Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitbet.us scammers ignore delivered BFL products  (Read 11548 times)
Branksy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:58:20 PM

I was one of the Yes betters (0.6 btc).  I'd like to explain what led me to bet yes After the first units started shipping.

As i'm sure others here do, i work professionally with a lot of electrical engineers.  I specifically asked a few before betting if power requirements would be considered performance or just specifications.  What i heard back unanimously (from my small sample) is that performance doesn't relate to power consumption, that would be Performance Per Watt, which is different.  It's the same as saying that case size relates to performance.  Energy is just a utility to achieve performance, not the performance itself.

I understand that the reason BFL looked so good is because of the performance per watt, but just because we want low wattage for maximum profits, and just because that's what we based our pre-orders on, still doesn't mean it's relevant to "Advertised Performance".

There seems to be a lot of negativity in this thread, so i would appreciate calm responses Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

Just as there is no point in you saying the same thing that's already been said, there is equally no point in restating why it doesn't matter what you think.

Thread's dead baby.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
rikur (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:53:26 PM

Just as there is no point in you saying the same thing that's already been said, there is equally no point in restating why it doesn't matter what you think.

Thread's dead baby.

I'm just waiting for the rest of the ripped off people to show up from the July 1st bet. That is of course if the feds don't shut down polimedia / BitBet / MPEx before that.. maybe even SatoshiDice gets shut down thanks to the irresponsibility of the MPOE guys.
rikur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:08:54 PM

I was one of the Yes betters (0.6 btc).  I'd like to explain what led me to bet yes After the first units started shipping.

As i'm sure others here do, i work professionally with a lot of electrical engineers.  I specifically asked a few before betting if power requirements would be considered performance or just specifications.  What i heard back unanimously (from my small sample) is that performance doesn't relate to power consumption, that would be Performance Per Watt, which is different.  It's the same as saying that case size relates to performance.  Energy is just a utility to achieve performance, not the performance itself.

I understand that the reason BFL looked so good is because of the performance per watt, but just because we want low wattage for maximum profits, and just because that's what we based our pre-orders on, still doesn't mean it's relevant to "Advertised Performance".

There seems to be a lot of negativity in this thread, so i would appreciate calm responses Smiley

You're completely correct about that, however the resolution was based on a forum post from 2012, ignoring everything that was updated since then.

Depending on how much you should have won, you could consider taking action against these foul mouthed scammers. I placed the early 2 BTC Yes bet and am still considering legal action, but giving it some time as this thing could unravel on its own. Feel free to PM me about it.

Also, please be aware that if you send them an email requesting a refund etc, you might get publicly defaced like this https://i.imgur.com/U50p1sW.jpg (posted on the shitty pay per view blog by the douchebag running these unlicensed, illegal services).

Branksy

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:30:40 PM

Depending on how much you should have won, you could consider taking action against these foul mouthed scammers. I placed the early 2 BTC Yes bet and am still considering legal action, but giving it some time as this thing could unravel on its own. Feel free to PM me about it.

While I would jump at the chance under different circumstances, i don't want to take place in any legal action that could result in negative press for BTC in general.  I waited over 20 years for this currency and i'm willing to take a few hits in its infancy.

Also, please be aware that if you send them an email requesting a refund etc, you might get publicly defaced like this https://i.imgur.com/U50p1sW.jpg (posted on the shitty pay per view blog by the douchebag running these unlicensed, illegal services).

Yeah i saw that on reddit.  As a side note, i shared an email exchange with them that implied to me that they had decided a resolution before the bet had resolved.  I'm not saying i believe that, i just expected a more responsive reply and it seemed dismissive to me.  I'll share it, despite the embarrassing instawallet mistake lol:

http://s14.postimg.org/desh99u41/iwalemail.png

edit used the wrong word
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:32:55 PM

Yeah i saw that on reddit.  As a side note, i shared an email exchange with them that implied to me that they had decided a resolution before the bet had ended.  I'm not saying i believe that, i just expected a more responsive reply and it seemed dismissive to me.  I'll share it, despite the embarrassing instawallet mistake lol:

>>that implied to me that they had decided a resolution before the bet had ended.

How? Your payout could be anything from 0 or whatever it would be if you would/will/had won.

Also to be fair, you got my reply on email in less than 5 min (3 to be exact and 2 minutes now on the forum). I'd say its a great customer service. And btw, if you read the faq, you will find the explanation there on how to calc your payout for youself, so we don't have to that for each and everyone that wishes to know.

rikur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:47:17 PM

Oh the FAQ with the rules?!

What bets are BadBets?

First and foremost, statements that can not univocally be established as either true or false at a certain point in the future are BadBets and as such unacceptable on BitBet. For instance, "God Exists" is unacceptable, because it can never be established as either true or false. "God will change Coke to Pepsi on August 19th, 2013" is also unacceptable, also because it can never be established as true or false (even if the change of Coke to Pepsi could allegedly be established).

The "advertised performance" can't be univocally established to true or false. The rest of the bet can be. That should yield two possible outcomes: a) The bet is cancelled because it's against your policy OR b) the bet is resolved on the non-ambiguous parts of it to "Yes".

My old "Yes" payout address is still valid.
Branksy

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:48:35 PM

how to calc your payout for youself, so we don't have to that for each and everyone that wishes to know.

All i was really saying for sure is that if they were going to cancel or if it was undecided then most support would simply give me the numbers so that when the bet is concluded i could file my claim, assuming 2 of the 3 possible decisions.  At that point i didn't see how No could possibly win, so i thought cancellation was most likely, before the email.

*edit*
or point me to the formula to calculate my own
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

how to calc your payout for youself, so we don't have to that for each and everyone that wishes to know.

All i was really saying for sure is that if they were going to cancel or if it was undecided then most support would simply give me the numbers so that when the bet is concluded i could file my claim, assuming 2 of the 3 possible decisions.  At that point i didn't see how No could possibly win, so i thought cancellation was most likely, before the email.

But you can get those numbers yourself!

*edit*
or point me to the formula to calculate my own

http://bitbet.us/faq/#14

Branksy

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:54:55 PM

Not trying to argue, don't think my point is even valid, just opinion lol.

If that link was in the email then i wouldn't have brought it up, not a big deal, but now i feel guilty for keeping this thread alive with a pointless argument :/
kakobrekla

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:56:52 PM

If that link was in the email then i wouldn't have brought it up, not a big deal, but now i feel guilty for keeping this thread alive with a pointless argument :/

A well, it happens.

rikur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

Don't feel bad. You were wronged and you're supposed to feel mad if anything.

This thread is not dead at all. People are still waiting for answers from BitBet.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:20:09 PM

I see your #14 and raise you a #22.

What bets are BadBets?

First and foremost, statements that can not univocally be established as either true or false at a certain point in the future are BadBets and as such unacceptable on BitBet. For instance, "God Exists" is unacceptable, because it can never be established as either true or false. "God will change Coke to Pepsi on August 19th, 2013" is also unacceptable, also because it can never be established as true or false (even if the change of Coke to Pepsi could allegedly be established).

Then, any bet to do with breaking the law (specifically, murder, but also arson, theft, general destruction and mayhem) is a BadBet and not allowed on BitBet. So, bets such as "President Obama will be shot on December the 19th between 18:30:00 and 19:00:00 UTC", "The Empire State building will burn to the ground sometime in June 2013", "A crowd of at least five hundred protestors will not throw tomatoes at Nicole Kidman during the Cannes" and so forth are all unacceptable.

Also, bets which are not really bets but moreover advertising, advocacy, rambling nonsense and such are unacceptable on BitBet.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:30:49 AM

It seems like "planes hurting each other" does not constitute a "BadBet", just like the poorly worded (and still not conclusively clarified!) July 1st BFL bet...

bitbet.us/bet/148/one-plane-from-p-r-china-will-be-hurt-by/

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
inh

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:02:17 AM

Add me to the list that think power is not performance and that old forum posts for a canceled product probably aren't the greatest source for the currently advertised specifications.
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:47:36 AM

Add me to the list of those who think this thread is simply full of lulz.

I read the bet - didn't seem ambiguous at the time. OR profitable.

classic parts? the email re: fuckin your wife, and Inaba sticking up for ...well...the generation 2 bfl scam.

Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose. Bet on an unsure outcome, and lose your money. Whine about it, and look like a fool.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:22:27 PM

As i'm sure others here do, i work professionally with a lot of electrical engineers.  I specifically asked a few before betting if power requirements would be considered performance or just specifications.

You obviously asked the wrong people, for one, and you obviously omitted informing them that the specifications did in fact include a power usage for the other. Either of these make the results of the ask operation undefined.

Add me to the list of those who think this thread is simply full of lulz.

I read the bet - didn't seem ambiguous at the time. OR profitable.

classic parts? the email re: fuckin your wife, and Inaba sticking up for ...well...the generation 2 bfl scam.

Stupid is as stupid does, I suppose. Bet on an unsure outcome, and lose your money. Whine about it, and look like a fool.

You didn't get to the Internet-sue on grounds of Grand Butthurt part I take it.

It seems like "planes hurting each other" does not constitute a "BadBet", just like the poorly worded (and still not conclusively clarified!) July 1st BFL bet...

bitbet.us/bet/148/one-plane-from-p-r-china-will-be-hurt-by/

Yes, governments of sovereigns have this bizarre property that they are legally allowed to kill people and destroy property. Who knew!

As to the July bet: if you ask specific questions, you get specific answers. If you declare something to be X you mostly get ignored, as you're not on my list of people who get to make binding declarative statements.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:43:07 AM

As to the July bet: if you ask specific questions, you get specific answers. If you declare something to be X you mostly get ignored, as you're not on my list of people who get to make binding declarative statements.

Okay then scammer, I have 2 specific questions I would like specific answers to.

1) For the July 1st BFL bet, what exactly is the advertised performance?
2) Why isn't this essential information listed on the actual bet?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:50:27 PM

Well then, idiot:

Exactly what it was at the time the bet was introduced.

It is.

Also, you're going on my ignore, which means now you can't even get a second chance at asking a question. Practically speaking you're both deaf and mute now. Cool going, huh.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:50:14 PM

Well then, idiot:

Exactly what it was at the time the bet was introduced.

It is.

Also, you're going on my ignore, which means now you can't even get a second chance at asking a question. Practically speaking you're both deaf and mute now. Cool going, huh.

MPOE and BitBet are run by scammy cunts as proven by the complete and utter bullshit just posted by this representative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: