Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:19:15 AM

Selling bitcoin is a tough decision, and opportunity MAY BE loss if one will sell it. Bitcoin's price increase with time, so its better to hold it for a long time to have a bigger profit. But it depends on situation. If one really needs money, then its time to sell SOME of the bitcoins. One reason why people are on bitcoin is to gain profit because they need money. Its always right to sell it when you really need it especially on times of emergencies. But make sure that you really need it so you wont regret selling it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:04:52 AM

It depends on what people believe in as much as you are very right with you assumptions, selling bitcoin to me is not a total loose because the reason why people sell bitcoin differs why some sell to take gain others sell due to panic and some other person sell just to meet they needs so you see the various reasons why people sell bitcoin. But which ever way when you sell your bitcoin it means partial exist from the bitcoin community until you refills you bitcoin again.
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:33:50 AM

In my opinion it will depends on your needs. Selling your bitcoin during the dip will surely a loss opportunity to earn more profit but if you sell it because you need fiat money to feed your family then it's another story.
Most of my friends are here just for the bounty they get. Once they have the token and available to exchange, they will not hold it regardless of the price of bitcoin. Because they need money for daily needs.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
@matthew17

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:40:37 AM

Yes ,that is totally true if you sell your bitcoin right now your big opportunity to have more money in the future will be loss .I will tell you an advice , hold your bitcoin now or until it reaches its ultimate price .
Farhan786

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Bitcoin nature instability. It can increase or decrease according to the variety of needs. But we can clearly see that in some countries bitcoins are being legalized. Bitcoin worldwide is being accepted worldwide. Transaction fees have once again decreased, more people will again show interest in using Bitcoins. So, the price of bitcoin will increase further.
Feduk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:34:20 AM

Selling all the bitcoin is definitely opportunity loss, but rational people diversify assets and can sell some bitcoin and invest it in something else (alts).
It is common practice to redistrubute risks.
Nievs

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

Seriously  selling bitcoin is not opportunity loss
You need to do is waiting for the right timing before you sell it
If you thing the price is right for you or you're contented for the value of your bitcoin go for it,whatever you choose you alway make money for selling bitcoin so it's up to you
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:34:51 PM

It depends on how you perceive what loss is. It is natural to have regrets especially in bitcoin because no one knows that it will pump up to 20k usd last December but it doesn't mean it is a loss. Take that as a lesson. But if you have earnings and you get your investment, then I don't actually call it as a loss. You get your investment and at the same time you earned. The value of bitcoin is volatile. No one can really predict if its value will go dump or pump.

gorush

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:37:04 PM

All can be a chance all is about timing
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:28:17 PM

It depends on how you perceive what loss is. It is natural to have regrets especially in bitcoin because no one knows that it will pump up to 20k usd last December but it doesn't mean it is a loss. Take that as a lesson. But if you have earnings and you get your investment, then I don't actually call it as a loss. You get your investment and at the same time you earned. The value of bitcoin is volatile. No one can really predict if its value will go dump or pump.

Well what you're losing here is the opportunity of earning more when the price goes up. If you needed to really sell, then there's nothing to regret about since its necessary. That's why its really better if you have a regular job where you can get your expenses from so you won't have to sell and spend your bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:59:51 PM

If you sell your bitcoins now then it's definitely a loss of opportunity as you can gain way much more when you just hodl and wait for the market to recover which it surely will. Then when the bull run comes you can sell off and make as much profit as possible but if you sell off your bitcoins now in this bear market then all of this potential just goes out the window.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM

Selling bitcoin might be an opportunity loss if there are always an uptrend, if all people would want to hold it then the price will probably go up. The problem with this idea is that people cannot be controlled. We have different needs and wants. We cannot just hold bitcoins long enough then sell it when the price is high. The opportunity is rather lost when you cannot find the right timr for selling your bitcoins.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
KomodoStrikes

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:50:33 PM

I think that makes sense.
Bitcoin is said to be a cryptocurrency for long term hold.
I have mine which i bought at 7K this week an i am planning to hold this for long until it's really time to sell.
And the longer I hold, the bigger the opportunity for me to sell it at a very good price.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:41:38 AM

I think if we sell our bitcoin on this present price, which is now really dropping, it will be maybe become a big loss in a future, I believe that the opportunity is lose if we are going to sell it on this present price, the bitcoin is profitable if we can use it properly but if we are notvserious on it we can get more on it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

piter_wip12592

Activity: 219

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:01:36 AM

I think if we sell our bitcoin on this present price, which is now really dropping, it will be maybe become a big loss in a future, I believe that the opportunity is lose if we are going to sell it on this present price, the bitcoin is profitable if we can use it properly but if we are notvserious on it we can get more on it.
I am worried . I always thought that bitcoin was good if it went down, I would still keep it and not sell it. But now there are many ICO projects that are very well developed. This can destroy the BTC. I need advice on whether to sell or retain it.
drew314

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:34:27 AM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Yes I agree with you, because of bitcoin's volatilty we don't know when the price will move up or drop but I think those people who are selling their bitcoins are just afraid to lose their holdings and lose money. Just as what you've said, we can't predict the bitcoin price volatilty.
Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:04:47 AM

Selling Bitcoin could be beneficial especially when the rate is high. However the timing here is very crucial and you need to also trade in a hefty amount to earn a decent profit.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:21:07 AM

It depends because in fact you can maximize your gains doing short trades. It's not an opportunity loss when you sell it  and it go up again because it can also go back down just like what happened when btc was $20k and fell down to $6k.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:29:29 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 10:56:43 PM by vina.lugtu

Yes you can lose some money if you sell bitcoin. We all.know that bitcoin will go skyrocket in the years to come. We jist have to be disciplined and resist the temptation of spending the money. Spend what you only need, save the rest of your btc for your future. Hodl it and be rich later. This is very hard to do but if others can, we can. I was a one day millionaire before. BTC helped me to overcome that obstacle and I am hodling instead of spending.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 03:37:23 AM

sometimes someone thinks they will lose when the price goes down and the buyer will have many opportunities. but someone who believes bitcoin prices will go up, they will continue to hold until their prices rise and they have a greater chance. but there are also people who panic sell and ultimately didn't have a chance. all depends on the bitcoin holder itself, whether to hold and hold, or panic sell.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: