Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:09:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "fossil fuelled cars will disappear by 2025"  (Read 906 times)
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 02:50:24 AM

I love how the news outlet says that gasoline will be outdated "according to a US report," like it's a official report, while it's actually some random American predicting this with no information to back it up.
Also, based on the fact that they call gasoline "Petrol" I have a feeling that they are not American and have no idea what it is like in America; and that some random person read that report from the random person and decided to make an article about it.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:46:52 AM

I forever have to remind people that others are poor.
Plenty of people out there have no bank account or even a car.
As of right now.. i have neither.

Further more plenty of other countries are still developing.
Getting cars or web access to them is an ongoing issue.

What it boils down to is people who are middle class etc stuck with tunnel vision acting like the whole world is like them.

Lets be realistic, for one thing if there is money to be made in older tech it will continue to be pushed.
If there is still a demand then it will be provided at a cost.

It's sort of like idiots who think FIAT is almost about to vanish forever.
Not bloody likely in the next 100 years dumb ass's  Roll Eyes

Hey tons of people use Windows XP.
I know my old room-mate a few months back was using it.
I think the White House switched from it in 2013 i seen with a Neowin.net news story.
ATM's across the world use it.
But it doesn't stop opinionated idiots from spouting off because they "know things"  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:33:51 PM

I don't think so because electric cars are still expensive and there's no flying cars to resolve that either Smiley
We often see new models of electric vehicles, but it seems to me that it is running in a circle. All have understood that it is theoretically possible to have an electric car, but until then, the use of electric cars will not be cheaper than traditional fuel cars we will not see mass migration to them. Why there are no new technologies in the production of batteries? Maybe it's consciously going on to maintain the oil traders?
mightydollar

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

2025 is far too close and I'll tell you why I'm almost certain of that. Long before fossil fuels start running out causing cars to seize being manufactured, the multi billion automobile companies will have already been aware of that and taken measures to remain in the business after the end of fossil fueled cars. This process has not even begun, as most hybrids the big brands make are merely gimmicks to divert attention from their main production ruining the environment - a way for them to say that they're going green.

There are 8 years to 2025, not quite enough for these companies to change their production lines and factories to adapt to the changes.
daronch

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

They won't disappear, as there will still be many classics and vintages on the roads. Just maybe go out of production and all new cars replaced by electric?
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

Maybe fossil fuelled cars will disappear in very rich and small countries.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

They won't disappear, as there will still be many classics and vintages on the roads. Just maybe go out of production and all new cars replaced by electric?
No, not anytime soon anyway. At the moment electric cars are very expensive and only used by environmental nuts who want to spend a lot of money to get a worse car and have the electric companies burn fossil fuels for them. If anybody invents a battery as efficient as a can of gasoline perhaps I'll put more faith in electric motors, but until then I'll never own an electric vehicle.

Also, in case you're wondering, I'm a middle class US citizen.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: