Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Everything Bubble  (Read 2195 times)
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:17:43 AM

The Everything Bubble: Stocks, Real Estate & Bond Implosion - Mike Maloney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Oz2R0u4VM

Is everything overpriced? Are we going to crash soon? When? Discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:29:48 AM

Actually there are so many bubbles. Some better projects with really cheap comparing with others. For example monero is a such a nice projects with great expectaions from investors. But the price is so fixed. However for example xrp so much volume and overpriced in a very short time period.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:23:41 AM

Well bubble were caused by the huge whales who are buying a large amount of stocks or commodities. Once the price was up they will dump their shares or stocks or in the case of cryptocurrency they will dump their coins resulting to a bubble. Once the dump is done the bubble will pop and the price will go back to the ground rendering many investors to lose huge amount of their capital.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:35:47 AM

Yes,everything will continue to be overpriced as long as people continue to use fiat money and the central banks continue to print them.
Are we going to crash?YES,but it won`t be soon.The people still trust the financial system.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

Is everything overpriced? Are we going to crash soon? When? Discussion

I basically agree with Mr. Mike Maloney

Though I don't know him and whether we should trust him. That said, if everything is a bubble, then money is a bubble too, so it is essentially six of one and half a dozen of the other. That means that you should simply stick to the approach preached by Warren Butteff (with whom I also completely agree), who says that it is "far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price". In this case, it comes down to choosing between bubbles and buying the bubble which is slightly less bubbled than the rest of the bubbles

ProzCoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:16:56 PM

Yes, everything is a bubble and soon, the price of everything will drop. Price of crypto can not be as higher as they are right now. Whales are just here to take money from all the people

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:21:34 PM

Mike Maloney is officially supporting bitcoin as a must-have asset in everyone's portfolio. Slowly more and more big investment personalities are going to be recommend bitcoin as a requirement to hedge against the collapsing banking system.

The last step is convincing Peter Schiff of finally joining the bitcoin team, but that guy will die still in denial as BTC reaches 6 figures an gold continues his descent into stagnation.
surus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 07:25:13 PM

Never in the history the money (interest) has been so cheap across so many important economies. That makes shifts in the money flows when looking for yield (bonds->stocks->startUps..). It's a reversible process.

Cryptocurrency arbitrage and market maker: www.rialto.ai
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:17:58 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 09:43:40 PM by odolvlobo

Well bubble were caused by the huge whales who are buying a large amount of stocks or commodities.

Just look at the housing bubble. That was caused by millions of ordinary people buying houses that they ultimately could not afford.

A bubble is caused by speculative buying by many small investors. It may be triggered by whales making large buys, but it isn't a bubble until it becomes mainstream.

We are not there yet, but it will be time to exit when you see waves of newbies talking about how much their bitcoin investments are worth.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:47:47 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 09:55:22 PM by Hydrogen

Stocks, bonds, real estate aren't a bubble.

The underlying issues are wealth/wage inequality and the negative effect it has upon the world economy.

Big taxes, the high cost of healthcare & rent being expensive has a negative economic impact as those liabilities deplete the dollar sum that can be spent on the economy.

Analysts who claim a bubble is coming, aren't really talking about a bubble where things are overpriced.

Its more accurate to say they're acknowledging the spending power of the average person is declining to a point where prices can't be maintained.
AlBTross

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:37:54 PM

The stock market is in a bubble and it's about to pop. Today there was a 370 point drop, just the beginning.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

I would say that there is a LOT that is overpriced, stocks are bubbled and RE is also bubbled in a lot of areas, mostly due to people moving and inflating values, as well as new immigrants getting mortgages on things that they aren't necessarily able to afford or are ready to start buying. Happening in a lot of places.

Will we crash? Probably, but it depends on whether or not the banks let it happen in a brutal manner. Chances are they won't and it will be like 2008 again, but it just makes the "reset" crash many times worse the longer it all goes on.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:24:24 PM

Everything in economics circulation which can doubled money will always bubbles, in case stocks or cryptocurrencies mostly will drop after the tide due to people trade these objects. Some may crash obviously, but others will stand such as bitcoin right now has great movement and persist at this level of price because people still believe in this investment, it may decline again as long as 'transaction stuck' problem not resolved.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:37:14 PM

I dunno what kind of reputation this guy has, but his video on fractional reserve lending was neat to watch and somewhat educational when it came down to it, might recommend it to some of my friends.
As for whether or not everything is overpriced: probably.
There is a new generation in America that is going to have a hard time paying for basically everything that you're mentioning, and a lot of what you have listed will probably have to be inherited by each subsequent generation for there to not be a collapse.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:37:51 PM

Absolutely yes. Everything is a bubble. But we are not in there right now. Will we crash? Probably, yes or not. It depends on the situation. If the banks let it happen? Then be it. Accept it atleast at that point you know you earn something in there. The thing here is be ready to face that speculation.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 06:13:24 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 04:04:14 PM by deisik

Well bubble were caused by the huge whales who are buying a large amount of stocks or commodities.

Just look at the housing bubble. That was caused by millions of ordinary people buying houses that they ultimately could not afford

This is not even about that

If people only bought houses to live in them (i.e. as their homes), that might not have been such a big issue, after all (say, one house per family). But many people had been buying more than enough (so to speak) with borrowed money at that only to sell their property later when the price rose. Obviously, it couldn't but cause a real estate bubble to swell first and then burst it with people being unable to pay out their debts when the price of their "investments" plummeted like a stone

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:33:52 AM

I am not ready to agree that everything is being pumped to be a bubble. A bubble could be identified and classified when its market is not backing up with enough volume. When there are many/enough people to contribute to continue an up surge, I believe that scenario should not be termed as bubble.

A bubble will find a crash whereas a valid appreciations may find some corrections. This could be another way of identifying a bubble.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 10:00:42 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 11:00:30 AM by deisik

I am not ready to agree that everything is being pumped to be a bubble. A bubble could be identified and classified when its market is not backing up with enough volume. When there are many/enough people to contribute to continue an up surge, I believe that scenario should not be termed as bubble

This is an impossible case and claim

I mean if we took that assumption as legit and valid, bubbles would not be possible at all. There should always be enough people ready to pour their money until the bubble finally pops. If it were not so, you wouldn't be able to create bubbles in the first place. Otherwise, how could you make a bubble? The only way to do that is via injecting massive amounts of money into something (e.g. real estate, dot-coms, stocks, or whatever). Therefore, the very definition of bubble assumes hefty amounts of money required to inflate it

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:11:38 PM

Actually there are so many bubbles. Some better projects with really cheap comparing with others. For example monero is a such a nice projects with great expectaions from investors. But the price is so fixed. However for example xrp so much volume and overpriced in a very short time period.

Agreed. XRP put a ton more into their economy then say they are going to lock it up. That created a price crash when they added more and when they said they will lock a lot of it up it created a bigger bubble
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:31:56 AM

Just look at the housing bubble. That was caused by millions of ordinary people buying houses that they ultimately could not afford.

A bubble is caused by speculative buying by many small investors. It may be triggered by whales making large buys, but it isn't a bubble until it becomes mainstream.

We are not there yet, but it will be time to exit when you see waves of newbies talking about how much their bitcoin investments are worth.

I would agree with this. True, whales may collude to pump up a commodity but it would take a number of small participants to really push it up. The initial boost makes it attractive to newer players.

This is actually making me nervous. I started around December last year, and just held on to my btc despite the mini-plunges. I waited long enough to trade, actually wouldn't have if I was not egged. "Oh come on, how will you get more btc without buying with your fiat?".

I did my first trade last night - I bought XRP.  Undecided Now I'm wondering if that is just money down the drain...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: