Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the bitcoin community filled with scumbags?  (Read 1454 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:49:56 PM

BFL Josh - no comments needed
Avalon- Batch #2 delayed for 2 weeks, no communication
Kano & Luke Jr - Josh three way triangle love fest, hatred for eachother

These companies and developers are the face of bitcoin and they are all assholes. I guess when bitcoin becomes a one world currency it will easily be accepted by the scumbags who run the world. They ignore customers, talk down to them, verbally abuse them, and fight amongst each other like children. Is bitcoin the movement of psychologically disturbed people?

Below is an email to a company where I bought an extended battery from, maybe these assholes can learn a thing or two:

Sorry to hear that!  Here’s how we are going to help...  We have always attempted to treat each of our customers like we would want to be treated, and in light of that I have done two things: FIRST, I have shipped you out a replacement item of:

ITEM:   Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note II  Titanium Grey Back Cover
 TRACKING #:  *****

SECOND I have decided not to ask you to waste the time to ship back the defective item, and would ask that you just dispose of it when the working one arrives.

Thanks and have a good day,
 Christine
 Hyperion EA

--- Original message ---

Hi,

I ordered the extended note 2 battery and the back cover never really seated on the left side. Now it is completely loose only the right side is holding the cover on.

Please send another thanks

If this was loser Josh, the customer would of been degraded with such comments as "Pics or GTFO" "Liar!" "Or profane filled words", hopefully when new companies and developers enter bitcoin due to it's popularity these losers will die out to the breed of an actual human being, and not the inferior species that they have proved themselves to be.

Let me see if I have this correct. It's because, somewhat, of the issues you duly pointed out that I have expressed concerns of KNCMiner, an entity of which you champion, and have kindly shone upon naysayers like myself with a bad light.

Apologies if I come across as a scumbag.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pizza (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

BFL Josh - no comments needed
Avalon- Batch #2 delayed for 2 weeks, no communication
Kano & Luke Jr - Josh three way triangle love fest, hatred for eachother

These companies and developers are the face of bitcoin and they are all assholes. I guess when bitcoin becomes a one world currency it will easily be accepted by the scumbags who run the world. They ignore customers, talk down to them, verbally abuse them, and fight amongst each other like children. Is bitcoin the movement of psychologically disturbed people?

Below is an email to a company where I bought an extended battery from, maybe these assholes can learn a thing or two:

Sorry to hear that!  Here’s how we are going to help...  We have always attempted to treat each of our customers like we would want to be treated, and in light of that I have done two things: FIRST, I have shipped you out a replacement item of:

ITEM:   Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note II  Titanium Grey Back Cover
 TRACKING #:  *****

SECOND I have decided not to ask you to waste the time to ship back the defective item, and would ask that you just dispose of it when the working one arrives.

Thanks and have a good day,
 Christine
 Hyperion EA

--- Original message ---

Hi,

I ordered the extended note 2 battery and the back cover never really seated on the left side. Now it is completely loose only the right side is holding the cover on.

Please send another thanks

If this was loser Josh, the customer would of been degraded with such comments as "Pics or GTFO" "Liar!" "Or profane filled words", hopefully when new companies and developers enter bitcoin due to it's popularity these losers will die out to the breed of an actual human being, and not the inferior species that they have proved themselves to be.

Let me see if I have this correct. It's because, somewhat, of the issues you duly pointed out that I have expressed concerns of KNCMiner, an entity of which you champion, and have kindly shone upon naysayers like myself with a bad light.

Apologies if I come across as a scumbag.

Huh? Lol this has nothing to do with you. What you do is actually great do it for every company, you are not one in the scumbag category.
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 01:17:18 AM

Many of the people you mention, have technically brilliant skills in their fields, Hardware & software engineers of some description or another.

But that field was not necessarily include customer support / service skills. Even if some were thrust into that position.

They are the brains behind various operations / projects, those people in other bigger business' would not be public facing.
In the Bitcoin community it is more common place for projects regardless of size or complexity to be run by 1 or even a small handful of people.
So the option of hiding behind a layer of CS people is not an option for them.

Some have become bitter from years of abuse from too much direct informal contact with customers with unreasonable requests, blaming them directly for things etc, regardless if it was their fault or not. I'm not defending them, but usually as a company or project grows, the techs front facing duties are limited and customer support is handed off to someone better suited for the task and they are only consult when needed.
In the above mention names, this has not happened, so they've become like many who get abuse hurled at them too long... the effects are worse in some more than others.
Customer support is not that hard when you actually on sell things that you possess or are capable of delivering.   Look at FriedCat's blade auctions.   Think he is hassled by "all these unreasonable" customers you speak of?   No he is not because he does what he says.    People are "unreasonable" because Josh/Avalon/pirate etc. all promise things they cannot do, and then ignore or attach the people that point out the inconvenient truth.

Of course customer support is easier when things are going smoothly, it's when things go badly that you see if you really got the skill to handle it or not.
Over promising is dangerous (even if it gets sales) and has gotten many in hot water and not everyone is suited to CS.
Friedcat is someone who shown to do a good job in this area, but he also appears to have a good team behind him.

That balance is needed and apparently not everyone on that list has a good balance of skills in their team.

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:22:42 AM

That's refreshing. As far as the BTC community, what can you expect from a group of people trying to make a quick $ (BTC)?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:30:27 AM

That's refreshing. As far as the BTC community, what can you expect from a group of people trying to make a quick $ (BTC)?

Pot calling kettle black?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:36:56 AM

Pot calling kettle black?
Curious since we argued earlier about it.   Has roman updated all the people he owes money too?   If so, do you have the link?
topical in this thread.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:43:39 AM

Never before in the history of mankind has it been so easy to send value from one person to another. That is the "greatness" of bitcoin. When the "greatness" of man catches up, there will be many less scumbags. Until then, it's apparently quite profitable to be the one scumbag in the ten sheep if just one of them falls for a ponzi, fraud, scam, bait and switch, non-escrow transaction or confidence trick.

Just think about all the scumbags there already were in the world, preying on innocent victims but still requiring names, addresses, complete bank account information, credit card numbers, expirations, CVV2, etc in order to rob them. Now all it takes is someone to press a single button based on "faith".

TL;DR? Easy money attracts scumbags.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: