Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:56:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13660 times)
computerparts (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:29:58 AM

So I heard one of BFL's wafers were broken and they're waiting on another batch. If this is true, it will add to the delays.  Anyone know if this is true?
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

So I heard one of BFL's wafers were broken and they're waiting on another batch. If this is true, it will add to the delays.  Anyone know if this is true?

Yes, it's true. A sack of rice fell over in China and crushed the wafer.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:15:54 AM

Why rice? Why not a full plate of dumplings?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:30:26 AM

Mmmmm, like shui mai or har gow?  I haven't had dim sum in a long time.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:59:07 AM

Mmmmm, like shui mai or har gow?  I haven't had dim sum in a long time.

Shui mai... is the right call. Damn now I want dimsum this weekend.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:35:45 PM

I didn't even know they were pregnant!

Oh, you said wafer...
Frizz23

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:43:47 PM

Any Germans here willing to explain?  Wink

rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:44:18 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 03:32:46 PM by rograz

I came here expecting waffles, I'm disappointed:(
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:44:54 PM

Not sure about any BFL Wafers breaking, but judging from Josh's behavior on the forums lately, I think his mind may be breaking.

Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?

It is just absolutely mind-boggling how his leash-holders allow him to continue like he does in public. Has developed this split-personality complex that Inaba/BFL_Josh-Zerlan are two different personalities !

I mean name calling ? Is he still in grade school ? This is the public face of Butterfly Labs ?

For shame !

EDIT: Speak of waffles, perhaps we should send Josh a Blue Waffle ?
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:09:57 PM

Not sure about any BFL Wafers breaking, but judging from Josh's behavior on the forums lately, I think his mind may be breaking.

Can anyone over there at BFL try to slip some lithium or anti-psychotics in his drinks, please ?

It is just absolutely mind-boggling how his leash-holders allow him to continue like he does in public. Has developed this split-personality complex that Inaba/BFL_Josh-Zerlan are two different personalities !

I mean name calling ? Is he still in grade school ? This is the public face of Butterfly Labs ?

For shame !

I don't think it's fair to characterize using a different voice in different contexts as "psychotic."  Do you speak to your boss the exact same way as you speak to your close friends?  No, you use different filters in different contexts.  He's on record as saying that Inaba is Josh speaking as Josh (unfiltered), and BFL_Josh is Josh speaking as the BFL rep.

Whether that's a good idea is debatable, but hardly "psychotic."

I can understand people being upset with BFL, but the level of willful distortion lately on the part of detractors is off the charts.  If you want to criticize someone effectively, you need to keep a modicum of credibility for yourself.

Frizz23

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

He's on record as saying that Inaba is Josh speaking as Josh (unfiltered), and BFL_Josh is Josh speaking as the BFL rep.

No, Josh always uses his Inaba account - even when talking about BFL in his role as company representative.

Go check his stats:

Name:            BFL_Josh
Position:        Jr. Member
Date Registered: August 01, 2012, 02:58:50 PM
Last Active:     January 11, 2013, 08:16:28 AM

That was 3 month ago ...

rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:41:30 PM

He's on record as saying that Inaba is Josh speaking as Josh (unfiltered), and BFL_Josh is Josh speaking as the BFL rep.

No, Josh always uses his Inaba account - even when talking about BFL in his role as company representative.

Go check his stats:

Name:            BFL_Josh
Position:        Jr. Member
Date Registered: August 01, 2012, 02:58:50 PM
Last Active:     January 11, 2013, 08:16:28 AM

That was 3 month ago ...

I thought BFL stopped using bitcointalk for official statements anyway, the info you just posted kind of supports that as well doesn't it. So anything Josh posts here these days is HIS PERSONAL views/estimates, as was already said.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:58:00 PM

For shame !

I don't think it's fair to characterize using a different voice in different contexts as "psychotic."  Do you speak to your boss the exact same way as you speak to your close friends?  No, you use different filters in different contexts.  He's on record as saying that Inaba is Josh speaking as Josh (unfiltered), and BFL_Josh is Josh speaking as the BFL rep.

I can understand people being upset with BFL, but the level of willful distortion lately on the part of detractors is off the charts.  If you want to criticize someone effectively, you need to keep a modicum of credibility for yourself.

Different voice is right.

I had not given it much thought, but now that you bring it up I don't know. Josh doesn't seem to have any empathy towards anyone who might have an issue with BFL. Quite the opposite actually. He is persistently hostile, and from our point of view very manipulative. According to the stats, psychopaths make up as much as 1% of the population so it is not out of the realm of possibility that Josh could be one.

Manic depressive disorder would also explain his outbursts. He seems to disappear for lengthy periods, only to burst onto the scene calling people liars and trolls but seldom addressing the underlying issues. He does not seem rational or have any patience.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

For shame !

I had not given it much thought, but now that you bring it up I don't know. Josh doesn't seem to have any empathy towards anyone who might have an issue with BFL. Quite the opposite actually. He is persistently hostile, and from our point of view very manipulative. According to the stats, psychopaths make up as much as 1% of the population so it is not out of the realm of possibility that Josh could be one.

Manic depressive disorder would also explain his outbursts. He seems to disappear for lengthy periods, only to burst onto the scene calling people liars and trolls but seldom addressing the underlying issues. He does not seem rational or have any patience.

Except, you're the one obsessing about BFL and me personally, heh.  You might want to check yourself Smiley

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:16:43 PM

For shame !

Except, you're the one obsessing about BFL and me personally, heh.  You might want to check yourself Smiley

Problem is Josh, i am one of your customers, for example. And your company has one goal: Making money.

And the way you act in the forum might have brought me to a point of saying NO WAY IN HELL AM I ORDERING FROM THEM.
Actually, the behaviour makes me feel I should ask paypal and you guys to refund me and buy avalon chips instead.

Now I don't know if you have stake or just salary in the company. But whatever it is, someone is getting hurt if you show this image that pisses people off. It does not matter if you don't care, customers do. I have coached many professionals and this kind of issue is a classic derailer. And it is the derailer that if not fixed, in my experience has led to somewhere between 70-80% getting fired.

If you have stake, you are probably burning your own preorder money right now by behaving like this. People are always watching.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:19:07 PM

For shame !

Problem is Josh, i am one of your customers, for example. And your company has one goal: Making money.

And the way you act in the forum might have brought me to a point of saying NO WAY IN HELL AM I ORDERING FROM THEM.
Actually, the behaviour makes me feel I should ask paypal and you guys to refund me and buy avalon chips instead.

Now I don't know if you have stake or just salary in the company. But whatever it is, someone is getting hurt if you show this image that pisses people off. It does not matter if you don't care, customers do. I have coached many professionals and this kind of issue is a classic derailer. And it is the derailer that if not fixed, in my experience has led to somewhere between 70-80% getting fired.

If you have stake, you are probably burning your own preorder money right now by behaving like this. People are always watching.

The problem is, for everyone one of you that says NO WAY IN HELL there are three others that are refreshed by the fact that I don't cater to whiny customers, so the point is really moot. 

If you don't like it, don't order.  Vote with your wallet.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:26:05 PM

The problem is, for everyone one of you that says NO WAY IN HELL there are three others that are refreshed by the fact that I don't cater to whiny customers, so the point is really moot. 

I really like this statement.   It is refreshing and honest.   I am curious if you care whether BFL survives or not though since, at some point, there will be more than one vendor and everyone will be shipping from inventory.
Don't you think you should be planning for that time and care a little?

Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:26:55 PM

For shame !

I have already. I have also consulted with a company that couldn't pay me because its CEO told a big customer he is an idiot, causing three of four A clients to cancel their service contracts.

So, take care.
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:41:07 PM

This can't be a BFL guy, much less THE BFL guy. Even if he really didn't care about his company or his customers, he would be smart enough not to show it. Every one of those three that don't give a damn, WILL give a damn once they become a customer, I promise you. If he was an employee, or even more so someone high up at the company--and really did hate people, he would still know that the way to respond to posts like these is by taking the high road, being an adult, and realizing that winning an argument is not how you stay in business.

"Yes, I have been a bit short with a few of my posts and talk lately, I apologize. As you all know, we are behind in meeting our projected dates, and things are crazy busy around here trying to catch up. We are all under a lot of stress, and sometimes it shows. Again, I apologize for anything offensive or rude I may have said. We really do appreciate all of you who believed in us and have become our customers. And, as any business owner can tell you, it is always cheaper to keep customers than get new ones. We are working very hard to get our products out to all of you as soon as we can, and again I personally want to thank each and every one of you for your faith in us."

This would not only help bring in those three new customers, but would KEEP THE ONES YOU ALREADY HAVE. And you know the old saying: A happy customer tells one person, an unhappy customer tells ten. In this day and age of forums and social media, this is even more true. It isn't hard to not be an ass, really. In fact, you will find that once you do it, life gets easier: no more defending yourself constantly, less badmouthing and red text about you, more positive word of mouth, less doubting that you can deliver, etc etc.

But again, if this was an employee, especially one who actually does ANY sort of PR for a company, they already know all of this.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:47:49 PM

He is the Chief Operations Officer, so I would imagine that he has some equity. C level positions usually get some.

Enduring your irrational outbursts when I present you with evidence (usually your own post history) that you have contradicted yourself is hardly an obsession. If you actually addressed peoples claims, there wouldn't be a long history of posts. There would be 1 thread with about 10 posts in it. Instead, you string things out with insults and evasions. You have repeatedly claimed that you do this to increase the number of investors who give you money via pre-orders.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: