Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:37:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW!!! New Record 200622 Unconfirmed Transactions  (Read 6882 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

Bitcoin is broken, don't know why people still use it when there is a plenty of better alternative  Roll Eyes
Name the coin of your choice, then imagine that this coin has bitcoin's user base and number of transaction per day,
add unsolicited use of blockchain and aggressive spamming and I am sure that your coin will crumble very fast.
Bitcoin is growing fast, but we have still use the same initial parameters. We need  SegWit + off-chain scaling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:55:07 PM

Bitcoin is broken, don't know why people still use it when there is a plenty of better alternative  Roll Eyes
Which one is better  Grin
Bitcoin is not broken, it is just under attack by few people/organization who like to centralize bitcoin network with their alternative bitcoin clients full of bugs.  Wink

Many newbies are getting into bitcoin after seeing massive price growth on bitcoin but they try to save even a small sum of bitcoin for fee that adds more transactions to mempool.

Not broken?  Really?

When a transaction is stuck for days, it's broken.  And I can't increase the fee because of my old version of MultiBit:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/4d69c58bea463608aa0ded4f025ed8933f2422106244d6c893441a627257b688

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/b435a0fe0150be8f6f244242205ee7e61eadd283b6abab007d7d19816a60d8f5

That first one was sent MAY 10.

export your private key and use a different wallet. Bitcoin is not broken if you are in need of a speedy transaction pay a higher fee.

Bitcoin is broken and so is your thought process. So how do you bump the fees? Send more BTC from another wallet and get that stuck too? Keep your head under the sand.

So it looks like those paying maximum fees on electrum who haven't enabled or don't know about rbf, in other words almost everyone. Currently, they're stuck indefinitely at the 100 s per byte. But it seems to be clearing slightly. Asia should be in bed and the Europe should slow down now so at least the longest bar here https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ should start to shrink.
The network was spammed, it's an attack for political reasons. Don't be an ignorant douchebag, if you can't handle tech and growing pains then stay away until it's aged enough for you.

Show proof. I'm watching block chain explorer and I see no micro transactions. How are they clogging the network full of high fee transactions? You're either really stupid and believe what you say or are a little stupid and think we will. What you're saying is being done can't be done.

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:57:24 PM

Name the coin of your choice, then imagine that this coin has bitcoin's user base and number of transaction per day,
add unsolicited use of blockchain and aggressive spamming and I am sure that your coin will crumble very fast.
Bitcoin is growing fast, but we have still use the same initial parameters. We need  SegWit + off-chain scaling.

Dash, gets hit by DDOS attacks, survives and can scale unlimited amounts. Has a superior algorithm and has masternodes to back it up. Bitcoin isn't being attacked by micro-transactions. It hasn't been attacked since the minimum transaction limit was put in place. The only way to attack would be to spam large fee transactions. That would cost a huge amount, even a no fee ddos costs a fortune.

prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:26:19 PM

that is why Bitcoin is not as good as many people think and soon it will be replaced by another cryptocurrency which is better and stronger and can maintain a huge number of users everyday

Well, bitcoin transaction is over now & we should take another cryptocurrency but which is better or best crypto as a alt of bitcoin you think that will take a part of next bitcoin?
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:28:43 PM

Dash, gets hit by DDOS attacks, survives and can scale unlimited amounts. Has a superior algorithm and has masternodes to back it up. Bitcoin isn't being attacked by micro-transactions. It hasn't been attacked since the minimum transaction limit was put in place. The only way to attack would be to spam large fee transactions. That would cost a huge amount, even a no fee ddos costs a fortune.

Unofortunatly that is what happens, some people just spam their transactions over and over again. I get it we are all frustrated but what do people have when they are sending transactions that are not that much necessary. This is just an example of somebody playing around, check this out https://blockchain.info/address/11eX8w8oF1zgAbCyGFKNGCsR7Srxvkzya spam transactions right there as you can see these transactions are all heavy with their bytes... maybe even some miner does this and mine those to raise the fees it wouldn't surprise me if they do it...

that is why Bitcoin is not as good as many people think and soon it will be replaced by another cryptocurrency which is better and stronger and can maintain a huge number of users everyday

Well, bitcoin transaction is over now & we should take another cryptocurrency but which is better or best crypto as a alt of bitcoin you think that will take a part of next bitcoin?

Litecoin, Dash and ETH could replace bitcoin from this moment. I'd bet on LTC if nothing happens with scaling soon, which I doubt.
kriptotr

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:57:06 PM

You guys are like losers standing in a long line outside of a nightclub complaining about how bad the nightclub is.

The most clear comment under this thread. Yes, there are negative aspects of bitcoin currently, but providing a solution to these problems are inevitable.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:30:46 PM

Bitcoin needs to scale and when it does it'll be able to sustain huge user base/transactions. as "slark" said we need SegWit and off-chain scaling. bitcoin won't be replaced by another cryptocurrency.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:38:45 PM

Well, litecoin is identical to bitcoin, but runs 4 times faster, and has hence 4 times more room.  All the rest being identical, I don't see how litecoin could crumble faster than bitcoin.  

Monero has self-adapting block size, so you simply cannot spam the block full.  You can spam yourself poor, and the blocks would increase until you're out of money, to retract again afterwards.  Moreover, monero hasn't (for the moment) any ASIC mining industry, so even though the block chain would be bulkier, and the verification much heavier, there's no structural limit, only technical costs.

Ethereum is evolving very fast, because its protocol is still entirely centralized on the Foundation, and they will never have wars like bitcoin, because they have no serious principles left after their history-rewriting hard fork.  But sometimes, bastards without principles are much useful than pristine systems with design flaws.

Finally, if you only need a swift payment system, and you don't care about speculation in the long term, but just want to be sure to get your thing done, and be sure that you will always get your thing done, there's centralized ripple.  It works like a charm, and there's no danger of Chinese maffia taking over or whatever.

I'm not entirely sure, but what is labelled spam on bitcoin may very well simply being the thing that bitcoin has been boasting for years, namely "the most secure blockchain in the world, the ledger that graves everything in stone", which has been used a lot by other applications, for exactly that.  So all this "spam" is maybe simply other applications graving their thing on the "eternal block chain".

Bitcoin is the very first crypto currency, and it contains a lot of design flaws, of which the principal flaw that one is now being hurt with is the fact that it has a hard limit on block size.  Nothing would stop bitcoin to work with bigger blocks, but that is now frozen in.   But there are many others.  Its emission curve is a disaster, making for speculation more than payment system, and its proof of work has separated industrials from users and is a huge waste of electricity and hardware for essentially a problem that could be solved in a totally different way.  So thinking that because the Ford-T of crypto cannot handle it, no modern car can handle it, is crazy.  
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 07:45:32 PM

Ford-T of crypto - so apt.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:51:08 PM

I'm in, my transaction is one of those unconfirmed and it's already a day, okay I'm into the unconfirmed club and this is my first time to experience this.
No, I'm going to stay with bitcoin even with this problem I know this will get some solution in the near future and I don't have choice but to keep on waiting for my transaction to get some confirmation.  Grin

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:09:17 PM

I'm in, my transaction is one of those unconfirmed and it's already a day, okay I'm into the unconfirmed club and this is my first time to experience this.
No, I'm going to stay with bitcoin even with this problem I know this will get some solution in the near future and I don't have choice but to keep on waiting for my transaction to get some confirmation.  Grin

Most people don't have much choices because bitcoin is still the main gateway before fiat conversion. If I have a better option I won't use bitcoin for for the meantime. Too slow with higher fees which is now no different from centralized business entities in which some of them have lower transaction fees than bitcoin.
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:32:56 PM

Seems like these transactions will happen less and less once people start to understand the current atmosphere of bitcoin. You need a fee. Bitcoin is not good for moving around small amounts of money right now. It needs to change and it will. Keep voicing support of segqit and larger blocks.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

No other cryptocurrency are having the same volume in transaction as Bitcoin.  Most are just being transact within a trading platform and we all know it does not went through blockchain, just a script online.  So which one will replace bitcoin?  No on are tested for scaling threshold yet.  So I wonder which cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:36:09 PM

in what world a centralized, pre-mined, pump and dump, buggy, in some case bloated, insecure altcoin is better than bitcoin?
maybe next time you make a throwaway account, make sure to also give us some example Smiley

Bitcoin was premined too though. It is currently centralized by massive mining operations in china. It has been bloated these last few weeks too.

Granted we can solve the bloating problem and the million bitcoin premine has stayed in same address this whole time. But it really is centralized by a huge few mining companies.
krankNL

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:47:39 PM

No other cryptocurrency are having the same volume in transaction as Bitcoin.  Most are just being transact within a trading platform and we all know it does not went through blockchain, just a script online.  So which one will replace bitcoin?  No on are tested for scaling threshold yet.  So I wonder which cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin.

Nice point to touch with, most of the people don't see this.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:07:32 PM

No one will replace Bitcoin on short term. Bitcoin is the only Crypto-Currency which has full trust and reputation, there are many people who don't matter with Crypto-Currency, but are using Bitcoins because Bitcoin is someone peerless, no one can beat it now.

If there are many transactions it's because there are many people using it, somehow it's a good sign, I just hope the users don't stop using Bitcoins because the delay in transactions...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:40:24 PM

All the merchants that accept bitcoin are not going to wake up and just start taking Litecoin or any other coin. They would probably just watch for a while before making any decision.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:15:29 PM

All the merchants that accept bitcoin are not going to wake up and just start taking Litecoin or any other coin. They would probably just watch for a while before making any decision.

They'll just drop it all together if this continues to go on.

This is becoming interesting in some way. SegWit blockers are going to ruin themselves this way, it's all clogged and fees are going through the roof.

Also, the record has been broken. lol

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:18:41 PM

probably those altcoin users want you to move a bit for the altcoins, otherwise they wouldn't spam tose unconfirmed transactions. the unconfirmed transactions are still ever increasing, so wish we won't have to pay a higher fee compete them.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:21:31 PM

Most merchants just don't really worry about something like this as long as it isn't impacting their sales though. Most of them more than likely make large transactions at the end of the week to an exchange and exchange their Bitcoin and pay off whatever they need to, and it would still be cheaper than using other means for them. They don't have to worry about being charged $0.85 because it would be a lot more if they used other mediums like credit cards. They're still happy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: