for the chemical industry. How to replace it in this industry is the question.
arhh037

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:49:03 PM

maybe in europe, but in the rest of the world they will keep selling petrol/gas/ethanol powered cars until atleast 2100 or beyond . The technology is here and is expensive, electric cars are expensive to make, hybrids are the exception because they use petrol. Until they dont lower the costs of batteries or find better alternatives than petrol we will keep burning gas until 2100 and beyond
xebrox

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:13:49 PM

There are already some ways of producing artificial fossil fuels. There was this very promising method that involved special enzymes, which were found in the amazonian jungles and were responsible for decomposing the huge amounts of leaf mass that fall down from the trees. These enzymes could in theory be used to create artificial fossil fuel by sped up rotting of bio masses and such, and it was later even proven practically that this works. They were looking into ways of incorporating it into the industry, but I guess there's not much demand yet.

Still every such project progresses with baby steps, and the big governments at their best aren't too helpful.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:18:22 PM

USA is the garbage of the fossil fuelled cars, do you know that? First, USA gotta take a step in this area.

Many farmers run their diesel fueled tractors on filtered sunflower oil, that they grow.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
gollygosh

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:30:13 PM

and they will need no drivers and we will also need no workers as the machines will do all the work and drive their machine freinds to the jobs that need doing Smiley

criptobear

Activity: 131

Blockchain based interface to the physical world

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

ideally we will not need to move so much in the future but i would really like to live in a place with silent and sustainable built and fuelled with tesla juice cars
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:13:42 PM

and they will need no drivers and we will also need no workers as the machines will do all the work and drive their machine freinds to the jobs that need doing Smiley
Human labor will always be in demand. Just might change the nature of the work. You will not themselves to do the work and follow up mechanisms. So now is already happening in many factories. All modern airplanes have autopilot, but the pilot's profession has not disappeared. Also, I think 8 years is too little for such global changes.
ElBlaze

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:39:40 PM

The government and the military will have fossil fueled machines long after us civilians stop using them. I've already prepped a few barrels of gasoline in my basement as a long term investment for when gas prices go to the moon.
TryAngle

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:48:39 AM

At some point, another technology will take over in car engines. It may be electric or something else, but someone will make it cheaper and cleaner.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:57:21 AM

Well even in western countries it might happen that the fossil fuel cars may get eradicated by the year 2060,on the other hand in the developing countries it will take more than 80 years from now if there are electric companies set up very quickly otherwise it wont happen by that time also.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:58:42 AM

I doubt it that it will happen anywhere around 2025, conventional car technologies such as CNG/Hydrogen/Electric cars (Especially Electric) still have a long way to go.More like 2040~ I'd say.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ScriptYoYo

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:04:06 AM

This would be very good for the surrounding environment, but it seems to me it will not be so too fast or will be available only in certain cities through such a period of time.

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:52:17 PM

In 8 years, if I look back and remember this, than I’m going to laugh just as much as I did when I first read it. I don’t think that gasoline is going to be replaced within 10 years, and perhaps not even in my lifetime.

Also, I never plan to get behind the wheel of a self driving car; I see that way to dangerous (at least for me where I live), and I think I’ll always stick to car ownership (I don’t like the idea of paying for a vehicle that somebody else owns).

I think this is one of those “flying cars” predictions we got a couple decades ago.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:54:51 PM

I don't think so because electric cars are still expensive and there's no flying cars to resolve that either Smiley
Nathan047

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:50:24 AM

I love how the news outlet says that gasoline will be outdated "according to a US report," like it's a official report, while it's actually some random American predicting this with no information to back it up.
Also, based on the fact that they call gasoline "Petrol" I have a feeling that they are not American and have no idea what it is like in America; and that some random person read that report from the random person and decided to make an article about it.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:46:52 AM

I forever have to remind people that others are poor.
Plenty of people out there have no bank account or even a car.
As of right now.. i have neither.

Further more plenty of other countries are still developing.
Getting cars or web access to them is an ongoing issue.

What it boils down to is people who are middle class etc stuck with tunnel vision acting like the whole world is like them.

Lets be realistic, for one thing if there is money to be made in older tech it will continue to be pushed.
If there is still a demand then it will be provided at a cost.

It's sort of like idiots who think FIAT is almost about to vanish forever.
Not bloody likely in the next 100 years dumb ass's  Roll Eyes

Hey tons of people use Windows XP.
I know my old room-mate a few months back was using it.
I think the White House switched from it in 2013 i seen with a Neowin.net news story.
ATM's across the world use it.
But it doesn't stop opinionated idiots from spouting off because they "know things"  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:33:51 PM

I don't think so because electric cars are still expensive and there's no flying cars to resolve that either Smiley
We often see new models of electric vehicles, but it seems to me that it is running in a circle. All have understood that it is theoretically possible to have an electric car, but until then, the use of electric cars will not be cheaper than traditional fuel cars we will not see mass migration to them. Why there are no new technologies in the production of batteries? Maybe it's consciously going on to maintain the oil traders?
mightydollar

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

2025 is far too close and I'll tell you why I'm almost certain of that. Long before fossil fuels start running out causing cars to seize being manufactured, the multi billion automobile companies will have already been aware of that and taken measures to remain in the business after the end of fossil fueled cars. This process has not even begun, as most hybrids the big brands make are merely gimmicks to divert attention from their main production ruining the environment - a way for them to say that they're going green.

There are 8 years to 2025, not quite enough for these companies to change their production lines and factories to adapt to the changes.
daronch

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

They won't disappear, as there will still be many classics and vintages on the roads. Just maybe go out of production and all new cars replaced by electric?
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

Maybe fossil fuelled cars will disappear in very rich and small countries.
Nathan047

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

They won't disappear, as there will still be many classics and vintages on the roads. Just maybe go out of production and all new cars replaced by electric?
No, not anytime soon anyway. At the moment electric cars are very expensive and only used by environmental nuts who want to spend a lot of money to get a worse car and have the electric companies burn fossil fuels for them. If anybody invents a battery as efficient as a can of gasoline perhaps I'll put more faith in electric motors, but until then I'll never own an electric vehicle.

Also, in case you're wondering, I'm a middle class US citizen.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: